No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for that, I will check it out! I am posting this from my Kindle Fire so please excuse the mistakes. Am at my mom's house with a couple of sisters, a brother, and a niece. Food situation is horrible but I am staying as primal as I can. Subsisting on bulletproof coffee, blueberries, and ham. Of course they all think I am insane. Funny I am the only one who doesn't limp, is of normal weight, and isn't running around like a crazy person. I should not judge though, it isn't their fault. I am horribly trapped indoors with no chance of exercise, which is excruciating for me. I am used to being very active and moving and there is just nowhere. But it is only for a few days so I will shut up now.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Ah, hang in there! You're tough enough to make it through the crazy time! I can relate to feeling so closed in and trapped with nowhere to get outside - and good on you for sticking to your guns with the blueberries and ham and coffee! I am sure they think you are crazy , we of course know that you are, but it is the same crazy as us now isn't it? Maybe eventually they will notice that you are healthy and happy ... but with family don't hold your breath!
      Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
      Primal low: 186 lbs
      Current weight: 221.4 lbs
      Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I know that feeling. I went to the Outlaws for the first time since Easter and everyone noticed I'd lost weight. Then they proceeded to tease me about not eating this food or that food, while they're overweight and diabetic.

Blueberries and ham sound great by the way! :-)

I've been being really careful about clean eating lately so when I go to visit folks who don't eat cleanly, I have a sense of unease, even if I pick my way to the most Primal alternatives I can find among the slops.

Fortunately it's only for awhile!

:-)
        Height: 5' 10"
        Starting Weight: 292
        Starting Primal Weight: 275
        Current weight: 224
        Goal weight: 172
        Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Run around like the other crazy people - you will get some exercise and fit in better!
          Female 55
          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I'm doing laps around the kitchen! Just got almost physically assaulted for refusing a watermelon flavored Oreo cookie.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Hee hee hee - that sounds aweful!!! If you do enough laps maybe the other person will give up and assault someone else with the Oreo's!!
              Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
              Primal low: 186 lbs
              Current weight: 221.4 lbs
              Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                Just got almost physically assaulted for refusing a watermelon flavored Oreo cookie.
                Doesn't even sound good!
                Female 55
                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Nasty, vile sounding stuff. Does it really exist

Seriously?!?
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I am serious about the watermelon. Oreos! Can you believe it? The word is they are vile, which doesn't stop anyone from pushing them on me.

I went outside in the tiny patch of grass in my bare feet, was berated for doing so. Apparently one can catch TB or something. That is nothing compared to the furor over my putting butter in my coffee. There is only skim milk here. Okay, I will stop complaining now.

It is my mom's birthday and I want to make it a good one.

Comment

• Go barefoot more... people will just accept it. I drive to work barefoot and put my shoes on when I get there. I go to church barefoot. I mix music barefoot...

I attempt grocery stores- but they tend to kick me out....

Oh! I market barefoot! and cut the grass barefoot. Walk and jog barefoot... all of it! and I love it!
                      SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                      Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                      Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                      Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• So true! Two and a half million years of evolution can't be wrong.

Got the food thing down here. Luckily there are a lot of veg here. Veg and pork roast.
                        Last edited by Siobhan; 06-25-2013, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• I go barefoot a lot too . But I do put on my huaraches when grocery shopping, because the produce and meat section are just too cold for my feet . I wear merrell's Live zest glove for work and pace glove for CrossFit and XeroShoes huaraches for all other occasions where it is socially unacceptable to walk barefoot
                          My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                          My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                          Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                          Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Whew! What a week it was. Am home again! Arrived at 2 AM and received rapturous greeting from cats. I almost cried I was so happy. Everything was perfect, the friend who looked after the cats did a wonderful job.

The trip home took all my primal skills to endure. Five hour delay on the flight. Keep in mind the flight itself is only two hours. Then a two hour bus trip home and another hour drive. I was very happy I had taken the bus as I was so tired I could not have driven the whole way. I am just small enough to curl up like a snail and lay across two seats, so I did so and slept all the way from Boston to Portland. Then I was awake enough to drive home on a very dark and foggy night. It is blessedly cool here. I nearly roasted to death at my mom's house. The combination of heat, humidity, and overcast skies was enough to drive anyone nuts. Stayed primal the whole time! I felt a little guilty about not eating my mom's birthday cake, but I joined them with a 70% chocolate bar. Of course there were many comments about my eating 'all that meat' - funny thing is that I subsisted on large amounts of green salad and various vegetables and some berries, with some roast pork on the side.

Must go pick up my mail.

Comment

• Welcome home! It's funny how you can be fully grown, independent and fully your own person and ten minutes with your family and you feel the need to justify every decision you ever made!

It actually is very charming (to me) to have a group of people who have always been there and who have seen you grow. Of course it would be great if they accepted us unconditionally always, but they don't. I'm always happy to visit my family, and then always happy to come home again.

Of course working with relatives (cousins) blurs the line somewhat, but it's different with your nuclear family.
                              Height: 5' 10"
                              Starting Weight: 292
                              Starting Primal Weight: 275
                              Current weight: 224
                              Goal weight: 172
                              Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Yes, this visit went relatively well. I have an odd relationship with my oldest sister - we seem to have some sort of weird competition going on between us, at least on her part. The last couple of times I have gone to visit family, I have had a bit of a meltdown. (Hanging head in shame) Yes, I have ended up sitting on the floor in the bathroom weeping like a child. But not this time. Not even close. Everything just rolled off. I probably shouldn't take all the credit, but I just didn't get bothered about things on this visit. There were extenuating factors - the Stanley Cup finals occupied a lot of time and provided a release for emotions, etc. My nephew was there, and as we don't know him very well (long story) we were on our best behavior. Anyway, it was good.

It is so nice to be home! Home! Home! Home! Went to the farmers market and got some brats made from pastured pork, some ground veal (humanely raised, etc. - they have pics), some goat cheese, pastured turkey, strawberries, zucchini. Am going to a party tonight, so I picked up some conventional shrimp at the store - I have found that is a good thing to take to these sorts of things. Everyone loves it and I can eat it and there are no embarrassing questions. I also got a package of rice crackers to take. That way I can eat stuff that is primal but can't be gotten into my mouth easily. I am hoping for chopped liver. There is a guy coming to the party who makes terrific stuff. He was happy to share his recipe and there is nothing bad in it.

It was so nice to wake up surrounded by felines this morning. I missed them so much. It is good for me to have them around, because it takes me out of myself. Obviously they have to be cared for on a constant basis. That's the thing about animals. The constancy and routine are almost like a meditation. And the reward in seeing them happy and healthy, playing and running around, sleeping in the sun.

Whew.

Comment

Working...
                                X