No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think your easy days are my hard days! I feel like I have been doing nothing anyway. Haven't done anything constructive for awhile.

You know what I feel like doing? I feel like going to LL Bean!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post

That could be dangerous...........
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

My back is already feeling better, and is obviously just a little strain. I am being very careful, though, because I know how these back things can go. I can't take a bath, I don't have a bathtub.

Physical damage is normally not covered by warranty, and dealers are pretty savvy about the condition of the roads here. Pretty much everyone damages their car and/or tires at some point. I try to be very careful, but once in a while these things jump out and bite. Alignments aren't covered by warranty for certain - I had already asked about that previously.

Well, it is the hottest part of the day. I went to the beach, and it was low tide and extremely crowded to boot. Not really very nice. I didn't stay long, but I went in the water. It is unbelievably warm. This is Maine. We're not supposed to be able to wade out into the water and not even be able to tell we are in up to our shoulders because it is so warm. Wonder what this is doing to the sea life? Came home and the kitchen is bearable and the rest of the place is baking hot. The weather people keep promising us a thunderstorm but it never comes. Tonight I hope.

I took the opportunity to have sweet potato fries since I can turn on the oven. Mmmmmm mmmmm mmmm. Also had a banana today, so it's been a carb frenzy. I have a little steak and brussels sprouts if I feel like having dinner, or maybe some tuna salad. Not hungry though, so we'll see.
        Good to hear the back is healing.......

bummer on the car --- pitfalls of owning a car, huh?

The weather there sounds dreadful! Its been really hot in Oregon, but normal for the time of year. We do get nice cool nights that cool down the house and make the mornings almost chilly. By noon its starting to heat up again. Be careful going in the odd warm waters - I've been seeing reports of sharks going as far up as Maine in these odd Atlantic heat spells. They will go where ever the water is warm enough and the food is plentiful enough. And they don't discriminate on whats on the menu! if it moves, its food.

Do you have a bbq grill? when its hot out we do most of our cooking on the grill. We have both gas and brickette. For any kind of potato/yam/sweet - we cut them up into fry sized pieces, wrap them in foil with butter and seasoning and put them on the bbq for about 20 minutes. YUMMY! Use double foil - or use the heavy duty stuff. Even a small grill will be big enough to cook the bag of spuds and a burger or steak so the meal all gets done together. You can do the same with any other type of veggie. And the bonus is that the parts that touch the foil usually get a yummy char to them! I love that part.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Retail Therapy! Perfect for ennui!
          Height: 5' 10"
          Starting Weight: 292
          Starting Primal Weight: 275
          Current weight: 224
          Goal weight: 172
          Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• have you even considered doing this to meet new people? I have no idea if its a good thing or not - but the commercials make it look fun and exciting. My son was considering it as meeting new people is really hard for him - not your problem I know, but you might check it out for something out of the ordinary.
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Well, I didn't go to LL Bean. Yes, that would be dangerous. Have you ever been there? It is a seriously cool place. I have considered trying to get a job there, but apparently everyone has to start at rock bottom, in the warehouse, and I wouldn't make any decent money. But it's just a cool hangout place. The employees are great, they work in departments they know about, they are passionate about whatever it is. So if you go to the camping department, trust me, the staff will know all about the equipment. They don't try to get you to buy stuff. There are sofas and chairs all over to relax in, a coffee shop. Books. Aquariums, displays all over with cool stuff. I would, of course, be happy to work all night. Can't imagine that is all too popular. I'd love it. Helping someone pick out a new wardrobe at 3 AM. That would be so cool.

But I did go hang out on the library lawn. Lots of people do that, it's not as weird as it sounds. Didn't watch a vid though, I talked with some people I know, watched some guys playing hacky sack (Europeans, wicked good of course), read for awhile. Went to the used bookstore. Walked around. It was nice. I feel better.

Got some ribs cooking away. Mmm mmm ain't that sum'pin!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Well. I just ate an entire rack of ribs. Sucked on the bones, too.

Comment

• MDA needs a "like" button! ^like that!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hacky-sack! When I was in College (Hampshire College -1981) I was among the first guys in Western Mass to own an official hacky-sack. My then girlfriend, now ex-wife saw me playing it with guys from California in the quad and found head shop on the west coast that was willing to sell her one and ship it across the country (a thing unheard of back then). I got real good at it (still am). I gave that foot bag to Middlest some years ago.

SWMBO got tired of me bragging about my skills and saw some young guys playing while we were on vacation a couple of years back, and challenged me to join them and prove that I was telling the truth. I did! I joined the circle and all the boys looked at me like "Oh God, what is this Geezer doing!!" But etiquette is that the circle is open to all and they served me. My first few returns were competent but uninspired, but after a few minutes I hit my stride and impressed the boys and even SWMBO (no easy task, that!)

I'll have to find a new one somewhere... It was great exercise, fun, social, and Primal!
                    Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• video please!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• David, you need a hacky sack for sure! I tried it once, I was hopeless.

Choir was fun even though we got a royal chewing out for not being more prepared. Well-deserved reprimand, I must say. We need to work harder. The concert is roaring down on us and we aren't even close to ready.

Speaking of royal, how about that new heir to the throne? Kate done good! I have to admit I find it very nice and also sobering. I probably will not see that baby become king in my lifetime. William will most probably outlive me. Hell, CHARLES will probably outlive me. I wouldn't put it past the Queen to outlive me. That is one long-lived family.

That rack of ribs was pretty satisfying, no desire to chow after choir. Which is good. And I have to go to bed, prayer/book group tomorrow.
                        Last edited by Siobhan; 07-22-2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Dragged myself out of bed at 6 AM to go to my group, but I'm glad I did. Slept all night in my cave. Today is cool and rainy. I am so happy! I love cool rain. Went to the grocery store and picked up a big pack of chicken drumsticks and a chuck roast. Both will be cooked up today, taking care of protein for the next few days.

Maybe I should try hacky sack again. Maybe I have magically acquired some sort of skill and/or coordination that I did not possess in my youth. You think?

Comment

• You never know! I took to it right away. It's funny (ironic) how I could have forgotten something that for some time had been a big part of my youth.
                            Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• I haven't seen a hacky sack circle since highschool. I definitely think you should give it a go. At worst it's a 10$ venture
                              SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                              Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                              Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                              Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                              Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                              Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Okay, I'm looking for a hacky sack. Those boys had great legs. Hah!

Oven is loaded with many drumsticks and beef chuck with marrow bones. I hope the bones will elevate the flavor to celestial heights. There is, however, no control, so I won't really know. Obviously all of the marrow cooks out and will become part of the sauce.

No slow cooker yet When I get it, I will probably make a big batch of bone broth right away. I am considering taking the little cheap one to work. Maybe it is crazy, but after all I am there for 12 hours. I could put all sorts of things in there to cook. It would be very awkward to do any real finishing to a dish, but I could cook pork chops, chicken breasts, soup, all sorts of things. At work we have only a microwave, not even a toaster oven and cooking things from scratch in a microwave just doesn't do it for me. I mean, you can put a raw pork chop in a microwave and it will cook, but really...and the little slow cooker will be easy to hide away when I'm not there.

Am experimenting with chili peppers. The drumsticks are loaded with the stuff. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X