No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the world, one banana at a time!

Feeling crappy today. Slept very well, woke up feeling okay but it has gone downhill from there. The past few days I feel like I am coming down with something but I never actually do. Of course I am happy that I don't really have an illness but I surely wish I felt better.

Today it is 14 F. Feels like a heat wave! I am partially serious. While I was out I was unzipping my coat and taking off my gloves and loosening my scarf. I turned off most of my heating devices here at home and am sitting here in a light bathrobe (a vestige of my sexy days).

Not hungry, slightly nauseated, a little headache.

Excellent recipe today, although a bit I always cringe when I see the long ingredient lists. Of course most of the items are spices, and I have them all, but I think it is off-putting for newbies.

Both of my thumbs are heavily bandaged, making everything difficult. The cuticles were both cracked, then I got blisters under the nails and they were both so painful that last night I gave up and applied generous amounts of antibiotic cream and wrapped them up. I look like I had a bad accident with a woodstove, or maybe forgot to wear my gloves while climbing Everest. They are starting to feel better though, and maybe tomorrow I will be more normal. The funny thing is that Oboe took it upon himself to heal them with his tongue. Last night whenever I sat down he literally sat on his back legs, grabbed one of my hands with his front paws and commenced licking the wound. You can't get much more primal than this. It was, however, quite painful as his tongue is like sandpaper. But that is what made me decide to basically take my thumbs out of use for awhile. When the pets show more knowledge than you yourself do, it is time to take action.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Quote for today from Aldous Huxley:

"It's a little embarrassing that after 45 years of research and study, the best advice I can give people is to be a little kinder to each other."

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Tip for today:

Pick a regimen and stay with it. Find something that is palatable (I think paleo/primal might fit the bill ) and actually do it. Frankly, any weight loss plan will work if you stick with it. It is the sticking that is usually the problem, not the plan. Be honest with yourself about your ability to stay on your chosen regimen. You will be eating this way for the majority of the time for the rest of your life if you hope to take off the weight and keep it off. This is where the rubber meets the road.

Comment

• I looked at another thread that mentioned DDP Yoga which led me to YouTube to check it out. I had never heard of it and although the description sounded very unappealing I am surprised to find the vid was very interesting. I wish it didn't cost so much. It seems to be a combination of everything - yoga, body weight exercises, stretching, with variation for just about every malady one may be suffering from - apparently it was developed as a rehab program by an injured professional wrestling guy.

Comment

• I've looked around YouTube - there are bits and pieces of DDP Yoga but nothing big. I'm considering buying the mp3 version, which would be more practical anyway. I like the straightforwardness of it and the fact that modification is built into it. Not crazy about the guy, but I can probably get past that.

Went a bit mad this morning with my pans and spatulas. Made a big pot of cashew chicken. So delicious! A while back I bought some rice noodles (ingredients: rice, salt, tapioca starch) and added some into the mix. I can say that they make no difference to my enjoyment, in fact they are pretty tasteless and just add empty carbs. For some reason I thought they would be good.

Quote for today: "If you're going to have a story, have a big story, or none at all." - Joseph Campbell

Comment

• My tip for today is not going to be popular. Here it is: Journal Your Food. I believe it is the single most effective action you can take for serious weight loss. Nothing will keep you accountable like toting up everything that goes in your mouth. It can be on a cocktail napkin or on Paleotrack or FitDay or in a notebook in your kitchen. Yes, it is boring and tedious. But it is effective.

This ties in with having a plan. Once you have charted the calories and macros in a few different meals, journaling will be much, much easier. Once you can just write "chicken and avocado salad" or "ginger salmon" and already know calories and macros, a food journal is much more satisfying and much less tedious.

Comment

• What I have eaten today:

Cashew chicken with rice noodles
                Two cups of tea with goat milk
                One cup of coffee with goat milk
                A large salad of many veg, half an avocado, and chicken
                An orange

I am happy to report that I did clean off my desk and did a lot of other cleaning/clearing also! A large stack of books is ready to be taken to the used bookstore and a large bag of garbage is waiting to be disposed of.

Comment

• You were more productive than I was!
                  Female 55
                  Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                  Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• That'll be the day!

Comment

• Saw the film Philomena last night. Judi Dench continues to astonish with every performance. Hard to believe she is still working at such a high level after so many productive decades. I find it rather annoying that this film was billed as a comedy. Yes, you do laugh a few times. But it is very, very difficult to watch in many places, in fact some scenes are like being hit by a metaphorical sledgehammer. Still, it is absolutely terrific and I would like to see it again. I knew nothing about it when I went, which was the best thing.

Comment

• I read the book. Horrifying what the convent did.
                        Female 55
                        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I'm wanting to see that, but it is not in our area yet. I need to keep an eye out, since it will probably be a short run. There's no waiting until you are in the right mood for some movies; you have to go see them as soon as they hit the theaters. I wish the theaters could afford to keep them longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                            My tip for today is not going to be popular. Here it is: Journal Your Food. I believe it is the single most effective action you can take for serious weight loss. Nothing will keep you accountable like toting up everything that goes in your mouth. It can be on a cocktail napkin or on Paleotrack or FitDay or in a notebook in your kitchen. Yes, it is boring and tedious. But it is effective.

This ties in with having a plan. Once you have charted the calories and macros in a few different meals, journaling will be much, much easier. Once you can just write "chicken and avocado salad" or "ginger salmon" and already know calories and macros, a food journal is much more satisfying and much less tedious.
                            agreed! I find tracking an absolute MUST to stay on track. If I don't write it down - its easier to eat it and forget about it - then I wonder why I'm either sick - or not progressing on my weight loss goals. Tracking is a part of my daily routine.
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• how's the kombucha making going? I'm drinking my last bottle of my first batch of homebrew right now The second batch got bottled last night - so I will have 3-5 days without. I haven't mastered the fizz yet......... I hoping this second batch will fizz because I added a little apple juice to some of the bottles, and a little strawberry to the rest. I've read added a little extra sugar on the second brew is necessary to get the fizz.
                              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion
                              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Although I don't make it public here (that's WOULD tedious), I keep a food/calorie/macro journal. I think dieting in my teens really messed up my body's hunger/satiety systems, so I use it to make sure I'm not under/overeating.

The most important role my food journal has played is identifying trends and things that worked. I've made so many discoveries about how different foods, forms of fat and carbohydrate, amount of protein, and meal size affect me.

Comment

Working...
                                X