Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big hugs.

It's just not the right thing for you to be tackling.

Or maybe it is a lesson, in how living on the nutritional edge can hit someone. Aren't you glad that that is not your 'normal' anymore! Yay, primal!

Hope you are feeling better this morning.

Comment

• Indeed it was a sobering, enlightening, and humbling experience. I am so grateful that I can afford to purchase the food I need to feel great and be at optimum functioning levels. The brain fog and emotional dysfunction hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm glad I can come here and confess to this and not get belittled. I am feeling much better this morning and had some more turkey with butter.

It may come as a surprise, but I will continue to experiment with/eat rice and potatoes, just in small amounts and never alone.

Went to my meditation/book group and then went swimming. Did some sprints in the pool! Fun! Whew, talk about humbling. On the way home I noticed my tire pressure is low and stopped for air. Would you believe I had to teach two people - men - how to put air in their tires?!?!?!? How can they not know this? They weren't young men, either.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Glad you are feeling better. Brain fog and work are not a good pairing!
        Female 55
        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I am so fortunate that I didn't work last night after all - it would not have been acceptable. It was like fate, if you believe in such things.

Still learning the FitBit and having fun. It is charging right now. I've been posting a little on their community board, but I don't like it very much. The people here are much more fun, reasonable, and more intelligent. It's true! Of course they are all SAD and terrified of fat and eat veg even though they hate them. (Who wouldn't hate boiled cauliflower with no salt and no fat? I ask you.)

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Just got my FitBit and set it up last night. It really is set up to work with iPhones and iPads. The whole setup (apart from the charging time) was just a few minutes. So far I really like it! I did my usual walk this AM and am already up over 8,000 steps! It's really fun.

I haven't visited their community board. Like you, I like it better here!
            Height: 5' 10"
            Highest Weight: 292
            Recent Starting Weight 287
            Current weight: 244.0
            Goal weight: 195
            Body Fat 32.5%

Comment

• Cool! I wouldn't bother with the community board, to be honest. Unless there are lurkers there of a much greater quality than I have seen in the posters. It is fun to see your progress, isn't it?

Just charged mine up so I'm good for awhile. I will admit it seems it would be fun to have it in conjunction with a phone. It is really ideal for that. I keep thinking of getting an iPhone...probably won't...but an Android is a possibility...hmmmm...

Comment

• Lol I felt the same way about the iPhone, and had two Androids. But then I got talked into one (iPhone) by our IT guy and now I love it. Nice thing is it works just like the iPad, so the transition to the iPhone was pretty much instantaneous. There are one or two things I still like better about my old Droid, but the iPhone just works without many surprises.

I really like the FitBit! I'm over 12,000 steps today, I walked at lunch and apparently walk more at my job than I assumed I do! I'm also doing the food entry, which is fun, and also the sleep thing was interesting.

It seems pretty motivating! I still have my workout tonight too!
                Height: 5' 10"
                Highest Weight: 292
                Recent Starting Weight 287
                Current weight: 244.0
                Goal weight: 195
                Body Fat 32.5%

Comment

• I'm sure you have found the place where you can add your own activities - I log my swimming, natch.

I think it looks pretty cool. Someone at work asked me what it was. I told her it was a tracker for my work-release program. Unfortunately she doesn't know that deadpan irony is my speciality, and I had to quickly show her that it is a tracker, but not for prison!

Comment

• Snort*

Comment

• Slept great! Don't know if I'm working tonight, which is kind of annoying and just the kind of situation I wanted to avoid, i.e. I called one of the per diems to see if he wanted my shift, and he said maybe...I'll let you know...either way is fine, honestly, but I hate not knowing and not really knowing how to plan my morning. I got invited on a leaf peeping drive on Thursday. I said I couldn't go, but then another friend urged me to try to get off work - to enjoy the beauty of autumn and the company of friends - and I realized she was right. The leaves are wonderful and the area where we are to go is at peak, the weather will be perfect - sunny, 70's. But if can't go and I work, that is okay too. For some reason I am looking forward to work a little bit. I guess I actually like my job, although I feel weird admitting that.

Not hungry, a little headache. Had a cup of tea. Choir was trying last night, although we learned a lot and our director outdid herself on teaching us about music and how to sing. But she drills on the same 6 measures for half an hour - a bit tedious. And we never sang a single piece or movement all the way through. Well, I am there to learn, after all!

Comment

• Often times working on a small section for a lot of time is beneficial for the whole song. If you can be confident in that one section then you lead into the next with the same confidence built up. I miss doing music practices. There were some days in high school where I would have practice before classes in the morning and after school. Be at the school for 6:45AM and not leave until 5:30-6 pm. Those were the days
                        SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                        Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                        Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                        Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                        Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                        Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• So true - yet so tedious! But we will sound great in concert.

One good thing that came out of my failed Snap Challenge is Cafe Bustelo. I bought a brick of this at the dollar store because it was cheap. To my surprise it is really, really good. I make it in my Aeropress and it is as good as any coffee I have had. It is technically an espresso blend/grind, but it works fine for my purpose - a rather small, strong cup of coffee.

I will be visiting the Dollar Store regularly. Did I mention that I got a really nice pair of scrub pants for $8? Can't believe it. I would buy more but they only had one pair in my size. Would like to have a black pair as I haven't had any since I shrunk out of my old scrubs.

Comment

• I have been thinking and wondering how much I actually spend on food in a week and the sad fact is that I don't know. I'm going to make an effort to figure this out! Shouldn't really be that hard to quantify. Also thinking about things I take for granted, like the free stuff that gets handed out at work. For instance on Sunday when I went into work, there were two dozen eggs with a sign on them, "Free to a Good Home." Then a doctor called and said he had forgotten his CSA package in the fridge and would not be back for a week, would someone like it? That is a lot of high quality food. Actually enough for a week for one person with only a few small supplements. And I walked away from it all, which was foolish.

Just had a NR sausage and half an avocado. My first meal of the day has to be fat and protein heavy - very few carbs. This I know.

Comment

• Went for a long, long walk but not as long as I thought it was! Now that my distance is measured I can't falsely congratulate myself. This FitBit is definitely encouraging me to move more, walk farther. No question about it. I walked farther today along my road than I have ever walked. Not really sure why this is so, but it just is. I usually turn back at a certain causeway, but today I kept walking along to a very small pond (well, it's actually a drainage ditch, but it's a very pretty ditch) and went along a side road.

Roasted a red pepper and cut up the other one for eating raw. Need some bacon.

Comment

• One of my posts got lost!

Here I am at work. I'm afraid to report that I had some gelato. Well, I shouldn't be afraid, I should be proud. I own it! Why is that stuff so d@mn good? But now I am hungry for real. Have some work to do first, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X