No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love to find a source of farm raised chickens for us - but the cost is usually 3-4 times that of store bought. My conscience hasn't beat me up enough to make me stop buying from the store. I know they are trapped in cages and force-fed all kinds of junk --- I should really put more effort into my hunt.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I always feel like poultry is one of the 'dirtiest' meats, despite CW that it is healthy. It can't be eaten raw and you are supposed to treat it like toxic waste, being super careful about washing everything it touches, etc. The pH is scary. And let's face it, it is full of veins and tendons and weird looking stuff. And some paleo sources recommend limiting poultry because of the fats (I think it is the type of fat.)

Can't wait to get home! And sleep!
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• We've gone from eating mostly chicken and ground turkey to grass fed beef and pork. I'm not a big chicken breast fan anyway, i prefer thighs.
        Female 55
        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Yeah, I don't really eat chicken all that often, but Boy likes it and SWMBO prefers it over Beef and Pork. The article was interesting, and I will seek out local farms and buy in quantity when it is a little cheaper.

My nephew has a small farm and will be raising thanksgiving turkeys this year. If that pans out he may get into chickens too. I am hoping that will become a future source. He just bought a breeding pair of heritage pigs as well so I am hoping for pork too! But in any case I'm going to try my luck at the farmers' markets for a local poultry farm.
          Height: 5' 10"
          Starting Weight: 292
          Starting Primal Weight: 275
          Current weight: 224
          Goal weight: 172
          Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• In the last year our little farmers market has exploded with local meats - the demand is really increasing around here. Makes me very happy! Most of the farms have open days where you can go and see how the animals are raised, what they eat, and how they are treated. I'll bet your nephew will do very well with his turkeys. Has he thought about ducks? Some types of duck eggs command astonishing prices.

Today is my birthday! Happy birthday to me! I sat on the rock in the meadow, how lucky I am! Lupines everywhere, wildflowers running amok. I made nom nom paleo's Asian Fried Cauliflower for my dinner. Added scallops and prosciutto. Also enjoyed a nice glass of red and three squares of dark chocolate with orange peel, my current favorite.

Glad to be finished with that stretch of work. It was grueling. Hard enough to work five nights in a row, but with no notice or preparation is doubly hard. Last night was very busy which was probably good in the long run. Slept well, nice and quiet! Choir practice tonight.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Hope you had the most happy birthday Siobahn! The fried cauliflower does sound like a lovely idea.
              If you have a few minutes- please take a look at my story, in my journal
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87400.html
              I do warn you, I am a copious writer.

Comment

• It's one of my staples: Asian Cauliflower Fried Rice | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo. And yes, it is just as good heated up later on. Strict paleo also, if you watch the kind of fish sauce you use.

Comment

• Happy birthday Siobhan.
                  Female 55

Comment

• Happy Birthday!
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion
                    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Happy Birthday!!! (Tomorrow is mine

Comment

• Happy Birthday to you
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• It's Winencandy's daughter's birthday too.
                          Female 55

Comment

• It's a Birthdaypalooza!

Comment

• Happy Birthday!!!
                              Height: 5' 10"
                              Starting Weight: 292
                              Starting Primal Weight: 275
                              Current weight: 224
                              Goal weight: 172
                              Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• After talking briefly to an old friend (he was at work), I was asleep by 11. Woke up briefly at 4:30 AM because it was light and because the felines were singing the songs of their tribe in the hopes of being fed...or something. After feeding them and finding my sleeping mask, I went back to sleep until 8. Heaven!

Remains of my modest birthday celebration litter the place - a few cards strewn about, a couple of books (anyone who knows me even slightly knows to give me a book), lime green wrapping paper that the cats had their way with. I am enjoying puttering about the place and doing small domestic chores. Potted up my two tomatoes, put some birdseed on the railing in the hopes of attracting some songbirds to the balcony, cleaned a bit, cooked and ate an omelet with spicy beef inside, had two cups of tea (different kinds), put in some laundry, sprinkled catnip all over the floor for the boys (very successful entertainment for all of us), washed dishes, put a few things away. I'd like to get this place shipshape so I can enjoy nice surroundings for my days off. Also because it is just nice to be able to do things. And I'd like to get to the pool today.

It is overcast and cool, we are supposed to get quite a rainstorm. I am looking forward to this!

And much thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! June is a very popular month for birthdays - which means that September and October are popular months for other things...

Comment

Working...
                                X