No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some time back, I had a mass of tiny bumps along the hairline of my face and cheek bones. You couldn't see them but I could feel them. I went to dermie and she said wash my blush brush, it holds bacteria and will cause breakouts like that. I had been sudsing them all up every now and then, but not often enough.

Comment

• Judy....you may have nailed it...
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
        Judy....you may have nailed it...
        And not in a joanie journal way...
        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Alas, if only that kind of nailing was occurring!

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• So funny

Comment

• Video for Today

Lots of hermit thrush around here too. Maybe even prettier song than the wood thrush -

Comment

• Today's vid is driving the felines insane.

Well, all brushes are washed and dried, everything sponge-like has been tossed and new ones purchased. I have high hopes that my "What rash?" will soon be history.

After a long stretch of very clean eating, I fell off the wagon in a huge way the last two days. Wednesday night I not only had TWO gluten-free pastry things, I had a lentil burger. Why on earth would I eat such a thing? I got tricked into it. Someone asked if I wanted a burger, it looked great, no bun for me of course. So I was handed a burger on a plate smothered in a very appetizing looking red sauce. I took a bite and it turned out to be made from lentils. Yucko. I did eat it with good grace at this point, did not make any comments. The sauce was in fact very good, but it didn't make up for the lentils.

Then last night I had popcorn popped in canola oil at the movie theater. I rounded out my carb-o-holic supper by having two chocolate egg things they were giving away.

One thing about falling so far off track is that it makes me very happy to get clean again, unlike other problematic diet/lifestyle changes I have made in the past. Today is dedicated to MEAT. And bone broth. And some kind of green leaves.

Final dress rehearsal tonight and two concerts this weekend. WOOT! Love it!

This week I have definitely fallen off the exercise wagon, kind of on purpose. It is break week, the gym is full of kids, the classes aren't being held, the locker room is disgusting. But today is stunningly beautiful so a hike is in order.

Comment

• Quote for Today

“The concept of loyalty is distorted when it is understood to mean blind acceptance. It is correctly interpreted when it is assumed to cover honest criticism.” - Dag Hammarskjöld

Comment

• Pic for Today

Another jacaranda tree. Just because.

Comment

• This weird anecdote just popped into my head. I have mentioned from time to time that I was a flight attendant for a couple of decades. Flew all over the world. It was great. People often ask if I ever saw celebrities - well, yeah. All of the time. New York, Los Angeles, and London -get on any flight between those cities and you will see actors, famous people of all sorts. I saw Jodie Foster a couple of times, this was before she came out. I remember it well because it was a little unusual. She and I are very similar in body type and just about the same height. She was standing at the front of the plane and we looked each other up and down. Finally I said, "I think we could wear each other's clothes!" She said, "I was thinking the same." We laughed and chatted a bit.

I saw her again on the plane a couple of weeks later. She remembered me right away and this time she gave me a card and asked if I was interested in working as a body double. If you are familiar with this sort of work, it is quite lucrative but extremely boring and a real dead end. Big stars need people who are similar in appearance to be on set, work with wardrobe, etc. so they don't have to. Obviously their time is very valuable. I had no intention of leaving the airline for such work, but I called the number out of curiosity. The office was all hot to set up a meeting and whatnot, but I didn't pursue it. I always wonder, though.

Comment

• Last night was a magnesium night. I can't put it on my feet every night because it is too drying. But when I do I am virtually guaranteed vivid dreams. Last night was a little two vivid as I dreamed large insects were taking over my home. The more I fought them, the bigger they got. Strange as this may sound, it wasn't a bad dream. Just yucky. When I woke up, the door to my attic was open. It's right over my bed, high up on the wall. Hmmm.
                        Last edited by Siobhan; 04-25-2014, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• I don't like the sound of that dream - yuck!!! I have come up with a different routine for my magnesium that is not so drying. I put it on my legs first thing in the morning when I get up and putz around for a little while doing my early morning routine. THen I wash it off and put on moisturizing lotion. My feet are too close to cracking all the time - no magnesium for them! Fun about the celebrity body double - does make you wonder where you'd be now and how things would be different. But, you are doing something so worthwhile now - helping people in extremis. Very different from the other option!!!
                          Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                          Primal low: 186 lbs
                          Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                          Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• We had jacarandas in the area where I grew up - whole avenues of them. You could google Pietermaritzburg jacarandas and there are plenty pics. We used to say that if you hadn't started studying for exams by the time the jacarandas bloomed you were not in good shape Just a note, those blooms make the road and walkway VERY slippery
                            Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                            Primal low: 186 lbs
                            Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                            Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I have to try that - I don't like drying out my feet. Cuz I'm, well, kinda vain. I like my feet to look nice. Yeah, I have nice feet.

I guess I like jacaranda trees even more when I don't have to clean up after them.

Had a large breakfast of many scrambled eggs.

TMI Mush warning here:

It has taken me awhile but I have finally taught Oboe the human custom of kissing. And not in a gross way! (So many gutter minds...) I kiss all of my animals, and sometimes other people's animals, on the top of their heads. This isn't natural for cats, who generally don't like anything around their faces. But they take to it quite readily. I was trying to explain this to an anti-animal person, who said I was probably torturing them and how did I know they like it? Slim Cat was sitting on my desk at the time, and I leaned over to him - he raised his face up to me, not unlike what a human being does. I planted one on him and he started to purr. My point was made.
                              Last edited by Siobhan; 04-25-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• I have slept so much better since spraying magnesium oil on the bottoms of my feet, rubbing one foot against the other until it's all absorbed.. Your recommendation, sweet life coach. Before I get out of bed in the morning, I rub each foot all over with O'Keeffe's Healthy Feet Cream, they stay smooth as silk. I also take a magnesium tablet, 200 mg, along with a vitamin K2, 45 mcg around 6pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X