No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I can't get anything done due to new kitty. I wrapped her in a towel and took her to the vet right after finding her Sat. morning. He said very malnourished, probably 8 wks old but looks like 4. He gave me all sorts of food in tubes and powder form to mix with warm water, she eats it all right up. She cries and cries unless I hold her or strap her to my body with wool scarf, at least then I can try to straighten up, cook, etc. Other cats very mad. Dogs want to toss her around, I suspect. DH came home and tried to hug me, I said, watch out for the new baby, he said, where'd you get that Callie cat, so that's her name for now, maybe forever. She's really pretty, white feet, throat, chest and belly, then black & very blonde all over. I put up 3 signs on trees and called around to half dozen neighbors, no word from anyone, DH says oh Lordy but he holds her and kisses her belly and she reaches out with tiny paw for more.

Comment

• That cheers me up enormously today, on a day when I am in desperate need of cheering! And Callie is a great name for a cat!
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
        Tip for Today

Dedicate a space in your refrigerator and in your cupboards that is just for you. Let others in the household know that food is off limits. Your journey will be much harder if you go looking for the steak tips you planned to take for lunch and find they had become a snack for a teenager. Of course if anyone wants to walk the primal path with you, that will be different!
        Very good tip! I plan my meals........... and hubby says "oh I'll just have that too if you don't mind sharing". Bottom line, he's really thinking, "I don't want to make her cook two meals so I'll just eat that boring stuff" .............. I know he thinks he's being thoughtful - but he's really causing me more trouble! Little stinker! I don't have the heart to tell him I'd rather just make him stuff he likes. But on the other hand - when he's eating "my food" he's eating much healthier! He could stand to lose a good 40 pounds.......... but he doesn't see it. (turn sideways buddy!)
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
          Well, I can't get anything done due to new kitty. I wrapped her in a towel and took her to the vet right after finding her Sat. morning. He said very malnourished, probably 8 wks old but looks like 4. He gave me all sorts of food in tubes and powder form to mix with warm water, she eats it all right up. She cries and cries unless I hold her or strap her to my body with wool scarf, at least then I can try to straighten up, cook, etc. Other cats very mad. Dogs want to toss her around, I suspect. DH came home and tried to hug me, I said, watch out for the new baby, he said, where'd you get that Callie cat, so that's her name for now, maybe forever. She's really pretty, white feet, throat, chest and belly, then black & very blonde all over. I put up 3 signs on trees and called around to half dozen neighbors, no word from anyone, DH says oh Lordy but he holds her and kisses her belly and she reaches out with tiny paw for more.
          I THINK I JUST DIED AND WENT TO CAT HEAVEN. Fully accepting my future role as a cat lady.

Comment

• There is nothing as soothing as a purring cat. I love my all-over-the-place dogs, for sure. They are my doorbells, would protect me with their lives, but my cats calm me like nothing else. Ritten, as soon as you're able, go get a couple, the shelters are so full.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
              There is nothing as soothing as a purring cat. I love my all-over-the-place dogs, for sure. They are my doorbells, would protect me with their lives, but my cats calm me like nothing else. Ritten, as soon as you're able, go get a couple, the shelters are so full.
              Over leave I went to a cat shelter that had probably over 50 awesome cats. (Yes I volunteered while on vacation, but kitties!) Just gotta get out of the army and find an apartment that is pet friendly. That's the hard part right lol?

We had a dog my whole life, and both my parents now have dogs and my best friend has a cat, so I feel like they could certainly land a worse owner.

Comment

• You know what I really love about pets? Besides everything...they bring such stability to your life. They are always the same. You can count on certain behaviors, and although they certainly can surprise you, it is almost always in a good way.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Quote for Today

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Tip for Today

Try something new. When you feel yourself losing motivation, or on a plateau, mix it up a bit. A new cookbook, search the internet for some new recipes, try some different machines, weights, or classes at the gym, go for a hike in that preserve you've been meaning to check out for ages. Treat yourself to some exotic ingredient that you haven't wanted to splurge for.

Comment

• Okay, it's cold. Really cold. Supposedly it is 13F, but I don't believe it. I'm wearing Ugg boots and a fleece-lined flannel shirt. According to the thermostat it is a toasty 75F in the kitchen and a bearable 68F in the living room, but don't you believe it. Maybe it is that warm where the thermostat is, but the rest of the room is cold enough to hang meat. It's bloody freezing. I've got all my heating devices going, including the electric blanket.

When I woke up this afternoon, I had a generous bowl of bone broth with vegetables, pork, egg yolk, coconut milk, spices of all sorts. Very warming! But not warming enough, apparently. I hope my feet thaw out soon.

Comment

• Snuggle the cats. Share body heat!
                        Female 55
                        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• That is a good idea and one that they know instinctively! I have finally managed to warm myself up. Realized it is silly to sit and shiver when even some moderate activity will warm me right up, so I tackled a few kitchen chores. Mixed up a double batch of paleo bread (the previous batch lasted for ages) and that is fairly vigorous. Roasted a bunch of veg that were languishing in the drawer. Made myself some favorite paleo comfort food - a breakfast sandwich - bacon and fried egg on paleo bread. Having a large mug of tea with goat milk and coconut milk. When life gives you icicles, make hot coals! The woodstove has finally warmed to the point of radiating significant heat and now it is comfortable in here. The cats are in a big pile of multi-colored fur and it is time to join them with a good book about climbing Mount Everest. Talk about cold!

Comment

• I'm so happy I don't live on the East Coast It rarely gets that cold here! I hope the kitty's kept you warm while you enjoyed the climb!
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Glad you have your cats to snuggle with - they are like little ovens up against you I miss my cats. I love our dog, but she is not a snuggly one. Hope you are cozy inside while it is frigid out!
                              Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                              Primal low: 186 lbs
                              Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                              Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Still in the deep freeze here. It is supposed to warm up on Saturday, I think. I wonder how many people there are without enough heat right here in my community. I am counting my blessings that I have everything I do. I woke up with cats all over me, singing the songs of their tribe. They don't like it when I sleep late, unfortunately for them their tribal songs are like lullabies to me.

I certainly have enough calories in the house. Indulged myself in a breakfast sandwich this morning since the one last night was so delicious. This one was even better. I really need to get some exercise, having been a complete slug yesterday and not wanting to go out.

Comment

Working...
                                X