No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was brilliant in that role! And hilarious.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Good morning, Sio! I loved the Wind over Wings site, as well as your line that we've all been shot out of the sky at one time or another! So true!! I sent them a donation so consider that from you. Also, I'll be doing the slow motion weight training with you.

Comment

• He was a great choice for that role, because he really made it clear why women would swoon over Gilderoy in spite of his foolishness and ego. I would put up with a lot just to see Kenneth Branaugh. Especially in tights! And, with my deep and abiding love of Alan Rickman that dueling scene was like a little piece of heaven for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
          Good morning, Sio! I loved the Wind over Wings site, as well as your line that we've all been shot out of the sky at one time or another! So true!! I sent them a donation so consider that from you. Also, I'll be doing the slow motion weight training with you.
          Oh Judy, thank you so much! I got all teary-eyed once again. They do very good work and they don't waste any money, believe me.

I'm a little sore from the slow-mo training even though I just have wimpy 3-lb. weights - I'm glad I didn't start off trying to do it with 8-pounders! I like the once a week thing! And I can listen to the radio or even TV while I am doing it. If you don't have a metronome, no worries, use an online one! Free Online Metronome

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          He was a great choice for that role, because he really made it clear why women would swoon over Gilderoy in spite of his foolishness and ego. I would put up with a lot just to see Kenneth Branaugh. Especially in tights! And, with my deep and abiding love of Alan Rickman that dueling scene was like a little piece of heaven for me!
          I thought the same thing, he really managed to portray a character that was extremely attractive and kind of repulsive at the same time. I heard an interview with him back in the day and although I don't remember exactly what he said, something about using aspects of his own character ACCORDING TO HIS SISTER, he was able to channel Gilderoy. I remember laughing so hard I could hardly drive straight. Actually, now I must get out that DVD and watch his bits. (pun intended...hehehe)

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
            ... he said, something about using aspects of his own character ACCORDING TO HIS SISTER, he was able to channel Gilderoy...
            That's fantastic!

Watch vicariously for me-- I'm off to the post office, if I can ever drag myself away from the fascination of the forum.

Comment

• Laughed so hard at Gilderoy Lockhart that my stomach aches. I forgot how funny that is! Also forgot how sexy the guy who plays Draco's father is. Talk about repulsive and hot at the same time! Oh dear, this isn't really a children's film, is it? Guess that was the secret to success -

Went swimming and did a lot of errands. Got some eggs from the farm. There was a woman cleaning the barn; she said they have been raided by foxes and need to replenish their flock. Guess the foxes are the ultimate primal creatures.

Comment

• That actor is Jason Isaacs who plays another sexy bad guy in 'The Patriot'. Just plop me in the middle of that film(HP) and call me happy. The only thing that keeps me having a thing for Voldemort/Ralph Finnes is that repulsive makeup.

Comment

• But Fiennes is so FINE (yes, another pun) in Skyfall.

Come to think of it, HP is crammed full of very hot males. Why do I think the Jo Rowling and I would get along very well? (Obviously I am eating enough meat and egg yolks.)

Well, I'm off dairy completely for awhile. I bought some kefir a few days ago and guess what? Woke up in the middle of the night with a sore knee. Yes! Nooooooooooo! Not definitive by any means, but obviously I need to explore this.

Comment

• A friend of mine used to fence at the same club as Joe Fiennes, the younger and hotter brother of Ralph. Apparently he's adorably shy...
                    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• I am swooning over this guy's Italian accent: Umberto Volta, MD: The Gluten Summit

Comment

• This thread is taking an excellent turn!

Comment

• Yeah, I guess I am getting enough fat! Dave Asprey says fat has that effect on people...

Coincidentally I have had a couple of nibbles in the man department. Or maybe not a coincidence. Nothing major, just an email from someone I sang with last summer in the Arts choir, and then running into the co-worker on Sunday who is now single. Don't want to say too much!

The laugh for today from the felines: I grow grass in a little container for them to chew on - they love it. I just put down a new batch yesterday and today half of it was totally destroyed. Looks like a miniature army has marched through it wearing spiked boots.

Bottled up booch today. It is still brewing gloriously despite the cooler weather. I think it stays plenty warm in the closet where I keep it. Most of it is lemon ginger, and one bottle got the cherry juice that resulted from thawing some organic cherries.

Don't know what to eat. Not really hungry yet. Swimming later. Today is sunny and pretty but quite chilly and a strong wind. That doesn't stop the chickadees. Those tiny birds are so tough. The other day when it was pouring rain I thought I should bring in the bird feeder, but when I looked there were 5 birds on it despite the inclement weather.

Still haven't turned on my furnace, although it has probably come on in the night when I am work. I am using little electric heaters. I just bought a new one, a tiny one, and it puts out amazing amounts of heat. Everything is getting smaller. I don't pay for the electricity. Wonder if the landlord will say something? His workshop is here, and of course everything else in the garage, and that uses plenty of electrical power also. But there will obviously be an increase. I'll just wait and see.

Comment

• This the last and encore day of the Gluten Summit: Day 9: Encore Day!: The Gluten Summit Eight presentations! I've been talking about this a lot, but it has really fired me up to improve my diet, my health, my fitness, my life. And I was pretty fired up before! And to have the opportunity to hear experts from all over the world - for free - fantastic!

Comment

• Did another slow motion weight workout this morning. What, you say? Didn't you just do that a couple of days ago? Yes, when I get up to speed, the workout is every 5-7 days. But I am just learning and I don't have heavy weights, except for my hammer. I think it is important to learn the movements. Of course I am familiar with these - who doesn't know how to do a bicep curl? But before I pick up way heavy weights I need to be doing these as well as possible. I can say two things right now: you will need much heavier weights than you think. And it is vitally important to keep moving - don't rest at the bottom or top of the movement. You won't reach failure nearly as quickly. Also, don't freak out too much about how long it is taking, or whatever. Do the movements slowly, really slowly. Yes, count, use a metronome, etc. But don't get all bent about it. Just concentrate on doing the movements properly and slowly. Actually I am finding it fun, much more fun than I thought, because the workout moves very quickly even though you are moving slowly. The problem I have always had with weight workouts is that they are boring to me. I know lots of people love their reps and their sets but I get bored. I can't keep up my concentration. This neatly solves that problem. When I heard about it, I thought it would be even MORE boring because it is slow - but it actually isn't slow. The movements are slow, but you reach failure quickly and move to the next exercise. The only exercise I am really proficient at is the squat, which I have been doing regularly, mostly because I can easily do a deep Grok squat. I found that doing the squat holding my hammer is a whole different animal.

Anyway, I'm going to do this workout at least a few more times with light weights until I get more proficient and also figure out what weights I should purchase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post

...Coincidentally I have had a couple of nibbles in the man department. Or maybe not a coincidence. Nothing major, just an email from someone I sang with last summer in the Arts choir, and then running into the co-worker on Sunday who is now single. Don't want to say too much!....
                                My eye skipped ahead to ...co-worker... and for a moment I thought it might be X-Ray Man!

Comment

Working...
                                X