Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wendy717 View Post
    So sad to hear of your loss. I have been through way more than I ever wanted to. But, the way I look at it is, is if you are grieving, than you have loved well. I would never forfeit the loving to spare the grief.
    Some wise person, I'm not sure who, said that grief is the price we pay for our attachments. So true. But no matter how much grief I feel, I would take 10 times as much to have known this great lady. She will be missed.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Nicer Pic for Today

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Now THAT one just makes me want to cuddle.

Are you the lion now, lying down with the lamb?

Comment

• Raaaaroar!!!!

Comment

• Baby animals are just so sweet (baby humans too!) I got to play and cuddle with a 2 week old kid goat yesterday. Strawberry blonde hair (no idea what the correct term is!) and blue eyes - just gorgeous!
            Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
            Primal low: 186 lbs
            Current weight: 221.4 lbs
            Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Baby goats are just about the cutest animals on the planet.

baby goats.jpg
              Last edited by Siobhan; 03-04-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• So my friend's memorial service is next Monday and it is going to be an extravaganza. She planned it down to the last detail...two weeks ago. Somehow she knew. The exciting part is that I have been asked to sing in a small group - 8 people including me. I can't believe I was asked and I especially can't believe that I am excited about it instead of bloody terrified. (Of course I am a little nervous and I am sure I will be ALOT nervous, but in a good way.) I don't have to sing alone except at the very end where we are in 6-part harmony. But my part is easy. She was so encouraging to me about music and singing.

Tonight I had chicken soup (made in my crockpot here at work) and a big salad.

Comment

• That sounds wonderful. What a great way to be participating in this celebration of her life. And, it really sounds like a celebration.

Comment

• Strange how she knew. Glad you are getting to sing.
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• What an honor to be asked to participate in this way!
                      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion
                      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Yes, everyone is continually commenting on the fact that she obviously knew her time was at an end. She was a deeply religious and spiritual person. Perhaps people with this sort of life force can tell when the end is coming.

Using her template, I started to plan my own memorial - the trouble is that I can't pare down the music. Can't really do an hour of music! Well, I suppose you could. But there is other stuff to fit in. (Let me assure you I have no inkling of my own demise. I'm just thinking of it because of my friend's example.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                          Yes, everyone is continually commenting on the fact that she obviously knew her time was at an end. She was a deeply religious and spiritual person. Perhaps people with this sort of life force can tell when the end is coming.

Using her template, I started to plan my own memorial - the trouble is that I can't pare down the music. Can't really do an hour of music! Well, I suppose you could. But there is other stuff to fit in. (Let me assure you I have no inkling of my own demise. I'm just thinking of it because of my friend's example.)
                          I remember you writing about what a neat lady she was.. Didn't she go to your landlord last summer when it was so hot and you needed an air conditioner installed?

Many yrs ago, we had a neighbor who called about a dozen people and told them she appreciated how they'd been so sweet to her, and her heart was full of love for them. Several of them, myself included, asked if she was doing okay, and she said yes, felt great, but she'd had a dream 3 nights in a row that she was about to 'depart from this realm'. She was in good health for a 70 yr old, greatly blessed financially, unbelievably generous to charities, always happy.. 4 days after calling us, she took an afternoon nap after a tennis game in her backyard and died.

The day before, she'd planned her exit like your friend did, Sio, who to speak, who to sing, very simple send-off. I cried like a baby, and didn't really know her that well, but it ramped up my faith in that we go somewhere 'else' after this jaunt.

Comment

• Isn't it interesting how some people just "know"? My mother told a nurse at the long term care facility where she lived on a Friday that she felt very strongly that she was going to die. She slipped into semi consiousness the next day and passed away the following Thursday.

Comment

• Those are amazing stories and it is such a comfort to know that people can die easily and without suffering and be at ease with their own mortality. (As I sit here with ashes on my forehead)

I hadn't really thought about what to give up for Lent. This is something I am not usually called to do. I dislike people who give something up and run around telling everyone as though they deserve a medal for not having a hot dog on Friday. But this year I feel the call for some reason. One: I'm going to fill up a bag with stuff every week and take it to the thrift shop. Two: I am actually considering giving up meat. Although this probably won't result in much savings, I am thinking I will give up meat and donate enough money to Heifer International to purchase a cow. I will still consume seafood and eggs. This will be an interesting experiment. Still thinking on it.

Comment

• Tip for Today

Had a rehearsal for the memorial service this morning. I was stunned to be handed a personal handwritten note from my late friend, saying how much she had enjoyed hearing this song in church a few months ago. (It is an arrangement of "Simple Gifts.") She said, "Remember that music is a gift to yourself that you can share with others." She recalled a conversation we had not so long ago, when I told her that I love to sing but have great qualms about the inadequacy of my voice and musical ability. Instead of assuring me that I have a great voice, etc., which we both know is a lie, she told me that none of that matters. What is important is to try and to do the best we can. If only the people with undisputably great gifts participated in music there wouldn't be any. And that is true of everything in life.
                                Last edited by Siobhan; 03-06-2014, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X