Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick scanties check:
    Blue top, blue jeans, purple bra, beige panties.
    No match, go back to start.

Comment

• I'm glad your heel is settling down! I went through a period of time where I only wore matching scants. Nowadays I am just happy if they fit and are not nasty. Maybe one day I'll be able to enjoy my underwear again ... guess I should make an effort huh!? Enjoy those pretty scants ... definitely feel good stuff.
      Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
      Primal low: 186 lbs
      Current weight: 221.4 lbs
      Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Heel is much better, although still a way to go. I am relieved it is improving steadily.

Well, fell headfirst into a box of chocolates and not the good kind either. I am a complete sucker for those boxes with a guide to what is inside. (Hanging head in shame.) I ate a LOT of them. Okay, done and done, time to move on!

The big news is that I got my bike today and it is fantastic! After goofing around with a mountain bike for a few years, it is like having a Ferrari. So light, so easy. Although riding it has a bit of a learning curve! The shifting is old school, as are the brakes, although they work perfectly. And now I have to get lots of other things - this is one of those hobbies that is kind of a money sink. Shoes, pedals, gloves, and a rack for my car are all on the list.

I am so lucky, though - saw my friend last night at work and asked her if I could borrow her bike rack if it would fit on my car. Turned out she was going right by the bike shop today. She dropped it off. I heard her pull up, I was so excited I ran outside in my pajamas. Due to all this excitement I am quite tired tonight, but I am so glad to have the bike and so fortunate that she was able to deliver it to me. What a stroke of luck! It is so cool and now it looks brand new, all shined and polished and with a comfortable seat and handlebars that suit me well. It seems to fit perfectly, although I am not schooled in these matters.
        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Feeling a bit sick, undoubtedly because of the chocolates! Way too many! Yuck. Maybe it will cure me of wanting any for awhile. (Fat chance)

Today I sailed through my morning rounds with no problem - yesterday I couldn't get anything done to save my life. Funny how different things are from day to day. My co-workers will be happier with me this morning. Actually they are usually pretty happy with me regardless (which is not to say they like me or act pleasantly towards me) because I am very reliable and I show up all of the time. Most of this life is just showing up, as Woody Allen famously said, and that is certainly true when you are the sole night shift respiratory therapist at a small hospital with no call or backup!

Going to hear Purcell's Fairy Queen this afternoon. A soloist I have the honor of performing with in the past is singing. I am looking forward to being bathed in beautiful sound. Also of enjoying the companionship of the friend I am going with. (A woman friend)

Called my DJ friend during his show last night. He is very sad about my non-existent love life.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I am so happy to report my heel is much, much better. Still need another 10%.

Had a good time at the semi-opera. Interesting choice of program! The director of this is also the director of my chorus. She is so brave.

Feeling pretty darn bloated today! Think it is because of the bad choco binge? That gets my vote! But today eating is all clean with lots of green leafy things.

Tired though! Only three hours of sleep.

Comment

• Am having some very weird dreams lately, must lay off the magnesium for a couple of nights! Not bad dreams at all, just really bizarre vivid ones.

Comment

• Oh god I had a crazy dream last night. I don't wake up/remember them often but when I do... We're being rescued from drug cartels using the most useless program at work...

Comment

• That's the same dream I had!

Comment

• Tip for Today

Mark Twain -

Release yourself from entitlement.

“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”

When you are young your mom and dad may give a lot of things. As you grow older you may have a sort of entitlement. You may feel like the world should just give you what you want or that it owes you something.

This belief can cause a lot of anger and frustration in your life. Because the world may not give you what expect it to. On the other hand, this can be liberating too. You realize that it is up to you to shape your own life and for you to work towards what you want. You are not a kid anymore, waiting for your parents or the world to give you something.

You are in the driver’s seat now. And you can go pretty much wherever you want.

Comment

• Pic for Today

Albert Einstein brings sexy back in 1932.

Comment

• Random thoughts:

The heavy-duty squirrel-proof birdfeeder is the most successful purchase of recent memory. The pleasure I get from it, the entertainment the cats get from it, the interest shown by the neighbors, the approval of the landlord, and not least the beautiful songbirds that are getting nutritious food (sunflower seeds) during nesting season has all added to a big WORTH IT.

Looking back over the last few months, I can see how getting one big thing in order led to getting lots of things in order, legal things, financial things, mundate household things. It was a cascade effect, or possibly something clicked in my brain. Having things in better order, from my taxes to my DVDs, has greatly reduced stress and opened up possibilities.

Well, I have a bike to ride and some housework to do, I'm off!

Comment

• Funny how today 1 hour 15 minutes of housework resulted in a company-clean home. Floors all swiffered, everything put away, dusted. Furniture redraped with clean drapes (pet protection). Plants watered and trimmed. Microwave cleaned and moved to a more convenient location. Both beds stripped and remade with clean sheets. Couple loads of laundry done. Also during this time cooked and ate two scrambled eggs with paleo bread and washed dishes. In the olden days this amount of time would have barely made a dent in the debris. Oh, there is still plenty to do. The bathroom needs some attention. The felines, as always, need brushing. And there is a corner of the kitchen needed organizing/rearranging. Also I need to sweep the sand out of the garage (a spring chore). But hey, if someone dropped by I would not be embarrassed to ask them in and I think they would accept a refreshing beverage without wondering if they were risking ptomaine.

Comment

• Want to come by my house..........
                            Female 55
                            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Hey, a new business opportunity! Too hard for me, I'm afraid. Housework is grueling.

Just took my new bike out for a spin. OMG what a difference from my poky old mountain bike. It's like changing from a Honda Civic to a Ferrari. It's so damn fast, even when I am trying to go slowly, it is so damn fast! Lots of things to get used to all at once. The shifting is complicated, although the derailleur works perfectly, there is a bit of a learning curve here. The brakes in a different place, the stance on the bike completely strange. Doesn't help that my road is very, very hilly with no flat spots at all. The pedals still need to be replaced, it has old cracked leather cages, but that was the least of my problems. I didn't go far, but I will admit I found it pretty stressful. When I got home I felt a little sick, a bit like throwing up. Despite this it was really fun and I want to learn all about my new bike and become proficient. I want to put this down honestly so that in the future I can look back and see the progress I've made.

I am also extremely happy to report that my heel is 98% better, just a tiny twinge here and there. I am walking around barefoot at home, my feet hit the floor this morning with no problem at all. I had been up for awhile before I remembered that I had a heel issue. So HAPPY! I am going to skip TRX today though, I don't think it is a good idea while I have any pain at all. In fact I think it would be stupid. I will swim later on.

Comment

• So glad to hear that your heel is better! I am also totally jealous of your bike! I really want to get a good bike and do some street riding. I acutally have the money saved, but what holds me back right now is the heat here. We are well into the 90's and low 100's now, and it won't get back below 90 until October. Maybe I should wait until then to get one? IDK What a great way to get exercise though. Hills let you get the hear rate up, like sprints, and then you can get lots of slow exercise in between hills. So very primal friendly!! I wonder if I can find a good one used..... Thanks for the inspiration!
                                This is my journal page!
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X