No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the primal dough and freezing. I make a giant batch and then freeze it in sections wrapped in cling wrap and inside a Ziploc. It freezes very well, no difference after baking at all. I just pull a roll of raw dough out and leave it in the fridge for a day or two and cook it up. Warning though - it really does dry out fast if you don't have it in an airproof covering! Awesome! And it makes fantastic pizza base!! We prefer it to the conventional base - so tasty! We make the cheese one and everyone loves it. I have made pizza for guests and they really have no idea they are eating something totally healthy (aside from lots of carbs that is!)
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
      I was thinking nut butter and wild honey sammies, deli cold cuts and havarti wraps, and many other things. Yes, I will make it into a pizza soon. No problem to eat the whole thing if you just roll out one individual sized crust...just sayin'.
      All that stuff would be great, done most of it! Including the whole pizza crust, which was theoretically supposed to be two or three meals...

Also, I have one of those silicone baking mats from the days when I made CW cookies - it works great if you happen to have one. As you have probably learned already, even if the uncooked dough is very sticky, it releases easily when it is cooked.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Coll View Post
        On the primal dough and freezing. I make a giant batch and then freeze it in sections wrapped in cling wrap and inside a Ziploc. It freezes very well, no difference after baking at all. I just pull a roll of raw dough out and leave it in the fridge for a day or two and cook it up. Warning though - it really does dry out fast if you don't have it in an airproof covering! Awesome! And it makes fantastic pizza base!! We prefer it to the conventional base - so tasty! We make the cheese one and everyone loves it. I have made pizza for guests and they really have no idea they are eating something totally healthy (aside from lots of carbs that is!)
        Yes, be sure to wrap it tightly. I double wrap it in cling film, then put it in a container I have that burps the air out.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Quote for Today

“Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.”
          ― Elbert Hubbard, The Roycroft Dictionary Concocted by Ali Baba and the Bunch on Rainy Days

Comment

• Tip for Today

If at all possible, get some sun every day, even for just a few minutes. Obviously this isn't possible much of the time due to weather, work, etc. But make an effort - it is important for your mood and for your health.

Comment

• Beautiful Photo for Today

Comment

• Animal Photo for Today

Speaks for itself!

Comment

• Historical Photos for Today

Indian chiefs who counciled with Gen. Miles and setteled [sic] the Indian War -- 1. Standing Bull, 2. Bear Who Looks Back Running [Stands and Looks Back], 3. Has the Big White Horse, 4. White Tail, 5. Liver [or Living] Bear, 6. Little Thunder, 7. Bull Dog, 8. High Hawk, 9. Lame, 10. Eagle Pipe. Posed group portrait of Lakota chiefs standing in front of tipi--probably on or near Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. 1891. Repository: Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540

Comment

• Can you share your recipe for the DD Chili?

thanks!
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion
                    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• This is DhansakDave's recipe:

Here's one of my staples;
                      1kg Beef mince
                      1 Bell pepper finely chopped
                      2 Tablespoons of tomato puree
                      1 Can of lager/beer/cider, etc
                      1 large onion finely chopped
                      5 or more garlic cloves - crushed.
                      2 Tins of tomatoes
                      Large bunch of coriander
                      1 Carrot, chopped
                      1 Teaspoon of ground coriander
                      1 teaspoon of ground cumin
                      Chilli powder or fresh chillies
                      2 Squares of dark chocolate
                      Oil
                      Salt & pepper

Place the tomatoes, garlic most of the coriander, tomato puree, carrot, ground coriander, ground cumin, chocolate, chilli powder or fresh chillies (to taste), salt & pepper into a blender and blend until smooth.
                      Fry off the mince in a little oil until brown.
                      Put the mince to one side and then fry off the onion and pepper until soft.
                      Return the mince to the pan and add the blended ingredients.
                      Add the lager/beer/cider etc and simmer for at least 1 hour
                      After an hour check the seasoning and add more salt, pepper & chilli(es) if needed.
                      Let the chilli cool and leave overnight.
                      The next day heat the chilli mixture through.
                      Serve with rice, refried beans, etc.

I recommend following the recipe the first time and then tinkering with it to your liking. Do NOT leave out the chocolate. It's magic. Also lager or cider is a must. It will just be ordinary without it.

Comment

• OH - bummer it has chocolate - my tummy doesn't like chocolate. Thanks for posting for me anyway.
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Yeah, without the chocolate it isn't as good. I forgot to put the chocolate in once and I couldn't figure out why it was so blah.

Comment

• My old phone is dying a natural and unnatural death at the same time - MetroPCS is switching systems and already I can't make voice calls. It was supposed to last until the end of the month. The phone, however, is ancient, the battery doesn't hold a charge, the camera doesn't work. So I walked into U.S. Cellular and got a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. It will come tomorrow. So I have joined the Smart Phone Dark Side. So weird. Anyway, I will have a camera now and can post selfies all the time. I bet you all can't wait! Also prepare for cat pictures. Probably birds.

Comment

• Very cool about your new phone.. You'll have such fun playing with it.

Re: odd foods with chocolate - while we floated around in the Atlantic with 4 other couples in May, one guy wowed us with so many food combos we'd never tried. My fave was red chilies dipped in dark chocolate sprinkled with cinnamon. Iced shot glasses of full fat milk standing by.

Comment

• Please go to this for me and send me the catalogue Intimate apparel: a history of lingerie
                                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Working...
                                X