No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swooning over my homemade booch - I opened a peach. (Actually meant to grab a ginger, but wasn't careful.) So good! Not very fizzy, though, not like my first batch. It didn't explode out of the jar when I opened it! I used black tea, raspberry, and yerba mate for the brew. Liking my choice!

Ex just called and asked if I want to go camping at Acadia National Park. Um...yeah!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Yogabare posted this on Graycat's journal; it's too good not to steal:

Tim.jpg

And it ties in with my post above.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Went to the pool and had a grand time. New swimsuit arrived in the mail! It is a two-piece tank and it is great. It comes very close to the performance and look of a one-piece, but is obviously much more convenient. A game-changer! I got it for a great price. Now that I have it in my hands and see how complicated the construction is, I see why it is so expensive.

I've got a batch of Practical Paleo apple-and-egg muffins in the oven right. Will let you know how they come out.

Comment

• When people nowadays make comments about why I eat this or don't eat that I now just reply, "Yeah, eating that made me fat for the first 50 years of my life so I've stopped." Now I've lost enough weight for that to mean something. Generally the conversation about that topic ends right there.

Once though, my cousin said, "but you're not fat anymore!"

To which I replied, "right!"
          Height: 5' 10"
          Starting Weight: 292
          Starting Primal Weight: 275
          Current weight: 224
          Goal weight: 172
          Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Good for you! Somehow I think you are funnier than I am and are able to deliver these lines better!

I give the apple-egg muffins a meh. They are really bland. Need a lot more spices. If I made them again I would put in some serious apple-pie type spices. They look pretty, though. I wonder if I could turn them into something else?
            Last edited by Siobhan; 08-19-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Siobhan;1285413]
              Someone made a snarky comment about my 'allergy' when they saw me eating chopped liver with a spoon instead of a cracker. (Homemade, really, really good. Made by a Greek lady.) To be honest, I'm tired of these comments and problems. I think I'm going to become a hermit eater and just not eat in public. I have not the slightest desire to eat the usual junk that everyone else is shoveling down. I was really happy with the smoked mussels, salmon, chopped liver, and shrimp. Didn't need crackers and corn chips.
              /QUOTE]

You know what, you shouldn't be bothered. These people that make these comments probably would benefit from a change in there eating habits but don't have the self control that you do. Just be proud of yourself that your not so weak of mind that you eat like your peers. Don't be ashamed of the good foods you eat. Your doing whats best for you. Their ignorant chatter isn't worth your time or effort!

Em
              "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• ^ what she said!!! That person has no class at all!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                  Hello, I have read through your entire journal - but i am not a stalker I have just begun my primal path and am so encouraged by your progress. I thoroughly enjoy your writing style and love the stories of your kitties. I wanted to comment on the statin article. I was on statins and took myself off after researching the products. I informed my doctor and she said she wasn't worried that I was no longer taking them. I had an appointment with my endocrinologist and also informed him. He ran my weight, blood pressure, etc in an app he had on his iPhone and said I had a 2 percent chance of heart attack from his perspective and said not to worry about it. I had been having many muscle cramps, joint pain, etc. I really believe I was one of the patients who had no reason to be on them except for high cholesterol. Sorry this is so long, I'm just tired of Big Pharm pushing pills and not providing an alternative solution for a correctable problem - which usually is loosing weight, exercise and adopting a healthy lifestyle.

Comment

• Hello, i just posted reply to the statin article but do not know where it went. I pushed the wrong response button. This is the first reply I have tried to do on MDA. I really enjoy your journal and your journey. You are an inspiration and being a 53 myself, I am so encouraged this is double. I am using a couple of the recipes you gave posted in your journal - Tibetan Momos...I am making into meatballs and the mango zucchini. I can't wait for dinner this evening.

My idea regarding fear based anything - Fear controls the masses.

Comment

• Thank you so much, Kimmy! I wish you much luck on your primal journey. And you can stalk me here whenever you want to, I'm always rambling on about something.

Hey, did anyone miss me?!?! I've been off on an exciting adventure! Camping in Acadia National Park! It was fantabuloulistic!!!! I did not want to come home, despite being dirtier and grubbier than I've ever been. Yesterday I walked up Cadillac Mountain! I did! I swam in the ocean, slept outside under the stars, cooked steak over an open fire. Slept absolutely fantastically, woke up at dawn raring to go. Needless to say I practically passed out both nights between 9 and 10 PM!

Cadillac Mountain - the highest peak on the Atlantic Coast - lookee here - Cadillac Mountain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

• Glad you had a good time on the camping trip! Sounds totally primal in every way! How was the time with the ex?
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                          Thank you so much, Kimmy! I wish you much luck on your primal journey. And you can stalk me here whenever you want to, I'm always rambling on about something.

Hey, did anyone miss me?!?! I've been off on an exciting adventure! Camping in Acadia National Park! It was fantabuloulistic!!!! I did not want to come home, despite being dirtier and grubbier than I've ever been. Yesterday I walked up Cadillac Mountain! I did! I swam in the ocean, slept outside under the stars, cooked steak over an open fire. Slept absolutely fantastically, woke up at dawn raring to go. Needless to say I practically passed out both nights between 9 and 10 PM!

Cadillac Mountain - the highest peak on the Atlantic Coast - lookee here - Cadillac Mountain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                          I did miss you.
                          Glad you had fun.
                          Ex is a sweetie.

Comment

• So much to say about my trip but no time right now, am off to work. Ex and I had a great time. We kid each other about our character flaws knowing full well that nothing will change. I can really tell him just about anything because it just doesn't matter. You know what I mean? Want to get the details of my trip down before I forget them, maybe later - gotta go!

Comment

• Cadillac Mountain looks lovely. It must be really nice to have such a wonderful relationship with an ex.

Comment

• Your trip sounds amazing. WHat a primal vacation
                                Annie Ups the Ante
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Working...
                                X