No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is something I have been meaning to note here and I need to experiment further. Since I have added white rice in limited amounts into my diet, my sugar cravings have nosedived. As in I don't have any. I haven't done an actual n=1, but I have been wondering why my chocolate and honey jar are intact and uneaten. The only thing that is different is the white rice.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Ah I love leaves of grass. Where on earth did my copy wind up this time??

I noticed the same thing after I reintroduced potatoes after my February w30. I'd been eating tons of apples dusted with cocoa powder. Then after a week with potatoes (and cheese, potatoes were technically supposed to be last, but I lost initiative) it was time to reintroduce chocolate, and I didn't even buy a bar for five days. I still have a third of the bar left after six days.

Comment

• Ah, it's not just me then! And I am relieved that I can eat rice without immediately gaining 20 lbs and getting brain fog. Not too much rice, of course. I've been carrying the same chocolate bar around for a week and have walked past the gluten-free cookies without a thought. Good, I like this! I HATE being addicted to sugar.

I've cheered up considerably. I'm just being a dope. It's all good.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• That has been my Perfect Helth Diet experience as well. I feared the pound of starch would worsen cravings. Most days they are lessened.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I know right? Even though I sometimes recommend that to people, it's mostly because so many others have said it worked for them. I never expected that to hold true for me because usually if something works for "most people," it's not going to do the same for me. It's really encouraging to finally grab those few tools (primal, RS).

Now if only I can fix my gut and shoulder.

Comment

• Amazing! So cool to know this! Am so glad it works for other people and is not just a weird figment of my imagination. My gut feels great and all seems well down there. Cool to know I can just keep doing what I'm doing and I'm on the right track.

Have not been hungry and am in danger of becoming a raw vegan. Have been eating apples with cashew butter for work dinners.

I wish sometimes I didn't think so much. Am having early dinner with K tomorrow as I have to work but it is his day off. I definitely don't want to get all crazy and scare him, but I am wondering when it would be appropriate to let people in the office know we are steppin' out. I am an intensely private person - one big reason I keep this journal is to have a place to vent that I never would in real life. I hate the thought of people gossiping and knowing my business. But already it is starting to feel wrong and deceptive. In the very beginning it is 1)a little exciting and 2)one has no idea if anything is going to come of it except one shared beverage. But it is quickly starting to feel a little cheap and dirty, and not in a good way. Like I'm not good enough for public acknowledgement. You know? Seriously, I am thinking about this too much and I should just chill out.

Comment

• Yes, you need to chill. It is only cheap and dirty if you are a secret after a couple-few months. Until then, you are just getting to know each other, seeing if there is anything there. The general public doesn't need to know that. Or if someone sees you and says, 'Hey, I saw you and K having dinner on Tuesday', it is still a perfectly reasonable time to say, 'Yeah, he's a great guy. I had the cheesecake- it was fabulous!'

Three months from now you need to be comfortable saying 'We're seeing each other.' Right now, you're just going to dinner.

Eat some protein. That'll calm you right down.

Comment

• Yeah, I know you're right, but the thing is that I'm around these people all the time and we work closely together, as in elbow to elbow, and a couple of my co-workers are actual friends. One of the problems of dating a co-worker. This morning I was giving report in a very small room with a lot of people including K and many jokes and comments were flying around - I was distinctly uncomfortable - I'm not one for pulling my punches but now I have to. And last night I had a coffee with a friend who was just getting off, and she was complaining a bit about something that happened with K - just normal venting stuff, but I felt so dishonest. She's my friend and I couldn't think of anything to do but let her go on and smile and nod. Just play it cool...I have many mornings like this ahead of me.

Comment

• In the interests of getting some protein, I forced down a can of tuna and some spaghetti squash. I DO NOT recommend this combo!

Comment

• LOL doesn't sound too appealing

What if u asked K if it was okay to tell some of your best buds that you two were dating?

Comment

• I think if it seems appropriate I might bring up the idea that it might be better to keep control of things ourselves, i.e. casually mention we saw a film together, rather than let the gossip mills run and alienate our friends. No big dramatic announcements or anything, which would be horrifying to me and very weird. Tomorrow we are having a meal at a local pub and I know that at least two people who work at the hospital also work there. If we see someone we know, that will probably be a good time to say something. Definitely want to play it cool and I know this is a very stressful week for him.

Comment

• So glad u have someone neat to date!!!
                          Even with the weirdness, it's still exciting and FUN.
                          (yay)

Comment

• It's cold and windy tonite in the sweet sunny south.
                            Indoor cat in her cozy cave right now just like in the pic.

Comment

• I wish my cats would go in caves! They like my bed too much, there is no room for me sometimes. We are supposed to have a storm hit sometime tonight, although the forecasts are all over the place as to how bad it will be. I guess we'll just take it and like it!

I should mention somewhere that K is much more social and outgoing and sharing than I am - in fact we are polar opposites. He LOVES people.

Comment

• My DH loves all people.. me, not so much. I tend to like their animals more.

Comment

Working...
                                X