Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agreed.
    the cat sounds awsome.
    the guy, not so much. Better to get it over before he gets too attached. Like taking off a bandaid; quick and all in one go!
    5' 9" 47 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
    Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by June68 View Post
      agreed.
      the cat sounds awsome.
      the guy, not so much. Better to get it over before he gets too attached. Like taking off a bandaid; quick and all in one go!
      Have to say I agree............ last thing you want is to get attached to a guy who doesn't seem to have a future. He may be one of those lazy ass guys who floats from place to place on whatever couch he can sleep on.

Time to say "no thanks". There are LOTS of other really great guys out there who have something wonderful to offer. Get back on Match.com and see what you can find!

Kitty is pretty!!!!

I'm going to try that deoderant idea....... but I might do a paste so I have it all in one container. Thanks for the great tip!

Edit: Mixed up some - I'll try it tomorrow!
      Last edited by tomi; 03-29-2013, 12:22 PM.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Yeah, you are all right about the guy. It's time to fish or cut bait and I know which it should be. He's not for me. I need to formulate a script and make the call. No, I'm not going to take the chicken way out and text him or email him.

OTOH New Gray Cat is wonderful. When I come home he is so excited to see me, like a dog. So affectionate and good natured. Good eater but not greedy. Loves to be groomed and is okay with nail clipping. Very clean. Purrs like a motorboat.

Just spent three hours in church! Good Friday. It is so refreshing to the soul to give oneself over to torment and misery and loss. Sometimes I feel church is too schmaltzy, too much of a social occasion. At least once a year we strip all of that away and face the reality that bad things happen, things we don't and can't understand. There is a retired Methodist paster (female) who always preaches a short sermon at the ecumenical service and I really enjoy her take on things. She never descends into schmaltz, yet makes things deeply personal. I am also a little amazed by her as she is almost 80 and was ordained as a minister long, long before such things were common.
        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Well, not much to report. Watched some TV, a rarity for me, but PBS had some good programs about religion and tolerance. Because of Good Friday, I am sure. Had asparagus and a hamburger patty for dinner. Some hot flashes during the night, but not as bad as before. Honestly, the chill that follows the hot flash is worse. I was awake for a time, during which Grey Cat insisted upon some lovin'. He is a cuddlebug. When I went back to sleep, I slept very well for the rest of the night. Woke up hungry, had some eggplant/beef/mushroom concoction. Must think about what I am going to eat tomorrow as the stores will be closed - Maine law. Going to swim now -
          Last edited by Siobhan; 03-30-2013, 08:38 AM.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
            Must think about what I am going to eat tomorrow as the stores will be closed - Maine law.
            Eggs, you need eggs.......
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Absolutely! Easter without eggs? Unthinkable! Maybe some ham. Something green!

Comment

• I've been away on business and then we had major electrical issue that I've been untangling (literally).

Cats and men... Far be it for ME to give advice on the relationship front. But my opinion on strays is pretty conventional, don't form attachments, don't feed them or you'll never be rid of them. Now your new cat on the other hand, sounds like a keeper!

:-)
                Last edited by DCarr10760; 03-30-2013, 10:40 AM. Reason: Spelling...sigh
                Height: 5' 10"
                Starting Weight: 292
                Starting Primal Weight: 275
                Current weight: 224
                Goal weight: 172
                Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• ^ excellent advice!
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion
                  9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• As usual, David, you have made me laugh a lot. And you are right. AND I am glad I kept my fresh asparagus and grass-fed steaks in the refrigerator when he came over.

New Cat, on the other hand, has already earned his keep into the indefinite future by catching a nasty horrible flying bug and sending it to bug heaven.

Oh, will someone make the phone call for me? I'm too chicken.

Comment

• Well, today was one of the most active days I have had in a long time. I swam this morning, did some sprints and worked on breathhold. I'm up to 60 seconds. Enjoyed watching a little girl having a very successful swim lesson. She was so determined! I predict this little one will go far in life.

Went to a HD broadcast play from London, Great Expectations. Kind of thing that is above like and dislike. It will stay with me and provide a lot of food for thought.

Then went on a long, strenuous walk - hilly and at a very fast pace for 1 1/2 hours. It has been quite a while since I have done much walking or hiking because of the snow/weather. I aced it no prob. I didn't even really notice until I was done and looked at the clock and realized how far we went and how fast we walked. Thank you Primal Blueprint. Oh yeah, I was wearing my minimal shoes. Feet feel great.

Came home and had a nice flounder filet and an artichoke with Kerrygold butter.

Comment

• Grow a primal pair and just do it~ it is my belief, if anyone can, you can.
                        David really is fun.
                        Happy Easter, Sio.

Comment

• Happy Easter to you, Judy! I will do it, I promise. That's two unpleasant things I have in my future, The Call and Taxes. Ick.

Forgot to mention I did my shovelglove (I often leave that out) and also swung around my little 2-lb weights for awhile.

Comment

• Happy Easter to all!

Comment

• Well. the deed is done. I made The Call and New Man is cut loose. I feel horrible having to hurt someone but it is definitely better to do it now. Feel kind of weird about it. Not sad or regretful, just weird. I guess it is strange to have someone come into my life for a short time and then know I will never see or hear from him again. Obviously this was just a casual friendship, but still it is an odd feeling.

Cats are all good!

Comment

• All Cool! Here's hoping the Spring will bring a Primal Man into your life (one who is funny, intelligent and solvent!!!), like you.

Happy Easter to you and your lovely cats. xx

Comment

Working...
                                X