• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praying for you and your mom.
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Mom's are generally tough! They've been through so much to get where they are - give her extra hugs and TLC even when she's being a buster and know that you are caught up on the stuff that matters
      Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
      Primal low: 186 lbs
      Current weight: 221.4 lbs
      Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I'm sorry to hear about your Mom and the Exes Tax Shenanigans. Take care of yourself! :-)
        Height: 5' 10"
        Highest Weight: 292
        Recent Starting Weight 287
        Current weight: 244.0
        Goal weight: 195
        Body Fat 32.5%

Comment

• Thanks all! Today is the colonoscopy but Mom seems better despite not having eaten for two days. I feel better today also, having slept well, taken a shower, and changed my clothes for the first time in 36 hours. Am staying primal, it is quite easy really, eggs and sausage in the morning, salad with meat at night.
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I will know more this afternoon. Honestly I know it sounds shallow but I am once again so grateful for having found this way of living that is helping me be strong inside and out.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
              I will know more this afternoon. Honestly I know it sounds shallow but I am once again so grateful for having found this way of living that is helping me be strong inside and out.
              It doesn't sound shallow at all. What you choose to eat is nourishing your body and mind and that's a good thing. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Mom.

Comment

I will know more this afternoon. Honestly I know it sounds shallow but I am once again so grateful for having found this way of living that is helping me be strong inside and out.
                It really does make all the difference in the world, doesn't it?
                We'll soon have 2 yrs under our belts..
                belts which are many inches smaller

So glad to hear your mom is getting the tests and help she needs.
                It has to make it easier on her to have you there.

Comment

• Well, Mom's test was good! I can probably take her home tonight. She is currently eating 'heart healthy' pancakes, toast, and orange juice. God help us!

Comment

I'm not really certain what my best personal improvement after primal is, but stable mood is definitely one of them.

(Maybe you can sneak in some nummy soup. Even cardiologists should be okay with chicken... :// I swear hospitals scare me. Why do I want to work there again?)

Comment

• Enough to make ones hair stand on end! Heart healthy - it is so hard to educate our parents age group as they are so determined that the doctors know everything and they are terrified of doing anything against what the doc said. Sneak in some good soups and broths if you can - hope it all goes well with her discharge. And it is amazing how the primal way helps on so many levels! You go girl!
                      Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                      Primal low: 186 lbs
                      Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                      Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

... Mom seems better despite(my emphasis) not having eaten for two days...
                        Maybe that's because of. The healing power of a fast?

Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                        Well, Mom's test was good! I can probably take her home tonight. She is currently eating 'heart healthy' pancakes, toast, and orange juice. God help us!
                        Lordy, lordy! Hope she still feels better after that.

Comment

• You know, I think the fast helped with inflammation. I brought her home today! Not sure what the future will bring but she is home with her familiar things and is very happy.

Comment

• how old is your mom? mine is 88. Still very healthy except for losing her eyesight.
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Hope getting mom home and settled wasn't too stressful. When do you head back home?
                              Female 55
                              Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                              Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Honey, I'm Home! Can't believe it. The planets aligned and I got the last seat from Chicago to Portland, and I drove home right ahead of a snowstorm. So happy to be home!!!!!!!! There aren't enough exclamation points in the whole world. Although I am feeling very guilty about leaving Mom alone tonight. My sister arrives tomorrow for a week to take care of her and take her to all her appointments and such.

Am hopeful about my Mom but every time this happens it is a little worse. While I admire her ferocious independence, I frankly am also tired of it. It is her life and her decisions to make, but it does affect other people, namely her adult children, A LOT. Okay, nuff of that. I am very, very grateful she has come through this and is much better.

Stayed primal the whole time. And I say primal because I had an ounce of cheese and put regular milk and cream in my coffee and tea. Try finding goat milk at the hospital. Or my mom's! You know, there is really no way of telling your loved ones that you make all your own food from scratch and eat as much local and organic as possible without sounding like a pretentious twit. But it did break my heart to make and serve instant mashed potatoes from a bag. (I did not eat them. Do I even need to say that?) You would not believe the list of ingredients on that mashed pots bag. I swear, there were at least fifty, and most of them unpronounceable. And why? Why? Why? You can just boil a potato and smash it!

Can't wait to get back into regular normal life. My life is pretty ordinary and dull, but I like it fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X