No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I'm retracting my endorsement of the chocolate pots. DON'T MAKE THEM. Back away slowly...slowly...don't look, no no don't look, nothing to see here...

The little ramekins of deliciousness are burning a hole through the door of my refrigerator, begging to be consumed...this is worse than Brazilian cheese bread. Must resist...must...

Funny how my newest cat is the one that is the friendliest and most affectionate. He loves to play and sit on my lap. Follows me around and talks to me. Eats everything I give him with great enthusiasm.

Went for a hike at my favorite spot and climbed up onto a very large fallen tree. I mean this is a monster tree, and it fell with all the roots and several smaller trees attached. I can walk on it, and I am about six feet in the air. This is amazing for me as I am terrified of heights. Not exactly a balance, but sort of. Also I did some more rolling. I practiced walking, dropping into a roll and then up and walking again in a smooth motion. It's quite easy. Who would think?

The ground was covered in violets, purple and white ones, and also a tiny white flower with a yellow center and lavender-tipped petals. Beautiful!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I think you're finding your inner child in all this play-time what a joy to read of your adventurous activities!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I'm just crazy!

Slept great in my cave this afternoon. Love my cave. But I'm kind of tired now. Been running around like a crazy person at work for two hours nonstop, little break now. I'm earning my keep.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Went swimming after work. It is great fun to do that, but it wakes me up A LOT. I can't really go to sleep afterward. I slept very well but not long enough.

Woke up to find a text from my brother. My mom's oldest friend died on Friday. Oldest both in age and in length of friendship - 30 years or more and she was 93. Thankfully it was quick and peaceful - an acute M.I. (a heart attack). My mom is of course upset. She was supposed to have lunch with her on Friday, luckily her friend had the presence of mind to tell her daughter to phone my mom. I'm glad my mom didn't have to go sit in a restaurant waiting for someone who would never arrive.

Felt horribly bloated and fat yesterday. I wasn't really, just felt that way. Need more veg. Must make the cauliflower recipe from today's MDA. Looks great. I'll probably add some fish sauce, maybe a little tomato paste. Can't have too much umami.

Back to work tonight.

Comment

• Well here I am at work. Some time ago I decided not to post anything about my co-workers any more because it seems wrong and snarky and mean-spirited. But I just saw a co-worker that I have not seen in some weeks and she is on Cloud Nine, flashing a diamond ring. Now this sounds horrible, but she is not attractive, she is dumb and uninteresting, she is older. HOW IN THE HELL DOES EVERYONE HAVE SOMEONE EXCEPT ME? WHAT THE EFF?!?!?!?!

Comment

• Because you can afford to be choosy

Comment

• Well, I may not have a man, but the spambots love me.

Thanks, Judy, and you are right!

Comment

• And you don't need a man to be happy........you have found true inner happiness!
                  Female 55
                  Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                  Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Thanks, friends!

And hey, I got TWO spammers in one night! I am so popular!

Made the recipe on Saturday's MDA. Many mods, but basically the same. I cut up a couple of grass-fed hot dogs and so had a one-pot meal. Really delicious. I added coconut aminos and fish sauce and a splash of cream. No celery as I didn't have any. I didn't make the quantity called for in the recipe as frankly that seemed insane. TWO heads of cauliflower? Maybe if I had six people to feed, not to mention the cost.

Worked all night, came home and washed up and then went to church. Was my usual punchy self as I don't really operate very well when I've been up all night. Came home and collapsed. It is not a good idea to do that, but I did today because the choir was very sparse and I felt I should. Slept for 4 or 5 hours. No work tonight, but then I have three in a row.

Comment

• I got a nice surprise last night. My choir's performance of the Brahms Requiem was videotaped and is up on Vimeo! It is exciting for me because it is the only way for me to actually hear us...and we sound good! Not the greatest recording, but I am so glad it was done.

Comment

• Stole this from Gay Panda's journal. It's just too good not to.

shouldIeatbacon_zps8b9e33c9.jpg

Comment

• The choir sounds wonderful !

As for the man.......... good things come to those who wait! I commend you for not settling for something less than the best! Many women do - when they think time is working against them. You'll find the right guy - just make sure you're open to the possibilities! Don't feel bad about what you said about the co-worker --- its not always snarky to just be honest about how you feel/think. Besides - none of us know her, so its just you expressing your thoughts, rather than trying to make someone look bad.
                          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion
                          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Well, I'm very happy for her, despite my snarkiness. I should be happy, it means there is hope for all!

Couldn't get on earlier today, something seemed to be wrong with the site. But here I am now. At work, very, very busy. It is nice to be needed.

Pretty good food day. I got some kipper snacks and ate them with sour cream and capers on rice crackers. Don't need my fish oil supplement today! Some turkey meatballs and cauliflower mushroom thing. All good. And I still have three chocolate pots left. After the initial glow wore off I have been able to control myself! Sometimes I am like that - when I first make something really, really good I can't leave it alone. But then the newness wears off.

Been swimming really hard and also did some squats and lunges and pushups. Ribs are sore!

Comment

• CRAP! You reminded me that I forgot my salmon oil this morning... I've missed it the last couple! Granted I've gotten mct and butter in my coffee but I've been meaning to make sure to get the fish to really take advantage of all of those glorious omega 3's and ketones!
                              SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                              Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                              Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                              Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                              Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                              Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Now I want kippers!

With sour cream. That sounds fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X