No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So anyway, here I sit, looking for large woodpeckers at my birdfeeder...not seeing any...have planned a wild evening of hot yoga followed by science shows on PBS. At least one of the bottles of wine will be consumed. Then I'm goin' to the forest. Maybe I can find a bear den to live in.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I'd way rather be there than this dentist waiting room..
      Seriously, that sucks, nice that you are understanding.

Comment

• Did he realize that you had a plan? Ouch.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• That is so weird, I went to the dentist this morning also. And found out I need a new filling. Nothing but good news today!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
            Did he realize that you had a plan? Ouch.
            Oh yes, he definitely knew. Double ouch. Yeah, the old ego is severely bruised.

Comment

• Well, I am pissed.
              Does he realize how many people were waiting for OUR evening???
              Did he re-schedule???
              Sorry for the prodding but I was so dang sure he was as excited as the rest of us.
              (guys, we need to get a life

Comment

• Jeez. What an idiot.
                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• I've been thinking (it's been a kinda slow day) about what, realistically, would make me cancel last-minute to a woman saying "I'm going to cook you steak, give you wine, and then ride you like a Tilt-a-Whirl". Maaaaaaybe if I had to get a leg amputated that afternoon.

Maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                    I've been thinking (it's been a kinda slow day) about what, realistically, would make me cancel last-minute to a woman saying "I'm going to cook you steak, give you wine, and then ride you like a Tilt-a-Whirl". Maaaaaaybe if I had to get a leg amputated that afternoon.

Maybe.
                    That thought has also occurred to me...

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                      Well, I am pissed.
                      Does he realize how many people were waiting for OUR evening???
                      Did he re-schedule???
                      Sorry for the prodding but I was so dang sure he was as excited as the rest of us.
                      (guys, we need to get a life
                      Didn't reschedule but said he would make it up to me. Whatever that means. In reference to Mr. Anthony's post, I have serious doubts as to whether any rescheduling will or should take place. I don't want to be an ass about this, but really I don't want to be treated like a doormat either. Yes, I do believe his reason, I don't think he is lying. Still, this is one of those watershed moments. I took a chance, put myself out there...and this happens. Sometimes you just have to listen to the universe.

Comment

• I mean...stuff happens. If he has a good reason, and is sorry for canceling, and wants to still do something, I say go for it, just avoid being a doormat by your words and actions. Unless you're having legit second thoughts about the whole thing for other reasons.

Really, sometimes life really screws up best-laid (hah!) plans, and it's our job to navigate that and determine what we really want--and it really sucks to miss out on something potentially amazing because of a perceived slight, or from misinterpreting something seen as a sign.

Ok, enough waxing philosophical and being sensitive and all that crap. Back to normal, weightlifting, womanizing Mr. Anthony.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                          I mean...stuff happens. If he has a good reason, and is sorry for canceling, and wants to still do something, I say go for it, just avoid being a doormat by your words and actions. Unless you're having legit second thoughts about the whole thing for other reasons.

Really, sometimes life really screws up best-laid (hah!) plans, and it's our job to navigate that and determine what we really want--and it really sucks to miss out on something potentially amazing because of a perceived slight, or from misinterpreting something seen as a sign.

Ok, enough waxing philosophical and being sensitive and all that crap. Back to normal, weightlifting, womanizing Mr. Anthony.

Sent via lightsaber
                          Well, his excuse involves stage four cancer (not his obviously) and I am sure that is legit. I just have to figure out how to be understanding and all without making myself look and feel like someone that can just be set aside. I'm not actually a believer in signs, but it is so freakin' hard to make yourself available and then get squashed. At least I don't have to decide anything now. I've turned off my phone and I'm going to the gym.

Comment

• I say cook up the steaks, light the candles, and pour yourself a glass of wine. Tell him dinner was yummy, too bad he missed it and dessert. Then put back on the cotton undies for the next few dates.
                            Female 55
                            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• ^+1000000000

YUP still enjoy his company after all you are an independent woman BUT he must pay ..........

Now we all get to think about how you/we can slap him (relatively speaking of course).
                              link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Yes, he needs to suffer a tad, although I remember you mentioned his friend who is suffering from cancer. Not an easy time for him, I'm sure. New girl/ sick friend~

Comment

Working...
                                X