No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So where does one find a redneck tennis racket? I googled it and nothing close to a bug killer came up.

Comment

• This is the one I have, although I bought it for $4 at the local discount store.

SE Battery Operated Tennis Racket Shaped Bug Zapper - Amazon.com

Used it again today to dispatch a fly humanely and rapidly.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
        This is the one I have, although I bought it for $4 at the local discount store.

SE Battery Operated Tennis Racket Shaped Bug Zapper - Amazon.com

Used it again today to dispatch a fly humanely and rapidly.
        Thank you so much! I see my husband having too much fun with this.

Comment

• Slept well and had only one hot flash that I remember. However, the right side of my back is acting up. I went to the pool last night and did some gentle exercises and went in the sauna. I got home, took some Advil and spent some quality time with the heating pad.

My FitBit was dead this morning despite being fully charged two days ago. Sigh. I wonder how David is doing with his? The annoying thing is that it takes a very, very long time to charge - as much as three hours - and has to charge via USB and the computer. Despite all the wonkiness, I will probably buy the new device that is coming out, although I will probably wait a little and let a bug or two get worked out.

Dinner last night was sardines and onions and rice crackers and ground cherries. Wish I had some sardines or kippers this morning. My doctor was ecstatic when I told him that I eat these and have virtually eliminated dairy except some cheese as a treat now and then. And here I thought he was going to freak if I told him I had gone off dairy! He said his kids eat mackerel and sardines with the bones and all. They love them! Makes me so happy to hear that. Perhaps there is hope for the world after all.

Had salmon cakes from the Practical Paleo cookbook and I ate them all! Of course I made only half the recipe. Really delicious. I added a shot of sriracha to mine.
          Last edited by Siobhan; 10-18-2013, 08:38 AM.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Which fitbit do you have? I'm looking at the fitbit force but wondering if I'd do better with the jawbone up. The up has a smart alarm clock- you set what time you need to be up by and what it does is wake you up at the right time during your sleep cycle so that you don't wake up groggy. I feel like that's the only feature missing from the fitbits.
            SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
            Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
            Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
            Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
            Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
            Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• One of my co-workers lost her father last week. He was well into his 80s and had been very sick for some time. I just sent her a card, and this is what I wrote in it:'

A wise person said, "Grief is the price we pay for love," and experience bears that out. ?But our loved ones never leave us entirely. All that we love becomes a part of us; our time with them has an everlasting quality that does not diminish. To love strongly is to know great sorrow, but that very love counteracts and heals grief.

All the best to you and your family at this time, etc.

Comment

• I have the FitBit Flex. I'm a little suspicious of the whole sleep thing regardless of the device - obviously it works by motion detection. What it does, of course, is record a pattern. I never really think about the alarms, although I like to set them to remind me to get up and move around at work. But I never wake up to alarms, so I'm not a good one to ask about that. Pedidoc has the jawbone up and loves it. It wasn't a possibility for me because I don't have an Apple device of any kind, and the FitBit syncs with any computer. I believe Nike also makes a device, have you looked at that one?

Comment

• Here I am at work. Just before midnight and managed to get in my 10,000 steps by doing several vigorous laps around the parking lot. I'm proud I got these in even though I had to charge the damn thing this morning (despite having charged it two days ago) and it takes 2-3 hours.

Have eaten too much, although it was all paleo and on the up-and-up. Feel very bloated! Had chicken with some veg and mango, booch, small square of chocolate. Feel yucky.

Anyone here follow Sean Croxton at Underground Wellness? He's got a summit coming up, all about food. Check it out: Underground Wellness - Holistic Health and Nutrition Information - Protandim Review. Free! I'm going to listen to as much of it as I can.

Comment

• Whew! My last hour and a half were quite eventful - a patient came in with a trach completely plugged with mucus. Quite a bit of excitement until we got the situation resolved. Got home very late - over an hour - and had some trouble winding down, but I was very tired. Didn't sleep long but I am not working tonight.

Have a little problem and it involves lack of bowel movement. Yuck. Can't wait to get this resolved!

Comment

• Not sure why I feel so guilty admitting this, but I am enjoying making pizza with the paleo bread recipe I bought. Makes really good pizza! I just made two six inch rounds and topped them with onions, olives, bacon, tomato sauce, and a little mozzarella. Really, really delicious. Nice crunchy, crispy crust that can be picked up and chomped without breaking or sagging. Making the crust with white potato yields a dough that is very easy to work with, but sweet potato IMHO makes a tastier end product although the dough is stickier and a bit tougher to handle. Both are good, though. And yes, I will admit this too - I enjoy using my old rolling pin, rolling out the dough.

Comment

• Charted my food and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm at 100g carb for the day, but lacking in protein and fat. That is really no surprise. Maybe dinner will be a can of tuna with olive oil and some spices. Have been drinking more booch the last couple of days because I realized that I can. Not feeling terribly well. Maybe just tired and have had major stress on several fronts lately. I feel kind of flu-ish, although I know that I am not getting the flu. But I am achy all over, very tired, brain is foggy, no energy. Still having the aforementioned sluggishness of the bowels.

Time to listen to some jazz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                          Anyone here follow Sean Croxton at Underground Wellness? He's got a summit coming up, all about food. Check it out: Underground Wellness - Holistic Health and Nutrition Information - Protandim Review. Free! I'm going to listen to as much of it as I can.
                          I had a look at that, looks to me like it's a paid access event this time. Did I get the wrong page? I did just download the free cookbook preview, some good looking recipes there.

And no guilt needed for your pizzas. They sound great!

edit: Oh wait, nevermind what I said above. Just read the email that says all 4 of tomorrow's presentations are online free for 24 hrs.
                          Last edited by Greensprout; 10-19-2013, 03:16 PM.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Yep, each day the presentations will be free for 24 hours. I figure I won't even be interested in all four of them so I can watch the ones I like with no problem.

In the intro video, Blondie presented five things no paleo kitchen should be without; I have four of them and the fifth I have no intention of getting (almond flour - too many PUFAs and too expensive).

To be honest, the pizzas are great.

Having some kind of allergic reaction. My left eye is almost swollen shut and I've gone through half a box of tissues. Luckily the itchiness has subsided. I took a Claritin, but I think there is a Benadryl in my future. Don't really want to go to bed yet! Damn, and I was having such a nice evening. Talked on the phone to a friend, listening to jazz, and reading Hemingway's The Old Man and the The Sea. Well, I can still have a nice evening - it will just be through one eye and with lots of sniffles.
                            Last edited by Siobhan; 10-19-2013, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• I hate to say it, but...could it be too much booch?

Comment

• I don't think I've had too much - I have just had one a day. But I think I have figured it out - it was so obvious. The book. The Old Man and the Sea, a very old library copy. When I got up this morning and saw it lying on the table, it was a 'DUH" moment.

Thanks to the Benadryl, had a kind of weird night - that kind of groggy, drugged half sleep for most of the night. I look like hell this morning, but the reaction is over. Beautiful day, and I need to get out and enjoy it.

Horrors, I think my redneck tennis racket is broken! Must get another post haste!

Comment

Working...
                                X