No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, you can use a credit card - I did. Just click on the paypal button, and the choices will come up. Although I hasten to say I'm not really recommending it. It's good, but I'm not sure it's something I (or anyone) should be eating, certainly not regularly. Initially I was dismayed to see the recipe called for a scale - it's half metric and half American measures, which I found odd. But in the email she sends, she provides cup measures, so don't get annoyed like I did. I measured the ingredients like I always do and it came out fine.

But in the back of my mind - well, the front - I'm thinking that bread is bread even if it is not made from a grain, and it is just empty calories. I can't help but be curious. I used to love to bake so much, and I have to let that go.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I use it for crackers and for a bun for hamburgers. NomNom uses it to make a tortilla like thing.
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Still avidly reading The Paleo Manifesto. Terrific book. I hope he writes another, but I don't know how he could follow this.

Slept for nine hours solid. Nothing like a day in the sun hiking around with some water travel thrown in. The felines held their usual Grand Prix around my bedroom at dawn, but I didn't really hear it. Watched a very good program about birds and a not so good one about cruise ships (tuned out the cruise ships, to be honest. Read my book instead.)

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• BTW, it is Talk Like A Pirate Day. Aargh!

Comment

• Just had avocado-tuna mash. Delicious! I always forget how much I like tuna until I start eating it. Of course it is not good to eat it too often, and the cost of good tuna prohibits such indulgence anyway. I rolled it into nori strips. Props to Nom Nom Paleo and to Adrian for these ideas. Avocados are a gift from God. They make everything taste better.

Comment

• I'm very glad to see another avocado addict! You had canned tuna or you cooked a fresh piece?
              Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Comment

• Read about tuna on Wild Salmon | Omega-3 | Wild Seafood | Organic Foods | Vital Choice
                They only catch small ones, so no bad stuff, mercury, etc. built up in them yet.
                I buy it in packs, not cans, it's expensive but worth it to us.
                DH loves it with org celery, onion, mayo,
                I eat it plain unless I have made mayo.
                I order their sardines, too, soooo good.
                Also, their grass fed beef burgers,
                OMG, they are great.

You can google their coupon code and usually get 15% off plus free shipping.

A doctor neighbor of ours in ATL recommended vital choice to me yrs ago.
                I give their gift sets for presents at Christmas, grand reviews.

Comment

• I was wondering about the bread thing............ I think it would be fun to have once in a while - like for hamburgers.
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion
                  9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                    I'm very glad to see another avocado addict! You had canned tuna or you cooked a fresh piece?
                    I had canned tuna. (Hanging head in shame) But not so bad - see below -

Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                    Read about tuna on Wild Salmon | Omega-3 | Wild Seafood | Organic Foods | Vital Choice
                    They only catch small ones, so no bad stuff, mercury, etc. built up in them yet.
                    I buy it in packs, not cans, it's expensive but worth it to us.
                    DH loves it with org celery, onion, mayo,
                    I eat it plain unless I have made mayo.
                    I order their sardines, too, soooo good.
                    Also, their grass fed beef burgers,
                    OMG, they are great.

You can google their coupon code and usually get 15% off plus free shipping.

A doctor neighbor of ours in ATL recommended vital choice to me yrs ago.
                    I give their gift sets for presents at Christmas, grand reviews.
                    Wow, that looks spectacular! I love fish but even here is it hard to get really good quality, except for haddock. I have been buying Welcome to Wild Planet - Wild Planet Foods canned tuna as it meets a lot of the criteria that a hipster paleo nut looks for. I was horrified to find out that many seabirds were being killed along with the tuna, but weighted lines prevent most of that. And of course it helps that it tastes terrific.

Originally posted by tomi View Post
                    I was wondering about the bread thing............ I think it would be fun to have once in a while - like for hamburgers.
                    Yeah, I have to admit it is nice to have it for once in a while. It looks like regular bread, just like a regular roll, and didn't provoke any uncomfortable questions when I sat down to eat at a picnic table with several other people.

Funny how people perceive food. Yesterday I had an apple and a banana, which I consider quite an indulgence because I love them both so much. Apples are pretty much my favorite food, even when I was SAD, and bananas are like dessert. I brought them both because I figured I could eat a lot of carb with all of the hiking. I am now branded as a health nut despite the liverwurst. Also, I made the mistake of pointing out that the first ingredient on the granola bars that were being handed out is...wait for it...sugar. Basically if I'm gonna eat sugar, I'm gonna eat sugar and not pretend it's healthy. Okay, that is quite enough judgment from me today.

Well, I did it. Ordered the FitBit. Got the Flex that you wear on your wrist. Reading Durant's book totally sold me on movement and just simply moving more - not that I needed much selling. It is so obvious. In addition to tracking my movement, it will remind me to move. Also I can use it as an alarm. Interested in the sleep tracker function also. I can certainly look for patterns that will help me stay healthy and happy on the night shift.

Comment

• Do you think I can get my felines to chomp on these? Wild Salmon Skin Pet Chews - 3.5 oz - Pet Products

Judy, that company is amazing! I want everything! Salmon bacon! Tea!

Comment

• I bet your kitkats would love them.
                        Our mutts love the jerky but they love anything edible.
                        Especially the baby squirrel yesterday.
                        I came close to vomiting.
                        Very close. As I was picking up what was left of it,
                        Apologizing for my devil dogs.

Comment

• Oh dear! Nature is kind of graphic sometimes, isn't it? I remember once...you might not want to read on...my cats had killed some mice, 3 or 4 of them, and left them lined up near the door so I would see them when I came home from work. I donned some gloves and got a newspaper to dispose them and...one wasn't dead...crawled piteously when I touched it...still have bad flashbacks, I'm such a wimp. However, the cats are usually very good about killing the mice very quickly, very humanely.

Comment

• Yep, they were little gifts for you from your grateful kids

I saw a strange cat in the yard a few months back, looked skinny, took it out some dry food.
                            He ate & was gone. Not even an hr went by and I nearly stepped out on a dead bird,
                            looked around and there at the corner of the yard was the cat. Grateful.

Comment

• It's like they think we are too feeble to hunt for ourselves and they have to do it for us!

Comment

• You know, I think I would like the pet chews - they sound pretty good! Salmon skin...mmmm...

Here I am at work. Yee-haw. My posts will probably be very boring if past history repeats itself. I just don't have anything interesting to say when I'm here.

Comment

Working...
                                X