No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ragwort you can put the magnesium oil on your legs, belly, arms but AVOID any tender areas and keep it off any sores! Otherwise you'll be jumping up and down while trying to get it off You can put it on your feet too - I just wait about 10 minutes and then rinse it off.

Siobhan, your weather sounds crazy! Nice to have the snow gone for a bit though - enjoy it!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I rub it onto the bottom of my feet. Despite being 'oil' it is kind of briny and it will tingle or itch if it is on any sensitive bits. After I put it on my feet I rub some lotion on also and put on socks. I do this only right before going to sleep. It definitely improves my sleep. A couple of times I deliberately left it off as an experiment and ended up putting it on after a few hours. And a couple of times I forgot and kept waking up and wondering why I wasn't sleeping...had to get up and oil my feet! I don't know why it works. I did know once, obviously, since I went to the trouble of buying the stuff.

The Sherlock tonight isn't the new one....grrrr. They are showing last season. However, I have been without Sherlock for so long that I am still excited about seeing it.

I will freely admit that I am glad the snow has gone for now. And the ice also! I'm sure there will be more, but I am going to take advantage of this respite to bring in a lot of firewood and get some things cleaned up outside. Also nice to be able to do things outside without gale force winds and below zero temps making it a test of character to fill up the bird feeder!
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Well, my mom is in the hospital. My brother took her to the ED this afternoon with pain in her left arm. I don't know anything yet except that it is probably not an acute M.I. My brother is very, very smart but he is horrible with anything medical. He has kind of a block about stuff like this. She is being admitted overnight (yeah right) and I am very happy about that as the thought of her going home and being by herself is appalling. Wondering what to do...should I go there right away? Should I start arranging for time off work right now? Yikes.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I hope it is nothing too serious.

Comment

• sending thoughts your way.
            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
              Well, my mom is in the hospital. My brother took her to the ED this afternoon with pain in her left arm. I don't know anything yet except that it is probably not an acute M.I. My brother is very, very smart but he is horrible with anything medical. He has kind of a block about stuff like this. She is being admitted overnight (yeah right) and I am very happy about that as the thought of her going home and being by herself is appalling. Wondering what to do...should I go there right away? Should I start arranging for time off work right now? Yikes.
              Are you able to call the hospital and speak to another medical professional? Perhaps if you find out exactly what her condition is you can better decide what to do? Sending positive thoughts for your Mom. Hope she is better soon.

Comment

• Agree. Call the hospital.
                Female 55
                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Many good thoughts you and your mom's way. I'm so glad my parents are both healthy and a have (hopefully) a good while before I have to deal with that. It scares me.

Comment

• Good news on my mom. I called and all her vitals are normal and her tests are negative for the nastiest things - acute MI, pulmonary embolism. They are getting her to her room right now, a regular med/surg bed which tells me a great deal. Still no idea what caused the pain but she is comfortable now and I am so relieved she agreed to go to the hospital in the first place as she is very resistant to these things. By an unbelievable stroke of luck her own doctor who she likes a lot was at the hospital already and he put her more at ease. I'm still freaking out a little but very hopeful and so glad she is in the hospital where she can be watched and cared for.

Comment

• very good news indeed!
                      Female 55
                      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                        very good news indeed!
                        +1.

Positive thoughts heading your way that all turns out okay.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Well, I have stopped freaking out about my mom because that isn't really useful and things are really about as good as they can be. I talked to her nurse and basically she is on normal protocol for chest pain, no more and no less, and the tests so far are negative. I also talked to my mom and she is as ornery as ever and scolded me as usual so less worries there. I've decided I really need to get there and so will make some preps and move in that direction (she is in Illinois).

Mundane stuff which seems silly but I feel like writing. I picked up the bottle of cod liver oil a couple of days ago and started taking it again as it is a shame to waste it but it definitely gives me B.O. I'm not sure how bad as it is hard to judge these things for oneself, and there is always the hope that it is just a short adjustment phase until my body adjusts. I won't be taking the cod liver oil to Illinois!

Took my first luxurious shower in quite some time. Yes, I have been showering regularly, but since it has been so cold it just isn't much fun. Seems silly but even in a nicely heated locker room or bathroom, it just wasn't fun. Very much a get in/get clean/get out transaction. But tonight it was really nice and I had to make myself get out before I used up all the hot water.

Dinner was a TV tray. Almonds, goat cheese, olives, carrots. I munched away while watching Sherlock and making calls to my sisters, my brother, my mom, and the nurse.

Family stuff is so visceral. You go through your normal daily life doing regular stuff and then this kind of thing happens and it is like being hit in the side of the head with a hammer. I know I am lucky to still have my mom and I am always thankful but the thought of losing her and not having my mom any more is crushing. Time to be strong and act appropriately and not like a numskull idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                            Family stuff is so visceral. You go through your normal daily life doing regular stuff and then this kind of thing happens and it is like being hit in the side of the head with a hammer. I know I am lucky to still have my mom and I am always thankful but the thought of losing her and not having my mom any more is crushing. Time to be strong and act appropriately and not like a numskull idiot.
                            I wept for two days straight when my father had a stroke. I was stunned at how hard it hit me. Distance makes it worse, too. Do what you need to and take all the time you need. Be kind to yourself.
                            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Thank you so much, all of you, for your good wishes and thoughts. It means a great deal to me.

Comment

• Thinking of you from across the pond. I keep a watchful eye on my mum 82 and my MIL 91 (!) but luckily now all near me. I worried last term that I couldn't help them so much working full time. But on cue my mum waited til the last day of term to fall. As she's on steroids (asthma) her skin is so fragile and needs careful management at A&E to 'stick' it together again. It's always hard being a daughter and working in these situations. xxxxx

Thanks for the tips about mag oil on feet and then bed socks - chimes right, I have started to sleep soooo much better!

Virtual hugs

Comment

Working...
                                X