No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last week I read a book I thought you might enjoy: And Then There Were Nuns, by Jane Christmas. About a spiritual journey, mostly. She has an interesting tidbit in it, about the effect that Gregorian chanting has on the brain. Some marked effects on keeping depression at bay, through getting the full spectrum of auditory electrical charges. Sadly, she doesn't reference the name of the study, but it is on my list of things to google. And, of course, it made me think of you.

Comment

• Book is requested! If I can get all sappy for a minute, I am very touched that you thought of me, especially in connection with something nice, and I got to thinking about all the people here who obviously care about me and what happens to me and I got all teary-eyed....thanks, all...
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I'll just be sappy back, and say it is wonderful to have friends(even if I never meet them in person), that I think of OFTEN, and who make me smile when I do.

Comment

• Oooooh! I am also a big fan of The Big Bang Theaory ... my daughter said we (OH and I) would like it and ..like you we nearly exploded with laughter, Sheldon is the thing! I have taught much younger kids like him! But I know several chaps like Raj in London. Hehehe, such fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
            Book is requested! If I can get all sappy for a minute, I am very touched that you thought of me, especially in connection with something nice, and I got to thinking about all the people here who obviously care about me and what happens to me and I got all teary-eyed....thanks, all...
            Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            I'll just be sappy back, and say it is wonderful to have friends(even if I never meet them in person), that I think of OFTEN, and who make me smile when I do.
            Yes, +1. People online are people. In my bitchiest moods I sometimes forget, but fortunately, for the most part, I like/love my online buddies.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Can I add other book recs? Book of Silence by Sarah Maitland and Life After Life by Kate Atkinson, both profound, both excellent. Reading for all I am worth at the moment and it is wonderful.

Also, I would be lost without my online friends.
              I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Thanks be to to the heavens for online friends, books, and interlibrary loan (possibly the greatest use of computers invented to date). Two books on the way and many warm feelings for my online friends, who are indeed people with great talent, taste, and distinction and who never fail to make me feel pretty darn good.

Ex showed up out of the blue with a bicycle for me. It is a very cool old-school racing bike, a Nishiki made in Italy in 1976. Red! It is being tuned up and having some bits replaced. The guys at the bike shop were very excited. I am very, very excited, too. I will have to learn to fix a flat! I don't think it is too hard. I think I knew how to do it once upon a time. Also this moves forward my purchase of a bike rack for my car. The bike won't be done for two weeks or so, but I don't want to leave it til the last minute.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• So yesterday I made my flight rez for my Mom's 80th birthday trip. Feels good to have that over. I have been checking the fares and I think they had got as good as they were going to get - also I have to travel to Boston and back which makes my times more limited. Also timed it so I am arriving at almost the same time as another sister so we can be collected at the same time.

AND took the car to get the tires changed. As I thought, the bent rim is even more bent. It is off getting straightened and will be ready today or tomorrow. So that is done. Still needs to be aligned, but that shop doesn't do alignments. Also there is a problem with a door lock I need to get taken care of - that is warrantee work. (Rear passenger door doesn't release from the inside.) Well, I know this is all fascinating, but I am getting through my to-do list.

Ex stayed here last night. We went swimming. I had never been swimming with him before, he is very good and he tried to teach me flip turns. I need to work on that. Then we went to Tenebrae, came back to my home for a large paleo supper - chicken, ribs, salad, avocado. Much food was consumed. Then we watched Kurosawa's Dreams, maybe my all time favorite film. Should have given me weird dreams, but if I had any dreams I don't remember them. He was off early this morning as he is closing on some property just north of here.

Today is Good Friday but I have to work tonight so I'm not going to any services. Also I need to do some work around here, I don't want to get far behind and since I have to work the next two nights very little in the way of chores will get done.

So nothing exciting to report here. No sauciness. No wild hormonal craziness. No feelings of that sort for Ex, to his disappointment. He sleeps in my cave and I sleep in the regular bed.

Comment

• Ex is a good guy. It's so nice to be on good terms.
                    You are kickin' ass on that list, yay!!

Reading yet another wonderful book:
                    Savage Harvest A tale of cannibals, colonialism, and Michael Rockefeller's tragic quest for primitive art, Carl Hoffman.

Comment

• Ex is without a doubt my best friend and the closest thing I have to family within driving distance. He is very like me, without the rapier wit and multilayered intellect. I can tell him anything and he doesn't judge me - and vice versa. He also comes through in the clutch when I need help and really have no one. People around here - my 'friends' tend to offer to do things, and I take them up on it, and then when it comes time to actually do something they are busy. Keep in mind I don't ask for favors all of the time. In fact I hardly ever do. Like every two years I ask someone to drive me somewhere 10 minutes away. At their convenience. But it never works out. Ex will drop everything, drive three hours, drive me somewhere 10 minutes away, and then drive three hours back and act like there is nothing in the world he would rather do, like I'm doing him a favor asking him to do such an amusing thing. I am lucky to have him.

Comment

• And once again I would like to express my eternal gratitude to my primal friend who pointed me towards the infamous Redneck Tennis Racket aka Battery-Operated Bug Zapper. I just quickly dispatched two extremely large flying creatures that formerly would have tormented me for days. How big were they? They were too large to be killed by the Bug Zapper. I disabled 'em and flushed 'em.

Comment

• Here I am at work and feeling really good. Slept like a stone this afternoon and woke up raring to go. Have a large bowl of leafy greens and other veg with spicy ground beef for later. Looking forward to that!

My tire is ready and I should be able to get it on my car on the way home tomorrow! Woot! I love it when things work out to be convenient. Now I am thinking I will get the other work done on my car while I am seeing the gynecologist and getting a mammo - wouldn't that be cool. Must work on scheduling that!

Comment

• Been watching some Big Bang Theory and I will have you know that I am in complete control of my own secretions; therefore no choking or wheezing. Bazinga!

Comment

• Here I am back at work. Slept like a stone today and didn't want to get up. But get up I did and a very kind co-worker is coming in early so that I can attend sunrise service. I came in a little early but not much. I should have let her get out of here earlier but alas, my flesh is weak. Anyway she didn't expect it and seemed grateful that I was at least a little early.

Talked briefly with a friend on the phone - he is going through weirdness in his life also, although very different from my weirdness. Life is just a messy business. I am grateful, very, very grateful that my problems are as mundane and frankly inconsequential as they are. No one is dead, not even bleeding, and no bones are poking through the skin. The bills are paid, the kitchen is full of food, I have a roof over my head. It's all good.

This morning on the way home I got my newly straightened rim and tire put back on my car and so it is all set. I still need to get it aligned, but there is no clock ticking on that. Will get on that right away, though.

Comment

• May you have a peaceful night......
                                Female 55
                                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

Working...
                                X