No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't actually know anything about this product, just ran across it, but I think I need it too:

OXO Good Grips® 4-Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set Clear - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

The thing is, I will have to actually go through my stuff and GET RID OF STUFF I don't use/need/like.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
      Yes, they are pricey! But indestructible and they don't stain, one piece so no icky mold - as long as you don't lose it, you will have it for life!
      I got lime green. If it works out well I will start adding and get rid of other spatulas and spoons.
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

I don't actually know anything about this product, just ran across it, but I think I need it too:

OXO Good Grips® 4-Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set Clear - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

The thing is, I will have to actually go through my stuff and GET RID OF STUFF I don't use/need/like.
        Those little beakers are CUTE!! I was just at zappos yesterday ordering a pair of mephisto allrounders and this morning's email says they've already shipped, fab service!!

You do need your own blog, you would be great, and I'm not just saying that~

Comment

• I added a red spatula.. Red is my secondary color..My kitchen is industrial with granite (gray, white, little black), stainless, white cabinets and pale yellow walls, so I want this little table Amazon.com: Home Collection 30-Inch Loft Group Distressed Wheel Table, Yellow: Home & Kitchen. I love the lettering on it and really love the wheel look. I want a coffee table with wheels on it but nothing really wrong, per DH, with the one we have.

Comment

• That is great! Your kitchen sounds lovely. Tell the DH that you can make some poorer person very happy by donating your current table to a charity shop and so provide opportunities and jobs for others by purchasing a new wheeled table. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You should have a blog!

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I am such a doof. Just washed all my new canning jars that are destined to have kombucha in them. Why do I find this fun? Considering going to the farmers market and getting some organic berries to make into puree for flavoring. Although the whole fruit works fine, I'll bet puree will work better.

This week is passing in sort of surreal haze as I either have a rehearsal, performance, or work for something like ten days. I am getting plenty of rest and eating well. Dress rehearsal last night was a bit different as we had to stand for over two hours, something that is hard even on healthy folk like me. (Standing is much harder than walking - if we walked for two hours it would be a piece of cake.) A few people faded and had to just sit on the floor at some point. They will be okay when we are performing, though, as the adrenaline of the performance kicks in. I was tired at the end, and made a mistake which the owl-eared director immediately picked up on and pointed out to my great embarrassment. That's okay, I am woman enough to own my mistake. I won't do it again.

Okay, I'm going to complain a little. Why, oh why oh why does my landlord have to slam the garage door? You ladies with teenagers, can you relate? But he's not a teenager, he's an octogenarian.

Comment

• (he's also a jerk)

Speaking of standing, it is hard but especially good for ya, something about widening your arteries.

Will someone record your performance, please?

It is raining cats and dogs here in the sweet, sunny south today.

Comment

• Oh yes, the performance will be recorded. I'll post it when I get it.

We've had a very nice stretch of weather, thankfully the heat wave of July is just a bad memory. Unfortunately I forgot to water my plants. Ooops. I hope they recover.

Investigated my bottled kombucha this afternoon. I am confused on one point. I remove it from the large container after the first fermentation and bottle it with fruit, etc. Then I let it sit out for a couple more days to get fizzy. Should I decant it again before putting it in the refrigerator? I opened a bottle of peach booch and did I ever have fizz! Maybe too much fizz. It tastes great, but I could hardly open it! Took me about five minutes of gradually letting the pressure release. I don't want any explosions. It seems like I will lose the fizz if I decant it before refrigeration, but...but...I don't know.

Comment

• I have no suggestions to offer, as I'm following your kombucha adventures with great interest. I need to give that a go at some point. I did see a gallon sized glass jar recently for about $8 at a discount store, I should probably pick it up. And start saving bottles.

Anyone know how long homemade booch lasts once bottled and refrigerated? I know, sounds silly as it should be consumed, but if I do this soon, I'm away for much of Sept and would hate to go through the effort and have it spoil...
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• It lasts a long, long time. Once it is refrigerated it becomes smoother and better tasting with time. A month is fine.

The main issue would be keeping your scoby alive, but a month isn't too long. You could simply leave it for a month and add some sugar from time to time, and then just throw away the batch when you are ready to start up again. Or if you will be around every week or so and can bottle the booch, it would be no problem.

Comment

• Hmmm... food for thought. I may look more at this next week when I'm off, though I'd have to start with a scoby from a commercial bottle as amazon doesn't deliver any food products to Canada .
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Yeah, those scobys are seriously dangerous stuff!

Sippin' on a homebrew right now! Lovin' life!

Comment

Sippin' on a homebrew right now! Lovin' life!
                            Plain or with adult beverage added?
                            Female 55
                            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• No just plain, I'm at work. One of the good things about kombucha is that I have pretty much lost my taste for alcohol. If I have a choice between a glass of wine and a glass of booch, the booch wins. The irony is that until I started making my own, the wine was a much cheaper option!

Comment

• Forget to mention that I went for a walk today because it was so beautiful outside and then I went swimming. The pool was blessedly uncrowded and the locker room very clean. Slept well last night and again this afternoon. Made tomato soup with bone broth and some farmers market tomatoes and put leftover meatloaf in it. Also got a grass-fed hanger steak, beets, baby potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X