Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so happy.

Comment

• Yes, I have to say cautiously that this looks promising. Would be cool to have a man in my life in some significant way. We'll see.

Didn't need dinner, but ate anyway. Baba ganoush, bacon, peppers, raspberries. Thirsty as can be, am drinking fizzy water.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Thirsty cause of all that talking
        and the scotch yesterday.

Comment

• Yeah, the scotch was not a good idea, but now I know to stay away from it.

I stayed primal on my date. We met at B&N but went to Ruby Tuesdays, which conveniently has a grilled salmon salad and can actually provide olive oil and balsamic vinegar instead of salad dressing.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Well, I am still optimistic. I've talked to ManDate on the phone a couple of times and we've exchanged some texts. I am really looking forward to seeing him again. He seems to like me just the right amount - enough to pursue things but not so much that it is creepy. And I hope he feels the same about me. I don't want to be calculating or fake, just myself, but at the same time it is easy for misunderstandings to occur at this phase.

Snowed all night but there was little accumulation until this morning when it ramped up and now there is significant white stuff. I got up early and went to adult ed at church - only 6 people there including me. Got a message that choir was cancelled as I walked in. Darn it all! Anyway, I couldn't leave adult ed after they saw me. Watched video and discussed for an hour - actually it was really good and I'm glad I went but I have that wanting to be two places at once going on. Skipped out instead of attending the service.

This morning I have been enjoying the warm woodstove and working on the Brahms Requiem. I remembered a container of carnitas in the freezer and so I fried up some of that with all the usual condiments. Heaven. That is pretty much my favorite meal now.

Party to go to this afternoon, some friends here are renting the Opera House and doing it up right. I considered asking ManDate, but because of the snow I didn't. I don't think the snow would scare him off, but I am afraid of an awkward situation with him maybe needing to stay overnight...I think you get the picture. I'm not ready for that situation right now. Too soon. I wonder what the carnivores will think of him? Slim Cat will like him I am sure, but BW Cat will be more standoffish. Scared, actually! I wonder how long he will hide before he decides this guy is okay? Did I mention he has a sweet black lab, female, very nice.

Comment

• The snow is falling, falling. I just checked to see if I can get out of the driveway. The answer is yes, but I think I should do a bit of precautionary shoveling to ensure I can get back in the driveway in a couple of hours.

Comment

• Your date sounds lovely! Snow, not so much- I'm ready for spring by now.

This morning I grated fresh ginger into my herbal tea and I could hardly swallow it but I think it was the best I've ever sung haha! I think the key is to grate it freshly, because last week I made ginger tea a few days in advance and it didn't seem to do anything then.
                If you have a few minutes- please take a look at my story, in my journal
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87400.html
                I do warn you, I am a copious writer.

Comment

• Congrats on the good date! How exciting to be thinking this could be something with a future!!!!
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion
                  9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Yes, I think the fresh ginger is the key. It's quite a brew, though!

Comment

• Quite a day. Slept well and woke up full of energy. My moods have really smoothed out, haven't they? I'm not cheerful all of the time, but I'm not really down either. I still get annoyed with regularity, though! Primal doesn't cure sheer orneriness.

Went swimming. Got my goggles stolen but I saw the guy with them, so I retrieved them. Apparently it is okay to pick up and take anything that is not actually in the owner's hand. When did this get to be acceptable? I had forgotten to eat before I went and came home with a powerful hunger. Luckily I had carnitas in the refrigerator. Also an apple with almond butter. I've really gotten used to almond butter, I like it a lot now. I have forgotten what peanut butter tastes like. (Seriously)

Then I went snowshoeing with a couple of friends. My snowshoes worked great. I've never used them in such deep, wet snow. It was a so much fun and what a workout! I will admit to being quite tired.

Comment

• Lovely to catch up on all your news! Your man date sounds quite promising - hopefully this works out well for you both! People just don't seem to think twice about walking off with something that is not theirs, and they aren't even embarrassed when caught out... strange!

Snowshoeing sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to exercise - I would love to try it once I am in better shape!
                        Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                        Primal low: 186 lbs
                        Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                        Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Yes, it is really fun and even though I am tired I am surprised at how well I did - I haven't really done any exercise of that sort for some time, but it came easily. I had to slow down for my friends and I fell twice and laughed about it. This is really not me. Normally I would be wondering if I could keep up and if anyone felt as bad as me and falling would be so embarrassing. It was all good. My snowshoes that I bought because they were on sale, are really, really good. I noticed right away they were different from my friends and they are obviously superior. Much longer, a tapered shape, lots of teeth on the bottom. Yes, I feel like quite the snow woman!

Had some leftover London Broil and roasted cauliflower. Damn that cauliflower is good!

Comment

• I have a big pork roast in the oven being turned into carnitas. It was unbelievably cheap, and when I got it home I realized it wasn't boneless. Which is okay, but it is really hard to cut up a 5-lb roast with a bone running down the middle! I did the best I could. The bone will make it taste even better, I am sure sure. It has only been in the oven for half an hour and already the house smells divine.

I had a big mug of hot chocolate that I made with coconut milk, regular milk, dark chocolate, and honey. It was divine.

Talked on the phone with ManDate a couple of times. He is very nice. Do I have a man in my life? Maybe. It seems so normal to have a guy to talk to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                              Talked on the phone with ManDate a couple of times. He is very nice. Do I have a man in my life? Maybe. It seems so normal to have a guy to talk to.
                              I love how you just subtly slip that in

Mmm... Carnitas....
                              SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                              Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                              Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                              Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                              Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                              Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Originally posted by ecks View Post
                                I love how you just subtly slip that in

Mmm... Carnitas....
                                I thought that was cute and delicious sounding too.

Comment

Working...
                                X