No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Marcie)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have returned. I'm at 222 but that is not far off. Time to get on track and go down again!

Comment

Trying to get back into things with fasting. Yesterday was good but today I am so tired. I'm not hungry, just tired. I think the stress of the next two weeks is a lot and I hope I can fight off eating chips. I'm not cooking or at home enough to look after yummy meals. So I will be trying to log on here, but some
      Of my go to people are MIA.

Comment

The scale was down this morning. Tired but it is from working too much. Another week of long days and then I am taking 4 or 5 days off for a friends wedding. I'll change my ticker on the weekend and hopefully it is down down down. IF helps me and trying to keep the carbs below 20. There are some awesome recipes I want to try but need to be home earlier in order to cook. I'm dying to try the porchetta, makes my mouth water just thinking about it! Went out for lunch but didn't eat the bread and had 2 bites of mashed potato. Who knows what was in the gravy but how bad could it be. Not a chain restaurant so not likely a powdered mix but I could be wrong. It is the only time I have eaten out since I came home from vacation. Fasting day tomorrow. I need to cut back my coffee, not good.

Comment

Just enjoying reading the forum. Some people are so knowledgeable and it is great but sometimes things get extremely confrontational. I'm not up for that. Some days are all about just trying to get through life and make the best choices I can. I am so impressed with people who have made incredible progress in a short period of time and I think to myself 'if only I had not fallen off the wagon for 2 weeks, I might be there too'. But it is what it is. I tried fasting all day but just too hungry by 3:00 so ate some chicken thighs. If that holds me ok, but if not I'll eat again. 2 cups of coffee today (one extra large) but better than the rest of the week. These children of mine want to eat fast food, pizza, fries . . . and some days I feel guilty and give in. Work, yard work, demands of others (requests I guess, not really demanding but I feel guilty saying no), housework and family are tough to balance AND make good food choices. Maybe I need a drink! Ugh.

Comment

I had a very nice evening yesterday. I went for coffee with a friend and we ended up shopping. She had lost 50lbs a few years ago but sometimes a bit creeps back on and she said she is back to 207. She tried on the same shirt as me and said 'are you skinnier than me?' Now she wants to get that 15 lbs off but I'm just as motivated as she is! I was so happy with the way things fit but I need to work on my mid-section so did wall push-ups, squats, planking (as best I can) and some kettle bell. I feel stronger and more energetic; positive energy is awesome. Walked dogs today and did some yard work before it rained. Fasting until supper.

Comment

Another person noticed that I have lost weight! FINALLY it is enough that people notice. I have fluctuated between 250 and 230 for years now and so I knew it would take some time and I am so happy. Another motivator. Going to make artichoke dip Spinach and Artichoke Dip - Caveman Keto but I think I should cut the recipe in half or I'll eat it all. Also having rosemary lemon chicken sprinkled with EVOO and fried mushrooms. Bought a little rosemary plant so I won't have to buy it again. My herbs are growing nicely and I see a few tiny tomatoes starting so I hope I will soon be eating my own produce. Didn't get to plant as many things as I wanted to but some is better than none. still want to buy a couple of patio tomatoes. Feeling hungry so get off here and start cooking.

Comment

Today I'm at 217.5. I am hoping I can keep this pace and focus but next week is hectic with friends coming and a wedding on Saturday. If I keep with IF and can say no to carbs I will be able to do this. Thursday is a night on the town which I have not done for a very long time and am looking forward to that more than the wedding. One night in Saskatoon of shopping and fun will be a blast and I have new outfits for both nights. Off to take the dogs for a run in the rain, I walked them in town on leashes the other day but 4 at a time is not an easy task. They burn off more energy running around anyway. Flying to the far north today and returning Wednesday night for work. I feel like I'm in a whirlwind, but the good kind!!! Happy Father's Day to all the dads (and to me since I do double duty).

Comment

IMG_0828.jpgIMG_0830.jpg Life in Canada's far north is absolutely beautiful. i hope I get to eat caribou meat and fresh fish while I am here. Tourist flying in and out on float planes and I am lucky enough to be working here. This is where good, clean living can happen.

Comment

I had oatmeal for breakfast, continental breakfasts aren't that great. Had caribou meat, mushrooms and carrots for supper. There are cookies in a jar at the lodge and I can't resist! 2 yesterday and 2 today. I am bad bad bad. I have such limited will power.

On the plus side I can do more planking for longer. My form isn't that great but I'm trying. Need a solution for pull=ups.

Comment

The longest week has come to an end and I am finally in my own bed. I am finally getting noticed, in fact not noticed because a lot of people said they didn't recognize me at first and said my name as a question. Yes! Now to get back on track from the wedding and running all over the country. I need to check on the few things I planted and maybe go to the greenhouse to see what they have on sale that I could throw in the ground. I would like to be at 210 within 2 weeks but maybe get there sooner.

Comment

Not a great day food-wise. Summer should be easy to eat well but there are so many curve-balls out there. Planning and tracking will be my focus. I need to make some recipes so I have some choice. It is so humid and wet, walking the dogs is such a dirty job. I guess they are itching to go so I will burn of some of the damage I did with today's choices. That little bun wrapped around a burger is so enticing. Found a posting for a half side of local grass fed beef. Just waiting to be paid and I'll make the call. Wonder if I will need to buy another freezer? I will also ask to go to the farm so see the operation; most farmers just put cows out to pasture but I want to be sure.

Comment

Breakfast - omelette with cheese and avocado
                          coffee with cream
                          logging on fit day. I feel like steak for supper but it is raining and I like to bbq. Off for a day of work and kids last day of school.

already at 18 g of carbs. Darn avocado!

Comment

My fridge is now clear of yummy cocktails like premixed caesar and palm bay. Summer is yummy. Made pizza for my boys (insert deep sigh here). Guilt from being away so much is tough.

today I worked with a girl who is raising Turkeys to raise money for college. I ordered 2. I told them to get some pigs as pork is so hard to find now with all the mass producers. I hope they think about it. Farms are awesome. I want to buy an acreage and raise my own food. Back to basics.

Comment

Has it been that long since I have been on here? My company left today and hopefully I can get myself on track again. The battery has died in my scale but my clothes still fit so can't have done too much damage. Tomorrow is a new day and a new week. I work all week as well so the regular schedule will help.

Comment

Here I am back again. I was tempted to buy a weight loss product but will just do what I know works.

Comment

Working...
                                X