No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those dinosaur pants! They're responsible for a lot of mischief.

Comment

• Oh, and they ARE great -
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Oh dear, feeling seriously burned out tonight. You don't know how much I would like to be home! Listening to jazz on the radio, maybe calling a faraway friend, having a nice leisure primal dinner instead of running from one crisis to another and throwing down a few berries and nuts on the run. Of course, I am glad I am needed and valued and most importantly PAID, and that I am able to do this, and that I have nuts and berries to eat. Still sometimes that silver lining needs a bit of polishing...

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Here's hoping the rest of your shift passes quickly, and you are home enjoying yourself soon.

Comment

• Those nights are not fun - even if you get paid for them! Hope it passes quickly (they usually do!) and that you have really good rest after it is all said and done!
            Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
            Primal low: 186 lbs
            Current weight: 221.4 lbs
            Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Probably worse because you were called in the first night!
              Female 55
              Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
              Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Definitely, I got a behind on sleep and my mental prep is just not there. Doesn't help that it is wicked busy and everyone is in a bad mood, not just me.

Had a hunk of cheddar cheese and a pint of ground cherries.

Comment

• Well, I have to say...moussaka has been the highlight of my last three days. Can't decide if that is good or bad. I have just finished the last of it. It got better every day. I did eat too much of it - I just polished off a container that had two servings in it! At least it is primal.

Comment

• I think eating the same thing for several days, almost gorging on it, and then switching to something else, is very much in line with how primitive man would have eaten. Once you bring down a wild moussaka, no matter how large, there's no sense in going out hunting for anything else until it is finished.

Comment

• Wow the bots are picking out random lines in the journals and putting them in their spam now. Ain't technology grand!
                      Height: 5' 10"
                      Starting Weight: 292
                      Starting Primal Weight: 275
                      Current weight: 224
                      Goal weight: 172
                      Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• I think I am flattered the spambots are in my journal! Wow, I've been noticed! Or...maybe not.

Don't know where to start, although I have nothing really interesting to report. Work was really busy, a few really, really sick people that needed a lot of attention. The sad thing is that all this illness is totally self-inflicted. Smoking. Obesity. Lack of sleep. Too much TV. (Yes, it causes real and serious illness.) Junk carbs. I don't blame the individual, though. Our society is messed up!

Anyway, missed church this AM. Was just too tired. But I woke up just in time to take BW Cat, who is actually named Leo, to the Blessing of the Animals. This is his third time. He does very well, although I am not so clueless that I don't know it isn't stressful for him. But it is one of those things that is important. I got two bits of kibble blessed by our pastor and put one on top of each food dish when I got home. Each cat promptly ate one. Leo forgave me right away. I think it had something to do with the sardines afterwards.

Bit nippy today! I fired up the woodstove, for the first time this is for real, not just to clean it or test it. It will make the place nice and cozy this evening.

AND I just have to record my Thai-inspired soup. I've heard it called Thai penicillin, but I would call it Thai H. It is impossible to stop eating it. And this is anathema, but I didn't put any chicken in it. Just didn't feel like it. Heated up some chicken broth, threw in lemongrass, ginger, lime zest and juice, red chili flakes, a can of coconut milk. Simmered it for awhile and served it over some wild mushrooms (previously cooked) with a good amount of cilantro, lime juice, and a squeeze of lemon too. Wowzah! I ate a stupid amount of it in a little Japanese bowl with a traditional soup spoon. I wish I could share it all with you. But maybe you aren't as fond of these flavors as I am. Particularly cilantro - I am on a cilantro kick lately, putting it in everything and eating it plain. I did manage to save enough soup for another meal. Maybe I will put chicken or fish in it.

I need to go to the grocery store, yuck. Just doesn't seem appealing.

Comment

• Oh, and a patient asked me out - when he is better, natch. He is 42.

Comment

• Rant about grocery store:

Why does EVERYTHING have soy in it? Why is soy oil considered healthy? Or even okay? WTF?

There is a new abomination in the produce department. A reduced fat avocado. They call it a Slim-cado. DOUBLE WTF!?! What sicko would take one of the healthiest natural foods on the planet and eff with it? Especially removing the fat, which is a very healthy fat. Does anyone seriously think they are going to get thin by eating this frankenfood? (Sorry, getting a little carried away here.)

This happens all of the time. You know how you get those coupons when you check out? Well, at my grocery using them is a real adventure. The cashier won't take them at the beginning. You have to hand them to him/her at exactly the right time. If you wait until the end, they can't put it in because of computer vagaries. You would think that, knowing this, they would accept them at the beginning. Also, I am the customer. I am polite and respectful. I spend a lot of money there. Give a break here. Take the coupon. Even if I get all these things right, about half the time the computer won't scan it and it has to be put in manually. It's their own store coupon! And they always, always, always ask, "Did you buy these?" Again, WTF? What do they think I'm going to say? "Uh, no, I didn't, I gave that to you scam you out of 70 cents." Or I might actually say, "If you would have taken it from me at the beginning, you would have been able to ascertain that." Or hey, why doesn't the computer know? Doesn't seem like that hard to get a program to match coupons and products. Actually, at other stores I know that happens. What's up with my local grocery?

All right, enough.

Comment

• Rant about grocery store:

Why does EVERYTHING have soy in it? Why is soy oil considered healthy? Or even okay? WTF?

There is a new abomination in the produce department. A reduced fat avocado. They call it a Slim-cado. DOUBLE WTF!?! What sicko would take one of the healthiest natural foods on the planet and eff with it? Especially removing the fat, which is a very healthy fat. Does anyone seriously think they are going to get thin by eating this frankenfood? (Sorry, getting a little carried away here.)

This happens all of the time. You know how you get those coupons when you check out? Well, at my grocery using them is a real adventure. The cashier won't take them at the beginning. You have to hand them to him/her at exactly the right time. If you wait until the end, they can't put it in because of computer vagaries. You would think that, knowing this, they would accept them at the beginning. Also, I am the customer. I am polite and respectful. I spend a lot of money there. Give me a break here. Take the coupon. Even if I get all these things right, about half the time the computer won't scan it and it has to be put in manually. It's their own store coupon! And they always, always, always ask, "Did you buy these?" Again, WTF? What do they think I'm going to say? "Uh, no, I didn't, I gave that to you scam you out of 70 cents." Or I might actually say, "If you would have taken it from me at the beginning, you would have been able to ascertain that." Or hey, why doesn't the computer know? Doesn't seem like that hard to get a program to match coupons and products. Actually, at other stores I know that happens. What's up with my local grocery?

All right, enough.

Comment

• You might want to skip this post as it is about body stuff. As in smells, or lack of them. I went through a whole period of time where I was continually amazed that I don't smell anymore. My clothes don't smell either. Then I got used to it. I kind of forget to shower, although I wash regularly. Mostly I shower before and after swimming. I just realized that I have been wearing the same t-shirt for over 24 hours. I don't think I have ever done that in my life. I put it on yesterday, then put a long sleeve t-shirt over it, and a snap-front scrub top. When I got home this morning, I took off the two top layers but left the t-shirt on, slept in it, got up, put a sweater on, and started my day. But I'm not smelly, I swear I'm not.

Comment

Working...
                                X