No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know anything about this blogger, but I like this post: Healthwashing Makes Me Feel Dirty: 10 Tips To Avoid The Trap - Making Love in the Kitchen
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Another really great thing about this whole primal/paleo life - not being hungry all of the time. So great to have a travel day and be able to get through it without going from snack to junk to more junk. I went all day on 4 oz of black coffee and a banana. Mind you, I had a pretty good meal when I got home! Turkey, turkey, oh and some more turkey, olives, an apple, greens.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• So glad you're home, and I know the kitkats missed you!!
        Prayers for your mom to only improve!

Comment

• Welcome home! I am sure the cats are thrilled to have you back. Glad your sister is able to help too. It is tough when your parent/s are bound and determined to keep doing something that makes it hard for all of you. Glad she is doing ok though. So awesome to be able to go without food without feeling ill isn't it?! It is so liberating to be able to wait until you find something worth eating - good for you!
          Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
          Primal low: 186 lbs
          Current weight: 221.4 lbs
          Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• What did you do with the cats while you went to moms?
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Glad you are back, safe and sound. Now for a few nice, normal days so you can relish the pleasures of home.

P.S. I got my spiralizer!!!!

Comment

• Hi Siobhan,

I have had a blast reading through your journal last night and this morning.

Glad everything went well with your Mom.

Love your cat stories. We have three cats. They are always fun.

NY Primal Con? I must have missed that announcement. Hope he does it in my back yard.

Daniel Craig and his wife Rachel have a home in my town. I worked out at the local gym with them once. They are both gorgeous people.

Enjoy getting back to your routine.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• The kitkats were thrilled to have me home, they jumped on me when I opened the door! Kinda behaved more like wolves! It was nice though. Funny how the stars kind of aligned on my trip home - my brother suggested we leave early because of the snow, and I got on an earlier and better flight, and then driving home I was ahead of the storm here. So nice to wake up in my own bed with the snow outside.

A friend (co-worker, actually) came over and did the duties once a day while I was gone. She deserves a medal or something a great deal nicer! She loves cats but can't have any because her hub is allergic. They also love her. Sort of weird because you don't think of cats as really warming up to people who aren't around all the time, but even BW Cat who is very shy runs up to her.

Have fun with the spiralizer! I use for all sorts of stuff, not just spirals. It works really well. There is one blade that isn't a spiral, and also you can cut through one side of the vegetable before spiraling. If you want smaller pieces once it is through the blade, it is the work of a moment to quickly chop the already-thin slices. I really like it for soups because all the veg will be the same size. Don't get your fingers near the blade! I recommend putting aside a toothbrush to clean it. That makes it really easy.

Thanks, Pebbles! You are most welcome! Mark mentioned a NY Primalcon when he announced something else a couple of months ago and then not a whisper since. I wish he would come out with it! I am there for sure! He is certain to get a great turnout, there are tons of primal and paleo folk in NYC and beyond.

SO good to be home!

Comment

• Back to my quotes and tips!

Quote for Today

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• Tip for Today

No step is too small. If you find yourself overwhelmed or struggling, commit to something, anything. Maybe you can start off changing breakfast. Or doing a few stretches when you get out of bed. Then let that tiny commitment spread into other areas.

Comment

• Had a delicious smoothie. Apple (cut up but not peeled), avocado, goat milk, coconut milk, chia seeds, honey. That really hit the spot! Avocados are great in smoothies, they add creaminess and deliciousness. (Thank you to JJ Virgin for this idea, also the chia seeds. I heard her presentation on the Gluten Summit.) I'm one of those weirdos that wants Osso Bucco in the summer and smoothies and salads in the dead of winter. What can I say?

Thinking a lot about what I ate during the last week at my mom's. I felt like I was eating maybe one quarter of my usual intake but I was never really hungry and I did not lose any weight. In fact I felt a bit bloated when I got home but feeling is gone now. I ate salad (lettuce and carrots) as much as I could, eggs (boiled), pork chops one night (I cooked them in olive oil and butter, no one knows that but me), peas, coffee, tea, ham, bacon. My mom only has 1% milk and would freak if I bought cream or half and half or whole milk even.

Thinking about making the pork loin, delicata squash, and cauliflower in Mark's Weekend Love Link today. Looks great and I have all the spices. Just have to get the fresh stuff.

Comment

• Yesterday on the airplane I noticed a shocking number of hipsters. Of course I know that Portland, ME is a hipster hangout but I couldn't help but laugh at the number of skinny guys with lots of great hair, cool glasses, expensive shoes, and body conscious but artfully disarranged clothing. Damn, I wish I was younger!

Comment

• Well...um...you could always go Cougar. Rawr!
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I could, but these guys are so young I feel like a pedophile just looking at them! They are younger than my youngest nephew (age 25), yikes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                                I could, but these guys are so young I feel like a pedophile just looking at them! They are younger than my youngest nephew (age 25), yikes!
                                I'd have a problem dating someone that young. Especially since my oldest is 28 and youngest 21. The generational difference would be huge. Not that I don't think we can learn new things, but that they would have no reference point for some things that influenced our future.
                                Female 55
                                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

Working...
                                X