Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
    Okay, trying to remember all the exercises we did.

Biceps
    Triceps
    Lats
    Abs
    Plank
    Lower Legs esp. calves ouch

Seems like we worked everything. I'm forgetting a lot of stuff. We didn't count but did 30 secs x 3.
    WHOOOW sounds like a good workout.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
      WHOOOW sounds like a good workout.
      It was a really good workout, I am so proud!
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• The dreaded DOMS is setting in, but it is not too bad. I'm at the over-24-hours mark. I feel great, though, not creaky and old but really strong. One good workout and I'm a new woman, hah!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Optimism is one of your strongest attributes!!! that's why you have such a loyal following.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Well, you can laugh, you can cry...I do some of both.

Comment

• Tonight, as I do every Saturday night, I called in to a local radio station that has a jazz program every Saturday night. I've been doing this for four years and I definitely feel like I know the host. I mean, I know the names of his kids, his hobbies, where he goes on holiday, what his girlfriend likes for breakfast, etc. In 25 words or less I told him my sad story (last week he heard the happy part) and he played some heartbreak songs for me and sent me a nice email about someday finding love. Always good to get the guy perspective on this stuff. I told him I got dumped and he said "What did you do wrong?" which made me laugh, the assumption being there is a good reason for things to happen the way they did. He said he is sure I will find someone and very soon. I responded that I hope so but if not that's okay too. He said, quite forcefully, "NO, no you have to find someone! You need love in your life!"

Comment

• On a completely different topic, I have very minor muscle soreness and many happy memories from my good workout on Friday. Is that weird? I keep thinking about it and how the cycle was so much fun and very cool to have a bike that adjusts to fit me perfectly. That short 20 minutes has me thinking about cycling and getting a decent bike. A lot of people at work cycle and there are some fun events that I could participate in. Hmmmmm. Hmmmmmmm.

Also I really like the TRX workout and am very excited about doing it again. Thanks to all who encouraged me to check it out.

Comment

• On a third completely unrelated topic, a while back I mentioned a very well-liked co-worker whose daughter was in a terrible accident. I am happy to report that she is making unbelievable progress and the prognosis is very good. It will be a long, hard road but there is every indication that she will make a good recovery.

Comment

• All kinds of really weird and interesting stuff happening at work but I can't really tell it because of course it would be illegal. Too bad, though. You wouldn't believe it.

Comment

• The same thing happens to my husband a mental health and prison RN. He only tells me vague stories with few details.

Are you sure it is over with K? I would totally want an answer to the Why? Question.

How do they do a TRX class? Do theyhave multiple hooks in the ceiling and TRX sets?
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        Do they have multiple hooks in the ceiling and TRX sets?
                        Goodness, exactly what kind of class are you taking?

Siobhan, just wanted to delurk and tell you I'm enjoying your journal. And darn that K! It sounds like you have a fantastic Y and good on your for breaking out and trying so many new things! -Peach

Comment

• Lol...wiggles eyebrows.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                            The same thing happens to my husband a mental health and prison RN. He only tells me vague stories with few details.

Are you sure it is over with K? I would totally want an answer to the Why? Question.

How do they do a TRX class? Do theyhave multiple hooks in the ceiling and TRX sets?
                            I'm not 100% sure it is over but I don't want to stay in the Hope World. I'd rather advance into the Moving On World. The Hope World is kinda pathetic.

That said, I just sent him a very bland text about the exciting things that happened at the hospital this weekend that he will be hearing about. I feel it will be more awkward if there is absolutely no communication between us until I see him on Tuesday morning.

I can tell you the bits that will be in the newspaper. After a long series of abusive actions towards the staff, patient ran into the parking lot and took off all of her clothes. Police were called (natch) and a chase ensured, ending with patient being tackled by young fit policeman. Policeman sustained bite injury and patient received a broken pinky finger. After hours of frantic phone calls trying to find a suitable and willing facility, patient was transferred.

It was really a weekend from hell. We don't have many patients, but they are almost all extremely challenging and time consuming. I am really exhausted and slept pretty late - just got up 20 minutes ago.

That is exactly how we do the TRX class. They hold it in the cycling/spinning room. We move the bikes from the front row and the hooks are suspended from the ceiling. There can be eight people at my gym. For those who don't know, TRX involves long adjustable strips of nylon webbing with loops and a handle at the bottom. It is all bodyweight - the difficulty is adjusted by your own stance and different exercises are done by adjusting the nylon strip and rather ingenious but simple use of the apparatus.

I am a little more sore upon awaking this afternoon, 48 hours after the class. I have done some easy yoga (a flow series) a couple of times since and of course worked both nights.

Comment

• I spent a little bit of time looking at bicycles. I am laughing at myself for wanting to get into cycling again after a 20-minute warmup on a spinning bike and a short convo with two avid cycling co-workers. I'm not going to bother getting a bike that isn't perfect for me. I have done a lot of cycling in my time and I have really only had two bikes that fit me properly and I know I won't enjoy it or stay with it if my bike isn't right. Having said that, I think I would really enjoy having a good bike. I have visions of camping in Acadia National Park and riding all over the carriage trails there, sleeping under the stars in my tent.

Comment

• Have been thinking about how different things are from my childhood and young adulthood in southern California and my life now in New England. And it is not just the weather.

Then:

Friend: S! Que pasa!

Me: Que pasa! Como esta?

Friend: You have to come over this weekend! My family is coming from Silver Lake, my mom is making tamale. And pepper eggs. We're gonna barbeque too.

Me: Sounds great, what can I bring?

Friend: Beer, yourself, some tunes. Tell everyone! Oh, bring some tupperware cuz you are gonna want to take home some of my mom's cooking.

Now:

Friend: Hi S, why haven't you been in church? Where are you keeping yourself?

Me: Working quite a bit, I usually can't make it to church.

Friend: I never see you anymore!

Me: Well, I'm free a lot during the week. Why don't we see a movie or have a coffee on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Friend: No, my family is visiting for six weeks starting tomorrow, I will be busy with them.

(Me thinking: You spend 25/7 for SIX WEEKS with your family? I think you just don't like me very much.)

Me: Sounds wonderful for you, have fun with them!
                                Last edited by Siobhan; 04-06-2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X