No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm also trying to settle into a better daily routine. Like you, I have no one to tend to but my dog and cat. (loving that, btw) I work p/t - M-T-W afternoons, and Th mornings. I'm off Friday - but I take my mom shopping, do the business books/bills/housework that sort of thing. I'm trying to make better use of my mornings before work. All winter I basically just sit at the computer and waste a LOT of precious time! I recently starting working out to Barre3, so that takes a small portion of my mornings - but with summer coming I need to be focusing more on the yard! So, today I'm limiting my time on the computer, getting my workout done, and heading outside for a bit before I need to shower and go to work.

Healthier habits........ that's my focus as well. Good luck with yours!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Yeah, it is so easy to just p*ss away the mornings - they are gone before you know it. Once in a while is okay. Every day is not okay. And with the longer days and nicer weather I of course want to get out more.

Well, I thought I was done eating...I had a sweet potato baking in the oven, intending to mix it up with ground turkey for turkey burgers. But it was so perfect...almost melted, sweet, silky...I ate it all. Guess the Jaminet's book and their take on safe starches is working its way into my subconscious. I'm not sure I've ever eaten an entire sweet potato in one sitting in my whole life.

Well, off to bed again. I have to go to a training class before work so I have to hit the hay really early.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Oh, if anyone wants to add me as a friend on Duolingo - I'm not sure how it works, but on Facebook I am SJ Krane. I'm not really 'on' Facebook but I did sign up for it some time ago. You can add me as a friend or something like that on Duolingo and my progress will show up on your page, which might be fun and possibly motivating.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Here I am at work. I had to attend a very lame training class before work and didn't eat before going. Was really hungry by 8 PM! Had some pate and a nice Gouda. Been working steadily, which is nice. Doing some good work tonight.

Comment

• Oh, the spambots found my journal! They missed it last time. Now I feel special again.

Comment

• Just realized that not only did I not have any hot flashes last night, I didn't even think about hot flashes. That is surely a milestone.

I did have a major fail last night, though. Must confess. I ate 2/3 pint of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel gelato. Ah, we fall and we get up, we fall and we get up...

Comment

• That gelato sounds damn near orgasmic! Seriously where do you find stuff like that!?
                SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Do you have Whole Foods. They have a good selection Talenti sorbets are super too!

Originally posted by ecks View Post
                  That gelato sounds damn near orgasmic! Seriously where do you find stuff like that!?

Comment

• It's at Kroger, too. Sinfully delicious.
                    I have been successful at limiting myself to 2 spoonfuls..
                    Serving spoons, LOL..jk
                    And you must limit that to once daily, preferably every other day,
                    Or that sugar demon will surface.
                    I'm only buying a pint a month,
                    and the sea salt caramel is my fave, OMG, so wonderful.

Comment

• Did you notice that the FIRST ingredient in the Sea Salt Caramel Gelato is....CARAMEL??? My local little market is now having a sale on the Talentis, 2 for $7.00. Sinfully delicious is right *sigh*

Comment

• Oh yes, that is the first thing I noticed! Yes ecks, the stuff is orgasmic. I don't say that lightly. I got it at my local co-op, but it's all over. I went to their website and am impressed with the production. Not primal, gelato could never be primal, but it very good nonetheless.

The funny thing was, I didn't have a craving - I opened the freezer (at work) and saw it, and opened it, and basically fell in headfirst...

Just woke up. Slept very well, no sign of the hot monster. Feel great and opened up the windows, it is cool but sunny and fresh. I wish it was always like this. The cats are populating the windows.

I am completely loving Perfect Healthy Diet and will probably add it to my library. What a great reference. It is crammed full of actual studies. I suppose it doesn't hurt that the Jaminets embrace sweet potatoes and bananas, two foods I can't help but feel guilty about eating even though they are primal. Just scared of carbs, I guess! Bananas - very carb-y things but I have continued eating them because they are delicious, versatile, and they are very satiating for me, despite not having protein or fat in any quantity. (Maybe none? I don't know.)

Another night of work and then I am off for awhile.

Comment

• I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE!!!! I love..I mean LOVE this brand!! It is seriously the only frozen treat that I try to literally wedge my face into the container!! I had to fight the urge to maim a family member who had took my SSC from the fridge and put it in the freezer! I..I am terribly sorry, I just get so happy when I find people with similar loves/weakness. Oh the memories I had with Belgian Milk Chocolate.....the whole pint demolished in mere minutes!! See the user name fits!

I also wanted to say, I have really enjoyed reading your post! Keep up the good fight!

Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                          It's at Kroger, too. Sinfully delicious.
                          I have been successful at limiting myself to 2 spoonfuls..
                          Serving spoons, LOL..jk
                          And you must limit that to once daily, preferably every other day,
                          Or that sugar demon will surface.
                          I'm only buying a pint a month,
                          and the sea salt caramel is my fave, OMG, so wonderful.
                          Last edited by Sugarbare88; 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM. Reason: Gelato excitement made me forget the most important part!
                          BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Cave Bird View Post
                            Did you notice that the FIRST ingredient in the Sea Salt Caramel Gelato is....CARAMEL??? My local little market is now having a sale on the Talentis, 2 for $7.00. Sinfully delicious is right *sigh*
                            Cave bird, that is a fabulous price!!!! I paid 5 bucks each.
                            Yep, that caramel 1st ingredient jumped out at me, too.
                            And those little square caramel candies, oh, lordy, may have to have some now,
                            And I was hoping to skip today, dangit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                              I did have a major fail last night, though. Must confess. I ate 2/3 pint of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel gelato. Ah, we fall and we get up, we fall and we get up...
                              Reading about about Talenti Sea Salt Caramel gelato here and listening to my daughter talk about how great salted caramel ice cream is had marcadav caving at the grocery store today.

I am now the, not so, proud owner of a 1.5 quart tub of french salted caramel ice cream. Good thing said daughter is coming for the weekend and that Siobhan lives across the country.

Comment

• Wow, what a terrible influence I am! Oh well, at least gelato doesn't have any grains. And yeah, those little truffles in the Talenti are just about the best chocolates I have ever eaten. They are worth it even if you just fished them out and didn't eat the gelato - like that would happen -

Comment

Working...
                                X