X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
    May you have a peaceful night......
    Let's hope!

Tomorrow is my movie date with K. I just heard my phone chime and checked it with great dread...but it was a text from K saying have a great night and can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Am starting to think it is good that things worked out the way they did. Torrid love affairs are exciting and all, but maybe just keeping things on an even keel is better in the long run.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Still think you need to lay your expectations out there for him.......
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Yeah, I've been trying to think of how to put it in a non-threatening way. Because I am pretty sure you ladies are right and he is completely clueless. I, on the other hand, have boatloads of clues.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• When they are clueless, you basically have to just lay it out there. I'm expecting or I need XYZ. Can you deal with that K?
          Female 55

Comment

• +1
            link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Okay, I'm gonna share this since I've shared every other detail of this gruesome non-relationship thing. I am totally not excited about seeing K tomorrow. My desire for him has vanished. Will it come back? I've been here at work, doing stuff, and off and on I remember we're going out and I'm like, meh. I was suddenly very glad that no one knows we have been going out. I am, however, looking forward to seeing the film, which is that Liam Neeson thing on the airplane. I think it sounds most amusing.

Got really hungry and ate some chicken and salad. Having a large mug of tea. Earlier I had quite an indulgence. At the food co-op I purchased some cream cheese with figs and almonds, also various spices. Ate a large amount of it with rice crackers. Mmmm mmmm mmmm that was something -

Comment

• Okay, updated to-do list:

1. Get a tent
                2. Get a bike rack
                3. Make gyn appt
                4. Make mammo appt
                5. Make appt to get car aligned and door fixed
                6. Get some sunlight
                7. Be happy

Comment

• Hi Siobhan
                  Your Easter treat sounds lush. Thanks for sharing your 'to-do' list - I love tent shopping, hope that's fun for you. Nos 6 & 7 *like*
                  Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air
                  Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal: Vibrant Life

Comment

• See how meeting goes with K. Enjoy the film. Then decide if you want more.

Happy Easter.
                    Female 55

Comment

• Happy Easter! Mine is going well. My co-worker came in early and I made it to sunrise service, albeit a little late. But it was a lovely, lovely morning and we watched a beautiful sunrise over the Atlantic with seabirds and waves and rocks. I sang the hymns quite loudly as this encourages others to sing and had quite a nice chorus going. Slept very well and now I'm up and will start getting ready soon...or at least moving in that direction.

Cats are still playing with, gnawing on, and generally waving about the palms from last week. Best cat toys ever!

Hey, I am free until Wednesday night! YAHOO! I have the first dress rehearsal on Tuesday night but I am not working Monday night as I often do. I feel so free!

Comment

• Maybe you've gone into cautious protective mode with K?? The heart does weird things to keep from being hurt. I hope your time with him is comfortable and enjoyable. I also hope you are able to have a good talk and come to a better understanding of each others desires and expectations for this relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Hi siobhan

I am still reading and lurking and find your journal style easy going and informative.

Please can I ask you about resistant starch? Did I read that you now include rice and it really helps with carb cravings? I have been 'trying' to eat healthfully in this paleo lifestyle for over 5 years and gave great determination but seem to fall down with carbs, but mainly sugar type.

I have eliminated 99% of wheat and grains! increased my fat intake and got heavier. Mainly I think due to the relatively regular intake is sugar. This starts with small amounts of 70% dark choc occasionally and builds to 100g +++ a day of anything plus cakes/ biscuits and sweets. Then I get cross and start again.

My daily routine is light of most carbs apart from strawberries just now 100g ish a day, heavy it's on protein, eggs, chicken, lamb, bacon etc, and probably too much coconut cream/milk. Although no more coconut cream/milk just now. Use of protein shakes when I go to gym.

I would dearly love to find a routine addition that helped with the Sugar cravings and wonder if I included more carbs in the form of resistant starch it would help? Ps I do eat greens, peppers, salad stuff too.

Thanks a bunch

Jan

Comment

• Originally posted by Jant View Post
                            Hi siobhan

I am still reading and lurking and find your journal style easy going and informative.

Please can I ask you about resistant starch? Did I read that you now include rice and it really helps with carb cravings? I have been 'trying' to eat healthfully in this paleo lifestyle for over 5 years and gave great determination but seem to fall down with carbs, but mainly sugar type.

I have eliminated 99% of wheat and grains! increased my fat intake and got heavier. Mainly I think due to the relatively regular intake is sugar. This starts with small amounts of 70% dark choc occasionally and builds to 100g +++ a day of anything plus cakes/ biscuits and sweets. Then I get cross and start again.

My daily routine is light of most carbs apart from strawberries just now 100g ish a day, heavy it's on protein, eggs, chicken, lamb, bacon etc, and probably too much coconut cream/milk. Although no more coconut cream/milk just now. Use of protein shakes when I go to gym.

I would dearly love to find a routine addition that helped with the Sugar cravings and wonder if I included more carbs in the form of resistant starch it would help? Ps I do eat greens, peppers, salad stuff too.

Thanks a bunch

Jan
                            Yes, it has helped me, and I would urge to try it - cautiously! I don't eat a lot of rice, approximately 1/2 cup every other day. I also eat sweet potatoes occasionally. White potatoes are not my friend, but they might be yours. I cook some rice and keep it in the refrigerator. Mark had a post a couple of weeks ago (actually he has done several, you might want to look back at his MDA posts) that was really good. I have found that my sugar cravings have been dramatically lessened, although that was not the effect I was looking for! My digestion is much improved, which is what I was really hoping for. I eat pretty clean, I am 100% grain free (except for the rice).

The bad news is that I found that "Once a carbaholic, always a carbaholic" is definitely true of me. I can go down the sugar path very, very easily.

Have you ever charted your food? Another sad truth is that calorie restriction has to occur to lose weight. Hopefully paleo/primal eating will make that restriction easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                              Maybe you've gone into cautious protective mode with K?? The heart does weird things to keep from being hurt. I hope your time with him is comfortable and enjoyable. I also hope you are able to have a good talk and come to a better understanding of each others desires and expectations for this relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                              Yeah, I think I might have just expended all my K energy in the wrong direction. I feel like I have gotten pregnant, grown a baby for nine months, given birth, watched 'em grow up and sent 'em on their way. We'll see.

Comment

• For Easter, one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written:

Comment

Working...
                                X