Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
    Quote for Today

"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.”
    -Marcus Aurelius
    This is what I am working on right now. I need to stop seeking happiness and fulfillment outside of myself. That just leads to grief. Wish I were better at changing my way of thinking.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      This is what I am working on right now. I need to stop seeking happiness and fulfillment outside of myself. That just leads to grief. Wish I were better at changing my way of thinking.
      I do the same, I'm working on it. Although I am actually very happy and have a great life, I can't help comparing myself with others. I live, compared to most, an alternate lifestyle, and I find myself being a perennial outsider. I find myself on the defensive too often - I don't have to answer to anyone or fit into anyone's box. I need to bring the happiness I feel when I am alone with me to the outside world.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Beautiful Pic Today

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Sounds like K is a bit of a fake friend --- or just a bad friend. I try not to talk badly about people unless I have a really good reason not to like them (hubby's ex-wife) -- I certainly don't get the trash talk and then wanting to socialize with them. That's sorta weird.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Love horses. Used to teach jumping and show others horses when I was 12-15.
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
              Why did I eat so much chili? I'm going to be sick!
              Because its the king of foods....but a good curry runs it close!

Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
              Historical Photo of the Day

Union prisoners receive rations at Fort Sumter in 1864.

(Pebbles likes historical photos and so do I, so there will be a few here as long as I can find some good ones.)
              Seen some amazing photos of the civil war prisons and the conditions were unbelievable, but I still find them captivating.

Originally posted by tomi View Post
              Sounds like K is a bit of a fake friend --- or just a bad friend. I try not to talk badly about people unless I have a really good reason not to like them (hubby's ex-wife) -- I certainly don't get the trash talk and then wanting to socialize with them. That's sorta weird.
              ^This, if your not friends with them at work, not sure how you can be in your spare time!

Comment

• I have the kind of sensibility that runs more to black and white - I like you and want to be around you or I don't. Work or no work. Unless it is one of those 'required' social events that sometimes crop up, I won't be inviting unliked work people around for a drink. Perhaps K's way is better - he is certainly more popular than I am.

And yeah, chili is pretty much Nature's Perfect Food. When I was making it, I was thinking about what a good way it is to eat veg. Love those one-pot meals. I've got some shrimp, that's going to get cooked into a curry.

Woke up really early this morning, full of energy. Didn't sleep a lot last night, but I didn't need to after getting a long day in the sack. Went to party for chorus, an annual event after we finish our spring performance. It was a lot of fun. It didn't expect it to be, thought it would be quite dull, but I had a long and interesting conversation about geothermal energy and green building techniques with the host's husband. Also had a chance to speak at some length with our director, which I normally don't get much opportunity to do. Funny, she is so confident and strong in front of the podium, but away from there she is a normal woman with all the insecurities and foibles we all seem to have. Nice to see that more human, approachable side of her.

Despite not being able to do TRX regularly due to scheduling conflicts and my sore heel, I realized I have gained some knowledge and can so some pretty effective exercises on my own. Put a cushion on a low wide stool that I have and did some hip presses and planks. Got out my weights and did some upper body stuff. Also some sun salutations to warm up, which are pretty good bodyweight exercises in themselves. Thinking about doing a cycling class this morning. There is an easy one that I have taken once. I want to stick to my resolution to take one class a week no matter what, although I have to admit I don't want to take the dance classes. Also will swim after the cycling. It is raining today, there will be no actual road cycling unless it clears up. And whoa, the glutes are barking! Even the short spin I went on Monday was enough to get things going!

Comment

• Quote for Today

“Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
                  - Marcel Proust

Comment

• Tip for Today

Does everything have to be perfect before you are happy? Then happiness will not be easy to find. Go for good enough. Aiming for perfection usually winds up in a project or something else never being finished. So go for good enough instead. Don’t use it as an excuse to slack off. But simply realize that there is something called good enough and when you are there then you are finished with whatever you are doing.

Comment

• Historical Photo for Today

The rather luxurious seating area of the submarine, The Protector, in 1902.

Comment

• Beautiful Photo for Today

Taiwan Blue Magpie

Comment

• Today's Panties

I was worried about the lace on these, but they are unbelievably soft and comfortable:

This is NOT me. It's a pic from the Soma website.
                          Last edited by Siobhan; 05-14-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Had a great morning! Practiced putting my bike in the truck of my car - it's a breeze. Just fold down the seats and in it goes. Took it out, put the wheel back on and went for a short spin to make sure it is all copacetic. I'm getting good at this! I will probably take it to work this weekend and show Bike Guy. He is very interested in all things bike.

Had a small breakfast and went to Y for a spinning class. This one is designed to be easy, but I made it a bit harder because I felt good. I really like the instructor. He is friendly and helpful without being overbearing. Then I swam, sauna and long hot shower. Went to the farm for eggs and got lots of green and bluish ones. I know, they taste the same but I love those colors. So I'm back to petting chickens for fun! Came home and had chili with eggs. YUM.

Getting my eyes checked this PM. Wish my eyes were better. That is one thing being primal hasn't helped.

Comment

• I have a question for you/ favor to ask. (please?) I was wondering if you could post what recipe you use to make Kombucha? The one I found does not work that well, and not matter how long I do the second brewing stage, I never get any bubbles. I would love to try yours as I remember you saying yours comes out good. Thanks in advance for your help!

Ps: I think your approach is better than Kevin's. I am the same way. I would MUCH rather be real than to fake that I like someone. I can be professional friendly at work, but I am certainly not going to volunteer to socialize with people I don't like! I have a feeling he is that way due to some of his own personal issues (how he was raised to behave, fear of being unliked/rejected by people even ones he doesn't like, etc).

Pps: I would make that a YET, Primal hasn't helped your eyes YET. I believe that our bodies are designed to heal us of any problems etc if we provider optimal environment for that healing to take place.
                              Last edited by Wendy717; 05-14-2014, 10:29 AM.
                              This is my journal page!
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• Originally posted by Wendy717 View Post
                                Pps: I would make that a YET, Primal hasn't helped your eyes YET. I believe that our bodies are designed to heal us of any problems etc if we provider optimal environment for that healing to take place.
                                well put! I need that tattooed on the back of my hand so I read it multiple times a day.
                                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion
                                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Working...
                                X