Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want.jpg
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Yep. Licked Don't know who doesn't like you. I have a lot of catching up to do, but it's really hard to imagine anyone not liking you. Love your giving your trees names. Do the cats chew your indoor trees. I once had two pretty cannibas plants in New York that I really liked. A friend left his two cats with us while he went away for the weekend. I came back from shopping to two very stoned and happy cats and two stalks of plants! Hmmm! I can't imagine any plants surviving our cats. They have to climb everything and tip anything over that is not nailed or screwed in place.

Comment

• No weirdness at all about bonding with a tree. Long ago, I had a houseful of plants, and cared for them all lovingly. Then came a move to a house with less than ideal lighting, and babies (yes, we're talking years ago). Plants got neglected, and eventually suffered. In recent years, we've been plantless indoors. Yet in the past few summers, as I've started my outdoor planter garden, I love to spend time pruning, feeling, smelling, and otherwise playing with my herbs and stuff. It's very calming and provides a sense of grounding. Looking forward to getting rid of the SNOW and getting in the garden. I've reconsidered house plants, might just do that in the next few months.

Regarding onion chopping tearing, I learned long ago that if I'm wearing contact lenses when chopping, there is absolutely no tearing or irritation going on. Obviously either the iris or pupil are directly involved with the reaction. Weird.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Just read the last 13 pages of your journal. It was like reading a novel. I was hoping you wouldn't somehow get stuck with needy new guy and that everything with cats would work out. And I got my happy ending. New guy gone and cats working out, with the added information about coconut oil and baking soda. Great idea. Fun to read sleepwear comments -- especially Dave and ecks. I like men's PJ bottoms and a t-shirt. One of my cats adores heat, so she climbs under the covers and I turn the air conditioner on!

Comment

• Wow! {{{{{{{{Happy Dance}}}}}}}}}}} Pam is back! And thanks for reading my journal. Yep, had some stuff going on, but I know I did the right thing.

I get the weirdest cravings now. I HAD to have baba ganoush. So at midnight I roasted up some eggplant and mixed up the magic stuff, ate some with red bell pepper. Once upon a time I would have eaten an entire loaf of bread or a pizza. Now I'm craving...vegetables? Don't tell my mom, she has a weak heart, the shock will kill her.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• And thanks for all the kind words from everyone, i.e. I'm maybe not so unlikeable, and also for not thinking I'm insane for having tree friends with names and all.

So far I haven't had trouble with the cats eating my plants, although I am careful to only have non-poisonous ones. I grow rye grass for them and also catmint. They do a pretty good job of eating those, but luckily those plants grow very quickly. I don't think they will like Jennifer the Bay Laurel, as she has a slight citrus scent and they HATE citrus.

Comment

• Woke up with garlic mouth, wheew! That's what comes from eating baba ganoush in the middle of the night. Must get some parsley. I have a lot of salad greens, I'll try eating some of those.

Comment

• I will not add to the compliments, 'cause you'll just get a swelled head. But you know we love you, Siobhan: we keep coming back for more!

Comment

• Thank you, but I think you all come around here for the eccentricity. Reading about my craziness is probably somewhat diverting!

This morning I weighed 135. I am much happier with that number, although obviously I need to knuckle down primal. I think I have figured out something. When craving carbs, eat VEG not fruit. Fruit only exacerbates the cravings, for me at least. A big bowl of leafy greens, asparagus, brussels sprouts. That is the ticket. And I am going to get back to eating more berries as my fruit of choice. I have gotten away from that habit, mainly because of the expense.

Almost two hours of housecleaning this morning, and that was only one room. Sigh. And it wasn't even particularly thorough, for instance I didn't clean on top of the china cabinet or the refrigerator. But today is a red letter day - I opened the windows over the sofa in the kitchen for the first time since winter hit. The cats tripped all over each other to get up in the windowsills. They love sitting in the windows.

I haven't done my taxes yet. My car is due for routine servicing, and the snow tires need to come off. Help me, Obi-Wan!

Comment

• My concerts are this weekend. The final dress rehearsal is tonight and the concerts are Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. I have four friends coming to the performances and I am ridiculously excited about it all. Although it has been time-consuming and sometimes nerve-wracking, overall a very worthwhile endeavor. There aren't many things like this that an adult can participate in at a fairly high level. I can't play minor league baseball, or play golf with pros. But I can work with others to make a big beautiful thing while doing my individual best. Great stuff!

Comment

• I'm with you on the fruit! If I eat most any fruit, all sorts of triggers start going off. Berries are actually one of the worst things for me, because an indefinite amount of them can be a serving. One apple or one banana or one peach is a serving, that's easy, but with berries nobody eats one, you eat "some" and all too often for me some is until none are left. Even if it's a quart.

I do try to eat a lot of veggies. Organic baby kale has been in the stores lately and I buy it and will often grab a handful and munch away. It is satisfying in a bovine, cud-chewing sorta way.

I hear you about the worthwhile endeaver too. This Winter about the only social activity I did was to take a figure drawing class. Drawing and painting have been lifelong interests of mine, doing it more is on my short list of things to keep doing!

Enjoy the Concert!
                        Height: 5' 10"
                        Starting Weight: 292
                        Starting Primal Weight: 275
                        Current weight: 224
                        Goal weight: 172
                        Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Originally posted by DCarr10760 View Post
                          This Winter about the only social activity I did was to take a figure drawing class. Drawing and painting have been lifelong interests of mine, doing it more is on my short list of things to keep doing!
                          Last week I picked up a book on teaching yourself to sketch, and have been (slowly) working through it. It is nice to try a new creative thing that I have NO experience with.

Comment

• I used to paint quite adequately, but I haven't done any painting in ages. I would like to, but until more hours get built into a day I probably won't take it up again. I stopped because of the soreness and pain in my hands, which is now gone, thank you primal blueprint.

LONG rehearsal tonight, I'm all worn out. Performance tomorrow night! Woo hoo! Reminder: no garlic tomorrow. It's not nice to eat garlic before stepping onto a closely-packed riser with 70 other people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                              Just had a tapioca bread with half a banana and almond butter.
                              I've searched back many pages, but I can't find your bread recipe. Could you please share it again?

Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                              Performance tomorrow night! Woo hoo! Reminder: no garlic tomorrow. It's not nice to eat garlic before stepping onto a closely-packed riser with 70 other people.
                              Hehehehe!
                              Enjoy yourself tomorrow (oops, I mean tonight!)
                              I need to go to bed...
                              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse
                              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Good luck tonight!!!!! Sing your little primal heart out! Wish I could come................
                                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion
                                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Working...
                                X