No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear your mind and think of this: A sun-filled meadow falling down to the sea. Lupines, buttercups, and daisies carpet the hillside, swaying in the breeze. Mature trees, linden and birch and maple, dot the meadow. Birdsong fills the air. Sunlight dances off the water. A woman sits on an outcropping of granite ledge, rock nearly as old as the earth itself. Nothing exists but this.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• nice

Comment

• Beautiful.

Comment

• Makes me want to bail from work and just go find a warm rock by the water to lay on... like a lizard... mmm... take me there!
          SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
          Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
          Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
          Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Peaceful.
            Height: 5' 10"
            Starting Weight: 292
            Starting Primal Weight: 275
            Current weight: 224
            Goal weight: 172
            Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• I love that image! There is place on the Oregon coast that is very much like that. I was there when I was 18 years old - and to this day when I need to meditate on something peaceful - that's where my mind goes. The place is called Cascade Head if you want to look it up.
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Nice to see all my primal friends here!

The last week has been crazy. First my sister and BIL were here, then a couple friends showed up and stayed for a few days, then back to work and then had to fill in for an AWOL co-worker. It's all good! Am looking forward to getting caught up on some stuff, but I have 2 1/2 nights to get through still.

Good news! The food co-op is turning out paleo-friendly hot wings. No grains, no sugar, no bad oils. And very, very tasty and get this - cheap. I downed a big pile of them for dinner.

Made another chuck roast and it is even more awesome than the first one. This one is twice the size.

I'm really excited, Nom Nom Paleo is putting out a cookbook and it looks wonderful. Won't be out til Christmas, but I pre-ordered it. Now I don't have to 1) somehow obtain an iPad and 2) get said iPad all greasy.

I am sunburned AND I have poison ivy. Doesn't matter, it was all worth it. I drank my tea out on the balcony this afternoon to soak up some more sun even though I am quite red enough. Felt great! Actually I am only burned on a small portion of my body, just the tops of my arms and chest, so I am not suffering. And just one tiny bit of poison ivy on my shin, and it is healing up just fine, doesn't even itch.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I pre-ordered the book! First time I pre-ordered a book, but as I saw they have a book coming all I could think of was 'ME WANTSSSSS!'. I have their iPad app and it is worth every cent just for the Magic Mushroom and Pyro Powder seasoning!!!
                  My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                  My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                  Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                  Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• I pre-ordered the book also.
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I feel your pain regarding the sunburn! I went on a long walk Friday afternoon and pretty well toasted my arms, neck and face. "Farmer's tan" we used to call it.

I wish somewhere around here would make Paleo friendly take-out!
                      Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• I looked up Cascade Head - beautiful! Being surrounded by natural beauty is one of the greatest pleasures in life.

I guess it is the season for sunburn. Just sneaks up on you, doesn't it? Yes, I definitely have a Farmer's Tan. I'm going to look so weird at the pool.

Due to filling in for a collegue at the last minute, I am working five nights in a row and getting my ass kicked. It's hard to have to work this sort of shift with no notice and no rest, in addition my errands did not get done. I'm having trouble with a lot of noise during the day. There is some sort of activity involving a backhoe going on nearby. I have two fans and earplugs but still it is hard. After tonight I have one more. Wish me luck.

Staying totally primal on the eating, althought I don't worry about quantity or frequency. I can't stress myself like that when I'm working like this. Thank the stars for the food co-op! I picked up another package of paleo hot wings tonight. I hope they are a regular item, I made a comment and left a thank you note in the suggestion box. I believe there are a number of paleo/primal people around here although I don't know them, and also a fair number of celiacs/gluten intolerants. Just judging by products and changes I see at the co-op. I'm not the only one seeking grain-free stuff. Of course locally sourced clean meat is totally their deal. Did I mention the community kitchen is fully funded and so it will be happening! I am very excited about that.

Comment

• So glad that you've pre-ordered the Nom Nom Paleo cookbook. You will not regret it, I promise you. That woman has a real way with food and she's pretty strict paleo. No gloppy cheese stuff, no frankenstein food. I've made at least ten of her recipes and every one is a winner. You can definitely feed anyone with her stuff and they won't even know they are eating paleo/primal or feel they are missing anything. Here is a link: Surprise! | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo. No, I do not get a kickback or have any vested interest in the project. Just a huge fan.

Comment

• Great job on staying Primal with the eating! I'm in a real good place with that too! Stuff from the garden is just beginning to come in, last night we had a big **s salad with different lettuces from the garden and amazing radishes! That and a Grass-Fed steak! I feel so good when I eat well and cleanly.

I was sort of sorry to read Marks Blog a couple of days ago with the poultry producer, because I'm pretty sure that the chicken I buy from the grocery store falls under the "bad" category and now I'll need to find a better supplier for way more $$. Oh well...
                            Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• I hope this tough work week passes quickly and you can get some good deep sleep when its all over. Have you thought about a white noise machine - or playing classical music while you sleep? I have to use ear plugs too - hubby snores up a storm! I found some very comfortable ones called Macks They don't block out ALL the noise that is right close - like hubby's growling - but they block out everything else. And they are very comfortable and very inexpensive. Basically just a soft silicone glob that you press into the outer canal of your ear. I throw them away after about 2 weeks and get a new set. I think I paid something like $2 for 4 plugs. Its nice not having to stuff those little foam things down inside my ear canal.

I think I'm going to order the new book from nom-nom also. I am in need of some fresh cooking ideas!
                              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion
                              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Yep, I have two machines, a fan, and some awesome ear plugs. Trouble is, they have a backhoe. But the most amazing thing happened today, I talked to my landlord about the noise and he went down the hill and talked to them, asked them if at all possible if they could work farther down during the morning and early PM - and they did! So I got some good sleep today and feel better. I think I can actually make it through this last shift. And I have the most awesome ER doc to work with too. I'm really throwing around the superlatives here, but I think they are appropriate.

David, I've been reading and doing some casual research on meat sources and come to the conclusion that if I have to buy conventional meat that beef is the only decent choice. Although the life of a cow on a feedlot is not wonderful, it is not as terrible as that of chickens in those horrid torture chamber places. I can get the hormone and antibiotic free stuff at not too onerous a cost. If only I had a freezer! I only buy chicken now when I can actually see the place where it comes from which of course is not reasonable for most people.

One of the doctors here at work raises ducks for meat. He is meticulous in his care of them and actually slaughters and processes them with his own hands or under his direct control, so I can be assured it is humane and clean as possible. Must get some of that! They are only available in the fall, and if possible he needs to know in the spring when he begins to raise them. But I have my name in for two already.

Did really well with food today until I found the honey jar...almond butter, rice crackers, honey. Well, I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X