X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're a great daughter!
    Safe travels~

Comment

• Thinking of you. Glad your mom is doing well/is stable. Be mellow.

Comment

• Well, all seems to be stable with my mom - she is having a stress test right now and it is looking more like something other than cardiac trouble. Which of course is good! But we don't know anything else and she is complaining of a great deal of pain in her shoulder. I think it is inflammation/arthritis. She told me only two weeks ago that she can no longer take a bath as she can't get out of the tub. That is a huge red flag as baths are an enormous thing for her. We just have to see.

Quote for Today

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin
        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Tip for Today

Believe in what you are doing! Knowing that you are doing the right thing will help you succeed.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Siobhan I am sorry to hear about your mom! I am glad you are going if for no other reason than to be sure she is fine. What kind of CO are you taking? I was just wondering if it is maybe a little rancid? I have taken CO for years without that reaction - but then we are all different. I am actually taking krill oil now just because I prefer not having to taste the CO. I don't hate it but it certainly isn't a favourite flavor and that means I don't take as much as I should sometimes.
            Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
            Primal low: 186 lbs
            Current weight: 221.4 lbs
            Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Hope all is well and you're able to get time off and travel plans made. My mom is 88. Just this past year she started taking meds for HTN. I don't know how she has maintained such good health cuz she has never eaten healthy, exercised or cared much about healthy living. But - she's still going strong.
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• It is Carlson Cod Liver Oil, is it in capsules so I don't taste anything.

Totally freaking out because the Ex has decided to pull some shenanigans with taxes. What timing he has! Luckily my mom seems to be doing okay. She is anemic (her hemoglobin is low) and she is getting blood and will be staying at least another night. I'm not happy she is anemic, of course, but I am glad she is not being discharged yet as she obviously can't take care of herself and doesn't have a diagnosis for her pain.

Comment

• I thought you had been divorced for a while. Very annoying if something he does can STILL affect your taxes. My sympathies.

Comment

• He says he is going to refile for the years we were married. Some shyster has told him that he "paid too much" and he can get a refund. What this means for me financially I have no idea. I know that mentally and in emotional energy it is a huge cost and an enormous headache.

Comment

• I would think it would be impossible for him to re-file on a joint return without your signature.

I like todays tip..........
                      Last edited by tomi; 01-13-2014, 12:43 PM.
                      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                        He says he is going to refile for the years we were married. Some shyster has told him that he "paid too much" and he can get a refund. What this means for me financially I have no idea. I know that mentally and in emotional energy it is a huge cost and an enormous headache.
                        He can not file amended joint returns without your agreement/signature. And you can only file amended returns within 3 years after the due date of the original return. So if it's been more than three years he's out of luck.

If he is considering refiling/amending as married, filing separately, he's an idiot. That's the worse filing status. Not to mention while you can switch from married filing separately to filing jointly for up to 3 years after the date of the original return, you can only switch from joint to married filing separately by to the tax deadline April 15.

I hope this helps.

Comment

• That is extremely helpful marcadav! Very helpful indeed! I don't anything about these things - I have filed every year since I was 18 but I have always worked for the man, and although I take all the deductions available to me, I have never done anything dicey or unusual. It's all pretty clear cut and I never tried to work the system. That just seems like sheer stupidity to me, although I hear others brag about 'how well they do.' I will talk to him again in a reasonable manner, hopefully when this stuff with my mom dies down in a week or so.

My mom is the same and ornery as ever, getting feisty with me, so I am hopeful that she will get through this. She is a complainer and pessimistic at the best of times so this is extra hard. But I feel she is getting very good care.

Comment

• Here's hoping your ex gets over his crazy ideas and lets you move on in peace! So glad your mom is feisty and her usual self. Let us know how your trip goes and how your mom is - you are in our thoughts and prayers.
                            Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                            Primal low: 186 lbs
                            Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                            Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Thanks so much everyone for your good advice and good wishes. After a tough but uneventful trip I arrived at the hospital and stayed the night. Waiting for the results of a test now. My mom is rallying and I am very hopeful. She is tough as nails!

Comment

• Thinking of you and your mom.............
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X