No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don't live in that world anymore. Unfortunately. But I think things are starting to turn around. People are seeing what bad food is doing to us.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• In my family at least, learning to cook was a basic life skill, so basic it wasn't even talked about. It was a given that we all, including the boys, would know how to walk into a kitchen, find some ingredients and produce a meal. We all did this from a very young age, and given the size of my family (11 people at least) we had to cook large quantities. We went to a local hamburger place once a month or so during summer vacation, and we went out for ice cream fairly regularly. I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but by the time we older kids were in our early teens we took it in turns to cook dinner on weeknights, Dad cooked Friday night, Mom or Grandma did Sunday lunch, etc. I am pretty sure we each pridefully thought WE were the best cook.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        Hey! I've seen that tree in person.
        Yep, it's a famous tree. The Lone Cypress at Pebble Beach, maybe 250 years old, held up by cables now.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Well, I am having quite a problem. I have been fighting with a rash on my face for some time now. It waxes and wanes, has never gone away completely, but the last week has been particularly bad. It itches and burns. Probably time to see my doctor. I would have asked the ER doc last night to look at it, but we were all-out slamming busy. It occurred to me at some point that the substitutes I have been using instead of goat milk may be causing the breakout. I have been washing and rotating my makeup brushes, using disposables sponges, and I purchased all new makeup. However, I cannot rule out makeup as a cause.

The rash is from my nose to mouth, along each side on the crease. The left side is worse than the right. It is red with little tiny blisters.

Yeah, this is way TMI, but I need to get rid of this and I have to keep a record.

Comment

• So much is programmed into us during childhood. My parents were frugal, they had to be. Holidays were all in the UK and self-catered, we ate a lot of picnics. When we did go out for a meal, my mother had rules - it had to be a sit-down affair in a cafe or pub where home-cooked food was available *and* we never, ever ordered from the kiddie menu. Real food, always. It was presented as a treat (and it was) to order an adult meal rather than something that was served breaded and fried with chips'n'beans.

I have been to precisely one McDonalds, in Cherbourg...it was vile. I think there was a family bucket meal from KFC at a student house once or twice (did they really stick a tub of ice cream in with the hot food?).

My palate was never trained to like the crack-foods of modern manufacture. I drank wine before I drank coke, hell, I drank whiskey before I drank coke (though, arguably, this has caused more harm than good).

My weaknesses are Melton Mowbray pork pies, scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam and nutmeg-dusted egg custard tarts (and gin, obviously) all comfort foods from my childhood. There are worse things in life to crave. Let's just say, I have very solid plans for my extreme old age.
            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Ack on the rash! I remember a rash I got on my inner forearm when I was younger. I thought I'd stick it out, but I was scratching it in my sleep, so it was getting pretty bad. Finally to a doc. Some prednisone, and it was gone in two days. Fortunately, unlike antibiotics, I only had to take it until it made the rash go away.

Dang, I've posted two Pro-Doctor posts today. Someone's going to think I work for the AMA.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                My weaknesses are Melton Mowbray pork pies, scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam and nutmeg-dusted egg custard tarts (and gin, obviously) all comfort foods from my childhood.
                I love your list, but am a bit concerned that GIN was a comfort food from your childhood.......
                Female 55
                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                  I love your list, but am a bit concerned that GIN was a comfort food from your childhood.......
                  Indeed, as you should be. Actually, wine, vermouth-and-gin and whiskey-and-ginger-wine were from my childhood...I blame the great uncles.
                  I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                    Beautiful Photo

[ATTACH]16839[/ATTACH]

Monterey, California
                    That haze is fairly accurate and fairly constant.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• When I was a child, we were dosed with whisky, lemon juice, and honey all mixed up in a warm tonic. This was given for just about every ailment from a broken heart due to a lost toy through to the measles. I still like it, but not when I'm sick.

Comment

• Quote for Today

“Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft, and the only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor”
                        - Werner von Braun

Comment

• Tip for Today

To some extent we all seek validation from others. We want to feel smart, pretty, successful and so on. And the validation makes us feel good. But the problem with being dependent on validation from other people is that we let other people control how we feel. This creates a rollercoaster of emotion.

To find more emotional stability and to take control of how you feel you need to get your validation from to a more consistent source. Yourself. You can replace the expectations and validation of others by setting your own expectations and by validating yourself. Appreciate yourself and how far you have come and the positive things you have done. Appreciate your own value in the world, separate from your friends and loved ones.

Comment

• Beautiful Photo

Glacier National Park.jpg

Glacier National Park, Montana.

Is this a repeat? Well, it is worth repeating if it is.

Comment

• People Photo for Today

Pretty Ethiopean Girl

Cute girl.jpg

Comment

• Aaaah, she's a little beauty! A very primal existence they lead too!
                                Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                                Primal low: 186 lbs
                                Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                                Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

Working...
                                X