No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earache update: (fascinating stuff!) I lay on the bad side and slept for awhile. Feel much better and ear seems to be more clear. Thinking a hot shower might fix things up also.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Very boring rant against CW medical care follows. Also TMI warning.

So I went to the gynecologist yesterday. It was uneventful. I am very healthy with no warning signs or symptoms at all. They scheduled a mammogram (I have only had one previously, about six years ago) and asked me to get the previous records. Knowing this would be difficult, I tackled the internet, finding out basically nothing. The office where I had the imaging done has moved and been reorganized, etc. etc. I know the records exist, but where? The medical records office wants $5 just to talk to me. I can, however, communicate by fax for free. Huh? Doesn't it take longer to respond to a fax...oh, never mind. I am going to print some forms off their website and send them off. Probably a waste of time, but I have to make an effort.

Then I tackled the fecal sample thing. TMI here. It is simple enough, although gross. You shit on a piece of paper, dabble the little tool in it and put it in a little flask and send it off. Trouble is, there is no ID whatsoever. I have no requisition form, nothing. I called the lab and they told me they need this. So I call the doctor's office and they never heard of me. I was there yesterday. Some confusion ensued. They called me back and admitted that I do exist and that I was there yesterday, indeed was examined by a doctor but no stool sample was ordered. So, I asked, why did the doctor hand me a package for analysis of a stool sample? Where and why would I obtain such a thing otherwise? More confusion ensued. They called me back again and told me to just write my name and birthdate on the sample, put it in the envelope and send it. I told them the lab said that in fact I need a requisition form with a doctor's order. They can't process it otherwise. She said that is not so, just send it. So that is what I did, enclosing a paper with my info and the doctor info. Personally I don't give a rat's ass.

Then I discovered the sample paper had clogged my toilet despite their claim that it dissolves, etc. So some fun ensued with a plumber's helper. Yeah. I hate healthcare.

Okay, I'm being a jerk. I mean, all this preventative stuff is completely covered by my insurance, which I am lucky to have. I am especially lucky to be healthy and not have problems that need attention. This is all just White Whine stuff. First World Problems. But why does everything have to be effed up all of the time?

Comment

• Is it bad that I found your recap on this adventure somewhat amusing? You are just that good a writer.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Our favorite saying when things go sideways.......... "It's always an adventure!"
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
              Is it bad that I found your recap on this adventure somewhat amusing? You are just that good a writer.
              Thank you! Now that I read it over, it is kinda funny!

Comment

• Thanks for the quote and pic!
                Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                CW: 10-11-16: 144
                GW: 130 a dream, I know
                Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Siobhan, you have been going through all kinds of stuff since I was last on your journal! Bummed that the K thing didn't work out, but I totally agree that it is better to call it quits early. A second date blown off - nope. Will hold thumbs for you that something will turn up in good time. I loved the photo of the little boy with the incredible eyes!!!!!!! One of those pictures that seems to transport one to another place ....
                  Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                  Primal low: 186 lbs
                  Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                  Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• My last thoughts on K - despite the way things turned out, I'm okay with it. Just one of those things that had to happen. If I had never gone out with him, I would always wonder if I had missed out on something great. Also I discovered that my libido is alive and well, which makes me very happy.

Good news - the bike coalition called me and they have accepted my volunteer application and I have my choice of assignments. Woot! I am very excited! We are setting up a time next week to talk at length. Maybe I am going overboard (What? Me?) but I feel like a door is opening here.

Also I am going to look into permaculture groups. Ex has been going to meetings and he loves it. At the last meeting they castrated piglets! Yikes!

Comment

• I am sad to report this rash thing has reappeared at the corner of my nose. I seriously want to get rid of it. I am wondering if it is environmental rather than something I am eating. Thinking analytically about what it could be. I haven't added anything new to my hygiene/cosmetic routine. (The soap I posted about came after the rash.)

Sitting here eating bone broth with turkey. Can someone point me towards some good gelatin that I can purchase? My bone broth tastes good, but it is not gelatin-y enough. I looked for some at the co-op, but they only have VEGAN gelatin. WTH? Should I just get Knox gelatin?

Great Lakes gelatin? Is that the bomb?
                      Last edited by Siobhan; 04-23-2014, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• The first dress rehearsal for our concert was last night. Exhausting and challenging but a lot of fun. I love doing things that require complete concentration. I have never sung in this particular church and it was very different, pretty good acoustics but very bright. Good for sopranos unless you are trying to be dark and creepy (sopranos are rarely called upon to sound dark and creepy). For some reason I was singing very well, after months of rehearsal that frequently didn't go all that well for me. I don't know why, but I'm going with it. I am laying off swimming this week. I don't think chlorine does any favors for my voice. The sauna definitely doesn't.

I wish you all could come, even though most of you would find it quite boring.

Comment

• I use this gelatin Amazon.com : Great Lakes Unflavored Gelatin, Kosher, 16-Ounce Can (Pack of 2) : Cooking And Baking Gelatin Mixes : Grocery & Gourmet Food
                          Female 55
                          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Funny how the Amazon page also gives me jello molds! I guess it follows, but still I find it amusing. I ordered up some, and I bought a packet of Knox to practice with. Would you believe I have never made gelatin? It's true.

Comment

• I got the first season of Big Bang Theory from the library (free! love that price!) and I have been trying to decide who I am most like. I have a sneaking suspicion it is Sheldon, without the genius of course. Although I see myself in just about all of them! Probably why I think it is so funny and like it so much. I have been taking great care not to aspirate again. In fact I have been watching it standing up. Okay, I'm over the top now. Sheldon it is.

Comment

• Is there any chance the rash is caused from poison ivy? or some other noxious plant life? Maybe in gathering wood you rubbed your nose with your gloved hand?? Its odd that it is only in one area. What have you tried to put on it to make it clear up?

I love Big Bang!! I don't see myself in any of the characters.
                                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion
                                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Working...
                                X