X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You hurt your hand, arm?
    What? Carrying firewood??

Comment

• That is unbelievably generous! Thank you!
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I was carrying groceries from the car and I caught my hand on a nail sticking out of the wall that I had never noticed before. No stitches, actually a puncture wound. Hurts like bl@@dy hell and you would not believe the bruise that has appeared. Looks like I either got hit with a hammer or possibly put the base of my thumb in a vise. My right hand, of course.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Yowch! Hopefully your tetanus status is up to date?

Apologies for the curse of dominant hand injuries. 26 days casted and counting...less than 48 hours to go...
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
            I was carrying groceries from the car and I caught my hand on a nail sticking out of the wall that I had never noticed before. No stitches, actually a puncture wound. Hurts like bl@@dy hell and you would not believe the bruise that has appeared. Looks like I either got hit with a hammer or possibly put the base of my thumb in a vise. My right hand, of course.
            Ouch, I hope it heals quickly.

That being said, This right handed injury stuff that's going around better not be spread by online contact. If it hits Casa de Marcadav, you, greensprout, as well as tomi, will be the first people I call to come take care of my every need.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
              Yowch! Hopefully your tetanus status is up to date?

Apologies for the curse of dominant hand injuries. 26 days casted and counting...less than 48 hours to go...
              I had the tetanus thought too....
              Female 55
              Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
              Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                That being said, This right handed injury stuff that's going around better not be spread by online contact. If it hits Casa de Marcadav, you, greensprout, as well as tomi, will be the first people I call to come take care of my every need.
                Ha, that would truly be the blind leading the blind!!
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Yep, I'm all set with the tetanus - just got one last September. Despite its not being primal or whatever, I'm pretty much into vaccinations. Of course I need to keep up to date because of my job, but I would anyway.

Just finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, thank you JudyCr! Great book and incidentally makes a punctured hand feel like a mosquito bite.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                    Ouch, I hope it heals quickly.

well, since we live only a mile apart I think I could oblige! That being said --- I'm expecting to be going under the knife in the next couple weeks. Apt with the surgery center on Tuesday

Siobhan - so sorry for the ouchy! At least puncture wounds tend to heal quickly as long as no infection sets in.
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion
                    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Well, you ladies are a baaaad influence on me - pizza for dinner! Of course it was a paleo pizza and it was a personal size one, so not really bad.

Very lazy day except for one hour snowshoeing.

Comment

• An hour of snowshoeing sounds nice! Our snow has been melting so fast and we are down to mud at the moment. I know it won't be long and there will plenty snow again I haven't tried snowshoeing, never had the opportunity but hope to try one day! I hope your hand is better really soon.
                        Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                        Primal low: 186 lbs
                        Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                        Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Mud? What is this thing you call mud? I vaguely remember that from last year. Here's my front yard late this afternoon:

No mud to be seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Ah, the evergreen.
                            Thank God for 'em.

Comment

• Beautiful pic! At least it is beautiful white snow and not great dirty piles as in parking lots.

It's Monday and I am glad to put last week behind me!

Comment

• Quote for Today

Whenever I'm stuck in traffic, I can't help but wonder, 'Where did the creator of The Jetsons go, and why hasn't he done something about this?'

~ Jimmy Fallon

Comment

Working...
                                X