• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome home!
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I'm glad for you that the visit was successful, and the homecoming joyous. The Primal parent blog has an interesting post on how her emotions changed after she became more of a pure (and carniverous) eater. She still HAS emotions, but she felt as though she were able to shrug off the bad ones. She thinks (if I remember correctly) that modern foods really jack our brain chemistry around.

Comment

• I think you and the blogger are absolutely correct. I have experienced a major mood shift - for the better - since going primal. I think the combination of modern food and too many carbs wreak havoc with our brains. My brain is much happier on fat. I find I am able to think clearly and put things into perspective even in the heat of the moment, i.e. when my sister says for the fourth time in fifteen minutes, "Of course you live in a frozen backwater, you wouldn't understand," or something along those lines. (She has never been here.) I'm able to let these comments just go by, and see them for what they are - that weird competition that her life is better than mine or whatever.
        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Well, this morning I decided to attack the clogged bathroom sink. An unfortunate side effect of using coconut oil to brush my teeth, and also as a facial cleanser. Must think about this. The sink has been very, very, very slow and getting sllllloooowwwer, so I poured drain stuff down it, let it sit for the required time, and plunged away. Despite bringing up copious amounts of extremely foul black stuff liberally laced with hair (mine), I have succeeded in totally stopping the drain. I need to go out and get some more drain stuff, much as I hate the stuff. It is a rainy, stormy morning, thunder, lightning, torrential downpours. I have been enjoying a quite morning with a fire in the woodstove, pots of tea, duck eggs. Now I need to stir myself and get this problem solved.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• M'dear! I don't think drain stuff will do saturated fat- same reason why oil doesn't go down the drain. Your best luck will be boilding hot water to help melt the fat... Give it 5-10 then plunge to no end once your confident some of it has melted.
            SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
            Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
            Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
            Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
            Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
            Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• You can also try that orange degreaser stuff. Pour a cupful down the drain once each week. Bonus: it smells better than Drano/Liquid Plumber.

Comment

• You can get a manual 10ft drain snake for about $15.00 at Home Depot. It should take care of the clog. It's nasty work but likely a big greasy hairball is the culprit. I have to do it about once a year thanks to SWMBO and her long hair.
                Height: 5' 10"
                Starting Weight: 292
                Starting Primal Weight: 275
                Current weight: 224
                Goal weight: 172
                Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• boiling water and dishwasher powder would probably cut through the gunk. I'd pour about 1/2 cup of dishwasher powder and let it sit for a couple hours......... then do the boiling water rinse.
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion
                  9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I am happy to report the drain is unclogged and the sink is clean as a whistle. (What does that even mean? Are whistles particularly hygienic?) And thank you all for your suggestions, I will be employing all of them from now on. I won't let the drain get so bad again, it was foolish of me to wait until it was almost totally clogged. I need to be more diligent about removing my own long hair, and I need to degrease it regularly with something nontoxic. Good thing I kind of like doing stuff like unclogging drains. (Yes, but you already knew that I am somewhat weird in a totally good way of course.) I guess I just like doing things that have a definite, immediate, unequivocal result even if they are yucky.

Had my current favorite meal - herbed goat cheese wrapped in prosciutto, lightly sauteed until warm through and crispy outside. Also some canary melon, which has survived a week in my refrigerator.

Oboe is helping me type this, so I hope I'm not making too many mistakes. He likes to lick my hands while I am typing. Perhaps this has something to do with eating prosciutto with my hands. Yes, I wash them afterwards. Cats are exquisitely sensitive and discerning creatures.

Work tonight and for once I am pretty happy to go back. Being away made me realize what a wonderful life I have here. I complain about my job but really it is pretty sweet. And I am liked and appreciated - I can say this without blushing as I have worked hard to make it so.

Thunderstorm continues - torrential rain off and on. I hope the roads don't flood!

Comment

• I'm going home today and making some of that prosciutto and goat cheese whatever you wanna call it. Sounds delicious!

What was the method for the tap? I also have long hair so I always like to hear other's solutions
                      SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                      Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                      Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                      Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Upon going to the store, I found a drain opener that claimed to degrease AND included a small plastic snake for $5. I bought two just in case. After 30 minutes it had done its magic and the sink was empty. I flushed it thoroughly with hot water, snaked it, plunged it. Brought up a large amount of gelatinous black stuff. It is running freely now. I have placed a stack of paper towels (wasteful, yes I know) next to the sink for wiping out my hair, particularly after brushing, styling, etc. I have been really lax about that. I'm going to get some of that orange degreaser stuff and put it down once a week or so to keep the coconut oil at bay.

Comment

• Congratulations on the plumbing success!
                          Height: 5' 10"
                          Starting Weight: 292
                          Starting Primal Weight: 275
                          Current weight: 224
                          Goal weight: 172
                          Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Well, here I am at work. Things have picked up considerably, which is good! Lots to do and I am making myself useful. Only thing is that I have eaten too much. So hungry! Now I feel kind of weird. Too many carbs. Not bad ones - just too many.

Comment

• For that weird gucky stuff in the pipes I use baking soda and vinegar on a regular basis. Works like a charm.
                              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• The baking soda/vinegar combo works for me too.
                                Glad your trip was what you'd hoped for, Sio, to see your mom and stay primal.
                                It's always wonderful to come back home to your loved ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X