Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
    Yes, that is too expensive for me. It's a matter being able to afford bells and whistles.
    Well - we did buy a used a one. But, the payments are still bigger than I'm comfortable with............ That being said - the thing handles like a dream in the snow
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• A while ago I came to the unpleasant realization that I have been hurting my back during swimming. Obviously there is something wrong with my stroke, and it didn't take long to figure out that it is my kick. So I have been tearing down my breaststroke and rebuilding it, a tedious process, but I've been making good progress. Today I was rewarded with a very sore groin muscle. Ouch. Swimming of any kind was painful and I decided that working through the pain was stupid. I did walk/run back and forth for awhile, which is actually pretty fun. It is feeling better now, some hours later, and so I hope it is nothing. At least my back doesn't hurt!

Went to the egg farm where the new batch of chickens is very friendly and gathers around clucking helpfully while I put the eggs in a carton. Chickens are hilarious.

Made a paleo pizza for lunch, very delicious, and had a smoothie of banana and avocado. I remember when I first heard of putting avocado in smoothies I thought it was bizarre, now I can hardly make one without it. Love the texture.

Watched the women's Olympic hockey final, which Canada won. I watched it for about five minutes and didn't realize it was women. The standard of play is very high! I can't imagine playing that game. Sticks...blades...pucks...no thanks.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Once upon a time, goalies did not wear masks...

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Watched the women's Olympic hockey final, which Canada won. I watched it for about five minutes and didn't realize it was women. The standard of play is very high! I can't imagine playing that game. Sticks...blades...pucks...no thanks.
          Yea Canada! Those are some fierce women. Women's hockey has become huge here in recent years. Many of the players on that team are household names. I know a lot of gals who play. Not my thing, not by a long shot. Most I know who play started as adults, as it wasn't an option for girls when we were young. I did figure skating lessons at age 8 or 9, and failed to pass the second badge. Something about sucking at inside or outside edges or some such nonsense. Was better at swimming.

Anyway, Canadian women rocked on the ice today. Gold in hockey and curling. The women's curling team is from my city, and are big names nationally. I curled once in a work thing years ago, didn't see the appeal, came out sore and with horribly bruised knees. For the casual curler, it's related to drinking beer. Sort of like recreational bowling. I should be quiet, might have my Canadian citizenship pulled for that comment...
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Congrats Canadians! It was a great game!
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Curling, now that is something I could do. I think I could anyway. Never could bowl. Yes, those Canadian women are fantastic. I know I am supposed to feel really sorry for the Americans, but somehow I can't really muster up a lot of sympathy. Silver medals are very pretty and look nice against the skin. And the Swiss - I think it is so cool when people are so happy to win any medal at all. Although I can't ever feel sorry for the Swiss. Don't get me wrong - I like them. I'm jealous, actually. Maybe I will be Swiss in another life.

Am off to the mailbox shortly with great anticipation!

Comment

• Tip for Today

Vitamin D3. This is maybe the only vitamin that paleo folk and CW generally agree on. Even in those sunny warm climes, supplementation is often recommended as realistically very few people are able to get enough sunshine all year - those pesky need-to-make-a-living type jobs tend to keep us indoors. Also those sunny warm climes can be unbearably hot and it can be hard to get in much sun time during the summer months. Anyway, my point here is to be very careful - Vitamin D3 is often sold in a capsule containing soybean oil. Please say no to this. Read that label and get the no soy, wheat, gluten, corn, etc. form of D3.

Comment

• Quote for Today

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.” - Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Pic for Today

Big AWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Animal Friends.jpg
                    Last edited by Siobhan; 02-21-2014, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Sorry for your owie, Siobhan. Hope it is better by now.

Some great pictures for me to catch up on. I LOVE that crow's nest. And those owls!

But Vince? I have to say, you're(Vince, not Siobhan) an idiot. Some kind of severe perfectionism going on there. I will stay my ordinary self, thank you, and be happy. And still win plenty of times.

Comment

• Ah, I have provoked thought with my little quotes! Lombardi had a miserable personal life and died at age 57 looking like he was 70. Maybe that is what relentless perfectionism gets you?

Comment

Ah, I have provoked thought with my little quotes! Lombardi had a miserable personal life and died at age 57 looking like he was 70. Maybe that is what relentless perfectionism gets you?
                          Helluva coach, tho

Comment

Pic for Today

Big AWWWWWWWWW!!!!

[ATTACH]15622[/ATTACH]
                            Don'tcha just want to go rub both of their fuzzy little heads?

Either that, or have them for dinner...mmm...lamb chops & fresh goat cheese...
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                              Helluva coach, tho
                              Indeed, and he left us with a LOT of quotes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                                Don'tcha just want to go rub both of their fuzzy little heads?

Either that, or have them for dinner...mmm...lamb chops & fresh goat cheese...
                                It would help if the animals we eat were all ugly! At least to our eyes. But no, they are soooo cute...

Comment

Working...
                                X