Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip for Today

Always have at least one outfit that fits well and makes you feel confident. When you are dieting, self-esteem is very important. The clothes don't need to be fancy - jeans and a tee are fine as long they fit well and make you feel that you look as well as you can. The clothes don't have to be expensive, either. For nice clothes on a budget, check out JC Penney and Target. Or a thrift shop (my speciality).
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Pic for Today

This is a crow's nest in Tokyo. They often use wire coat hangers in their nests as there are few trees but abundant clothes hangers.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Spent a productive 1 1/2 hours in the kitchen. Did some badly needed cleaning and realized that today is the day to bottle up some kombucha. Due to circumstances it has been quite a while since I produced anything drinkable. I rooted around in the fridge and found some overripe pears, which I whirled around in the little chopper and put through a sieve. Also found a still-good chunk of ginger and diced that up. Portioned it out into some bottles and in went the booch that I put on to ferment on Feb. 7. We will see how it turns out. It will either be great or undrinkable!

Scored three lbs of grass fed ground beef for $4 a lb. at the market last night. I was thinking of making the chili that Mark had in the Weekend Love Link, but now I think I am going to make a massive curry. I can always add stuff i.e. veg later on but it will be nice to have a base all ready to go.

Comment

• Why was the booch undrinkable???
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I left it too long, a month or so.

Comment

• I regularly leave it too long It is either unready or turns to vinegar. I have decided to wait until we have moved as I just don't have a decent spot to put it here, that is not hidden away and forgettable It is so true that we need at least one set of clothes that works. I am just barely hanging in there with a pair of jeans and t-shirt that at least doesn't choke me to death while I wear them. At least I can hold my head high when I go out - there was a time where I had no decent clothes and I avoided going out because I was embarrassed to be seen in my old raggedy sweats or tatty fraying chino's. I think that is the hardest part of being overweight - nothing really looks good or feels good. One of the things I really look forward to is being able to dress in clothes I like and looking good.
              Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
              Primal low: 186 lbs
              Current weight: 221.4 lbs
              Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I have my first Kombucha experiment in the works. It was started on 2/13/14, so it should be ready to go in the bottle on 2/23/14 right? 10 days is the magic number? Then sitting out in the bottle on the counter for 2 days prior to putting in the fridge for bubbles? I hope I have it right. It is fun to play with new things! Sending healing energy to all with injuries...
                This is my journal page!
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• The time varies a lot depending on the ambient air temp and the season etc. Best to taste every few days after 10 days and then bottle when it is how you like it. I think our house is just too cold in the winter so it takes forever
                  Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                  Primal low: 186 lbs
                  Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                  Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• My best batch brewed for 3 weeks, then bottled and sat on the counter for 5 days. It was very tart! I haven't had to throw any out for setting too long. I drink a bottle a day - and my continuous brew pot makes a good 14 bottles per batch. It works out perfectly! Yesterday I bottled up 15 bottles with apple juice and cloves. It was time to wash out the pot and start fresh. I use 1/4 cup of no sugar added juice and 2 cloves per bottle.
                    Last edited by tomi; 02-17-2014, 12:20 PM.
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by Wendy717 View Post
                      I have my first Kombucha experiment in the works. It was started on 2/13/14, so it should be ready to go in the bottle on 2/23/14 right? 10 days is the magic number? Then sitting out in the bottle on the counter for 2 days prior to putting in the fridge for bubbles? I hope I have it right. It is fun to play with new things! Sending healing energy to all with injuries...
                      Nope, no magic number, just start tasting it after a week or so. It will be pretty obvious when it is ready - it is too sweet and doesn't really taste good and then it does! There is no right or wrong, it's personal preference. Eventually it will become too tart and vinegary. You can keep it going simply by adding some more sweet tea, or dump it and make a new batch if you are ready to start producing it again. But Coll is the expert, she's always making stuff!

Comment

• My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

Comment

• Send in the Clowns................ that was beautiful Thanks for sharing.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Very nice

Comment

• Yesterday my phone rang at 5:15 PM - yes, it was work. Desperate voice on the other end of the phone begging me to consider working. Of course I did. Not only is it all overtime, it was a holiday. Cha ching! Right into the propane tank! And that makes up for the money I spent on firewood also.

Work again tonight. I have some little meatloaves or meat muffins in the oven right now. Very excited about eating some!

Comment

• Kids Read To Sheltered Cats And Everyone's Heart Collectively Melts

Comment

Working...
                                X