No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The carnitas are spectacular. I think I have mentioned this before, but I use Mark's recipe with a couple of changes. I use chicken broth instead of water, I add a pinch of cinnamon instead of a stick (be very careful with cinnamon), and I add smoked paprika and red chili flakes. I don't measure any of the spices, just use however much I think I need. This is the best batch by far, possibly because of the bone. This is a good recipe to use bone-in meat because it is cooked until it all falls apart and is easy to remove the bone. (Note to self: pork roast with bone from now on.) I cooked it for three hours last night, but it wasn't done and I was tired. So I just took it out of the oven and put it in the refrigerator, and this morning I put it back in for two hours. It is perfect and there is a LOT of pork. I am very happy!

Went to my book and meditation group for the first time a long time. It was really good, I wish I could go more often.

Haven't heard from New Man this morning, hope all is well there.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• The way to a man's heart is through slow-cooked meat...nothing says romance like tender spiced animal flesh...

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
        The way to a man's heart is through slow-cooked meat...nothing says romance like tender spiced animal flesh...
        You can have my heart any day... so long as you come with pig
        SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
        Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
        Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
        Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
        Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
        Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Once again paleowoman attracts male with her carnivorous cooking skills!

Comment

• You throw out these little teasers............ we need details, girl!
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Woman of mystery, that's me. Mystery and pork.

Comment

• Maybe I need to make these carnita's and become a woman of mystery myself!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• You definitely need to make the carnitas. They are next to heaven.

Comment

• Okay - I'm going to find some pork butt after work! but I already have ground beef thawed for dinner tonight - I was thinking curry meat balls!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Curry meat balls are fantastic too. I'm going to make some curry beef jerky with ground beef. (Note to self...)

Well, thanks to naiadknight's pecan pie recipe, I made myself the dessert of the week. Sliced up a banana and cooked it in butter and a splash of coconut milk. Added honey and a dash of salt. Put it in a dish and sprinkled cashews on top. And this was my second banana today. I also had an apple. So I've had enough carbs for a whole week. Other than that, it's been carnitas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                        The way to a man's heart is through slow-cooked meat...nothing says romance like tender spiced animal flesh...
                        I'm left wondering if you're thinking more here about the pork or the new man friend
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                          I'm left wondering if you're thinking more here about the pork or the new man friend
                          I'm thinking she's trying to "reel" him in with the pork!
                          Female 55
                          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Despite having a very large amount of luscious pork all ready to eat, I can't stop eating fruits and veg. I had a huge amount of roasted cauliflower. Then some baba ganoush with bell peppers. A few blackberries. The sad, bad thing (or really happy thing) is that I have eaten more vegetables in one day than most people eat in a week. Or maybe a month. Or maybe ever. And that includes most 'vegetarians' I know, who seem to live on McDonalds french fries and cheese pizza. Cuz they're saving the planet by being vegetarians, dontcha know. Ai'ght, I'm being snarky.

Choir tonight was grueling, worked two hours with no break. One of the other singers said this is the hardest music she has worked on in her life - and she is really good. The director heard us talking, and agreed. Doesn't get any harder than the Brahms Requiem in German. I really wouldn't have minded if we were doing something a little bit easier. But it is very beautiful. I haven't warmed up to the German yet. My vocal abilities don't really extend to German.

I'm thinking of doing a horrible thing. Asking for fuel assistance money. I mean, I'm driving a new car. But it is so hard to pay $200 for fuel every two weeks! I don't make more money in the winter! The car isn't exactly a luxury; I don't think too many people would argue with my getting a new car every 15 years. And I have to get to work. That part is not a luxury at all. But I can get 100 gallons of fuel or something like that just by asking. This paycheck is extremely skinny after paying for heat. I'm really torn about it. It seems stupid not to do it, but I feel weird asking for it.

I may have been too hasty about my 'romance.' After a flurry of texting and calls after going out on Saturday, today was pretty silent. I called him once and he was really receptive to talking, but nothing since. I know how these things go - it can be scary on both sides. Of course I have no idea what he is thinking or feeling, but meeting someone you want to get to know better and maybe even enter into a stable relationship with is damned frightening. I'll just have to see what happens. He mentioned again today that we planned to get together on Friday and to think of something fun to do. Dating is hard.

Comment

• By all means, ask for fuel.
                              Think of something fun to do on Friday.

Comment

• I was thinking of snowshoeing, he doesn't have snowshoes but I can probably borrow some. But it appears that our snowstorm is turning into a rainstorm, so that might not be possible. I, of course, am a strong paleowoman and can take whatever comes, good or bad. I can't expect a grain-eater to be so tough.

Got woken up this morning when a Formula 1 racetrack mysteriously materialized around my bed and the carnivores chased a very noisy crinkle toy around it. They are in fine form. It is getting light so much earlier - I got up thinking it was much later. It was only 6:30 AM. I spent quite a bit of time in prayer and meditation and then read for an hour or so. This is a habit I have to reinstate. I used to do this regularly but since I moved last summer I have let other things creep in and push out the good.

Haven't eaten yet today, not hungry.

Comment

Working...
                                X