Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Meant2Move View Post
    Maybe it's because I don't have any breasts to speak of (thank you genetics and low body fat) but I can't get very interested in the bra part of a matched set, but I do enjoy pretty panties. I'm with badgergirl on the icky-ness of sex specific undies, better to have pretty/sexy stuff for everyday.
    This site is possibly meant for you - recent discovery on my part: Of Lambs and Lace
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Why thank you, Meant2Move! My cats have iPods also. They especially like 'Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty' and anything by F(a)uré. Also a neopunk band called 'Jaws Paws Teeth and Claws.' They are very eclectic.

You naked sleepers are all crazy. I tried to sleep in the altogether last night and woke up freezing. Took me ages to get warmed up and back to sleep. Other than that, I slept great.

So far heel is pretty good - better than yesterday. I am not foolish enough to go back to TRX class yet. I'm going to swim. I have to work tonight and tomorrow night and may spend it clumping around in a boot. I am cautiously happy that it is not plantar fascitis - it doesn't behave like PF and I can pinpoint the sore place very precisely. Hopefully there is just a bit of inflammation there and it will go away and all will be well.

Probably belaboring this point, but I'm a little obsessed (who, me?) with the connection between self-esteem and dressing well all the way to the skin. Of course one can be supremely egotistical and look like a homeless person (cue my landlord) but for me the connection between the care I take in my appearance and my own confidence are linked at a basic level. I don't mean spending tons of money or hours every day, but just taking some interest for my own sake and not because of how I appear to others. Maybe this is a female thing, we who fall prey to those societal expectations.
      Last edited by Siobhan; 05-02-2014, 06:54 AM.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Tip for Today

Continuing the Mark Twain series:

Let go of anger.

“Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”

Anger is most of the time pretty pointless. It can cause situations to get out of hand. And from a selfish perspective it often more hurtful for the one being angry then the person s/he’s angry at.

So even if you feel angry at someone for days recognize that you are mostly just hurting yourself. The other person may not even be aware that you are angry at him or her. So either talking to the person and resolving the conflict or letting go of anger as quickly as possible are pretty good tips to make your life more pleasurable.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Photo for Today

This is Betty White, at home with her dog in 1952.

Comment

• Another Photo Today

This not-so-little lady was at Landlord's bird feeder this morning:

Comment

• I love the wild turkey families that wander my neighborhood.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm not a big fan of naked, but as with pretty panties, pretty nightgowns are to be relished and enjoyed.
                M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Thanks for the anger quote, I like it. I do my best to get rid of anger as soon as possible. I tell myself I don't want to give the other person that much control over how I feel.
                  This is my journal page!
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• Originally posted by Wendy717 View Post
                    Thanks for the anger quote, I like it. I do my best to get rid of anger as soon as possible. I tell myself I don't want to give the other person that much control over how I feel.
                    I am trying very hard to learn this lesson! I should probably read this every day for a month!

Comment

• Originally posted by Meant2Move View Post
                      I'm not a big fan of naked, but as with pretty panties, pretty nightgowns are to be relished and enjoyed.
                      I like to look at pretty nightgowns but I can't wear them. They get all twisted around. It's an ugly scene. I'm a pj bottoms and some kinda tee shirt girl. Not very sexy. But I can't sleep any other way!

Comment

• I can relate. My sleepwear is cotton loose shorts and a tank top. It's the only thing I am comfortable in.
                        This is my journal page!
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• Already Pretty | Where style meets body image

Re connection between self care/appearance and mental health. I think it is a two-way street in that if I am teetering and I notice, and I have the energy/discipline to catch it, I can improve my mental health by taking time to fake-it-till-I-make-it with my appearance. So, feeling crappy = extra time on make up and wearing my best clothes until I don't have to fake it anymore. The blog above has some interesting articles on the intersections between body image, self care, feminism and style...it's also where I got the lambs and lace tipoff!
                          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Nice knickers on the way! Personally, I'm rather leery about ordering bras without trying on, unless I already know how the brand fits. But if you can return, nothing lost.

I'm impressed by your continued sorting, tidying and cleaning. Not quite up the the point where I'm particularly motivated to do the same, but the idea is there. Problem here, is when I do get stuff sorted and cleaned, the rest of the family doesn't help maintain it, so it seems like a futile effort sometimes. No matter how many times I properly arrange the pantry and cupboards, man and manchildren just dump stuff wherever they see fit. Which usually doesn't make sense at all. I mean, can't people just return things to the spot they got them from??
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I always wear 36D no matter what. With me the big question is will my generously sized melons spill out of the top? I need the full coverage. And no, it isn't sexy when I'm not contained. It just looks weird. But they have a good return policy. I'm pretty used to getting everything in the mail, any kind of speciality shop is generally at least an hour's drive.

Got a really delicious drink at the co-op - it's called Live Kombucha Soda. I got rootbeer. Let me tell you, it really hit the spot. I will be purchasing again!

Here I am at work. Had a large meal of chicken with masala sauce, very large bowl of leafy greens with walnut oil and vinegar, pecans, strawberries, and the kombucha soda. Really good! I overdid it a bit, though.

We have our health assessments coming up for insurance. It is $600 a year cheaper if I pass, plus they will give me $250 in my health account. I am sure I will pass, but I can't help but wonder about people who don't. Yikes! Also, it is an additional $1200 per year if you are a smoker. So a smoker is missing out on $1850 per year. Add that to the cost of cigs, and hey, you could buy a pretty nice car.

Heel is definitely coming along well. Have made some progress, which is encouraging.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                                Already Pretty | Where style meets body image

Re connection between self care/appearance and mental health. I think it is a two-way street in that if I am teetering and I notice, and I have the energy/discipline to catch it, I can improve my mental health by taking time to fake-it-till-I-make-it with my appearance. So, feeling crappy = extra time on make up and wearing my best clothes until I don't have to fake it anymore. The blog above has some interesting articles on the intersections between body image, self care, feminism and style...it's also where I got the lambs and lace tipoff!
                                Argh, the internet filter here at work is blocking me... will have to wait until I get home. So annoying.

Comment

Working...
                                X