Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Quote

“When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.”
    ― Henri J.M. Nouwen,
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Today's Tip

Take the long view. Let's face it, some days you are just not feeling it. Sometimes it all seems either crazy or useless. Imagine yourself in six month's time, and where you want to be and where you WILL be if you power through the tough times.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Wow, Two powerful thoughts for the day. Thanks.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Love all the tips Sio. Keep them coming.
          Female 55
          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Yes - love both today!

Power through............. that's what I'm focusing on these days. Goals are never reached walking the easy road.
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Sioban --- question for you.........

What do you do with the baby scobys that grow in the bottles as the kombucha is in the counter resting for the fizz state? I have started to collect them - thinking I might just add them to my continuous brew jar when I collect up enough. for now they are in a cup of kombucha - stored in the fridge. Every jar has its own little scoby! I love it! That tells me my kombucha is really healthy and good for me!
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm afraid I usually throw them away. I can take them to the chicken farm, but I don't go there very often and I don't have room to store them. This time of year they freeze too quicky to be put outside for the birds. My 'babies' are HUGE usually. Which reminds me that I have some bottling to do...

Comment

• I read Mark's post today still damp from the pool and it really took me back to when I 40 lbs. heavier and couldn't even conceive of putting on a swimsuit and getting in a pool. And now I am a SWIMMER! Had a blast today, spent a lot of time swimming underwater and pretending I am the Loch Ness Monster. (Mystery solved...dum dum dum dum!)

I am not making the same mistake twice - I have the woodstove fired up and everything else too. When it is this cold, I have to get the place too warm and then back it off. Otherwise it just never gets caught up. Last night I didn't do anything until the sun was well down and it was so cold. Tonight will be more comfortable.

Scored two lbs. of grass-fed ground beef at the grocery store, woot!

Comment

• Another Tip for Today

If you are wearing pants with a drawstring and you accidentally tie the drawstring in a knot, be sure you unknot it long before you need to use the bathroom. Just sayin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                      Another Tip for Today

If you are wearing pants with a drawstring and you accidentally tie the drawstring in a knot, be sure you unknot it long before you need to use the bathroom. Just sayin'
                      Personal experience?
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• One of my pairs of sweats OFTEN gets the drawstring in a knot and I have had some close calls It is so cool thinking of you swimming around like the Loch Ness Monster nowadays - you have come so far and we are trying to follow behind! Thanks for the reminder of how worthwhile the struggle is.
                        Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                        Primal low: 186 lbs
                        Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                        Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• The deep freeze continues but last night was much more comfortable, thank goodness. I got the place good and warm - too warm - and then backed down and it was very nice. I'm keeping the bird feeder filled up for the poor little chickadees and finches and juncos. How do they survive?

Felines are feisty this morning! A F1 racetrack has magically appeared down the hallway, through the kitchen, into the living room.

I am quite a sloth these days, except for firewood carrying, swimming, and going to work occasionally I am just lying about reading and watching TV once in a while. Watched a show about the new Sherlock last night but dozed off at the very end. I didn't miss anything.

Quote for Today

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
                          ― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Today's Tip

Know your weaknesses. I can probably name them for you. Sugar. Alcohol. Salty snacks. Learn to control them, whether it is complete abstinence, consuming them only in certain combinations, substitution, or some other method you can devise. (Please share!) Making sure your regular diet is nutritionally complete should also help with cravings, although we know how stubborn those b@stards can be.

Comment

• And here is a picture of a grass-fed and a corn-fed steak:

beef-corn-fed-vs-grass-fed-beef-steak-300x208.jpg
                              Last edited by Siobhan; 01-24-2014, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• And this is for JudyCr:

17648891_a5f7c13adb_z.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X