Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will try that, yes indeedy

Our indoor cat has such a routine. She doesn't want anything but a quick pet, if that, during the day. She'll swat ya if you try.
    But, at 9pm, she finds a human and has to knead and has a full blown love attack for 15 minutes.
    She then wants crunchies, wants out the door to porch for 15 minutes, then waits for us in the exact spot in bed.
    She's sound asleep when we get to bed, and, thankfully, she doesn't move all night.

Comment

• Cats are hilarious! Mine have no understanding of the concept of 'pets' and that I am supposed to be somehow superior - they are entirely their own. Wish I could learn that!
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Went to church for the imposition of ashes and came directly to work. Five people have told me that I have dirt on my forehead. Four of them did not know anything about Ash Wednesday and claimed to have never heard of it. Just cementing my reputation as a complete wacko here. (Of course I think THEY are the wackos.)

Had a hellish night last night at work. Don't want to talk about it! Well, a little bit. I came out well, I have received commendations, but a couple of other people are facing reprimands and a review board. That is all I am saying about last night. Here I am back at work, contemplating my own and other's mortality. Very tired. Many thanks to my co-worker who agreed to stay late so I could attend church and coincidentally that meant I could get more sleep. I've worked five out of six nights, all 12s, and that included my hell weekend and hell Tuesday night. Well.

Eating is going fine. I just put primal stuff in my lunch bag and eat it.

After feeling bad about not being able to go swimming after get off work because there are water aerobics classes in the pool, I realized I can go in the therapy pool. I can't swim laps but I can be in the water, walk around, stretch, all that stuff. I can swim around a little, too. That might be a good habit to get into.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• And the good news is that I don't smell any more. Too much sugar and that gluten-free crap I was eating. If I need a treat, I will make it myself with honey, almond butter, etc. That doesn't make me smell or have heartburn. Much better.

So tired! Can't wait to get home and get into bed, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Comment

• Things tend to look better after a good "days" sleep. I don't miss the 12 hour night shifts at all. When work stuff happens, I just keep telling myself that I'm responsible for how I respond and I can't make adults do anything. Sleep well, hope you get to the pool and congrats on not being stinky!
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Thank you and you are so right. I can only be responsible for myself and my own actions and I know did the best I could. I stated my case as clearly as I could, the doc rejected my care plan, and the patient ended up on a vent on a medflight. Would it have happened anyway? Possibly. Would the patient have been at a better facility when ultimately everything went bad? Yes. But it wasn't my decision to make. And I ran the code well and I'm happy with that. Okay, time to let it go and move on.

Does anyone else nearly cry with happiness upon finding some good primal leftovers in the fridge upon waking up really hungry? Mashed cauliflower, cooked chicken, bone broth. Put chicken in broth, heat up, dot the cauliflower on top...happiness. And there is the added advantage of clearing out some refrigerator space. Now tucking into a cup of turmeric tea.

Comment

• Mmm.... its hard to have leftovers sometimes... it's all just soo damn good!
                SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• I was that near-tears-happy the other morning when I wanted eggs and something to go with them.
                  There, from lunch the day before, was a perfect half salmon fillet, so dang good, I started grinning.
                  Is this the most wonderful way of eating, or what???

Comment

• I never cease to be astounded that I can eat like this! And enjoy health and happiness beyond anything I would have imagined!

Yep, I have the problem of making something that is supposed to be 6 servings, but it turns out to be three servings...still, I have met my goals. Expensive, though!

Comment

• Choir tonight. I am singing better and better. Singing is just like anything else. If you do it a lot, and work hard, and really try you will improve. I'll never be Renee Fleming, but then who will? The director complimented me on learning the music and also fitting in and making an effort to get to know everyone. It is nice to have my efforts noticed in a positive way.

I haven't weighed myself in a while but my clothes are falling off. My favorite cargo pants don't fit any more, they are huge. I think things are just moving around - swimming gets the credit.

Comment

• I haven't weighed myself recently either ... but having real issues with clothes falling off. I bought some cheap running joggers in a sale and already they are slipping down AND yet again I have underwear issues. Unfortunately these cannot be resolved at the charity (thrift?) shop! I'm not complaining!!! Increasing activity and eating primally do really work ... I love what I eat now and never fret over food/meals now. Only issues are as you often mention is taking stuff with you to work etc when you know primal food may be scant.

Comment

• Got a pile of stuff ready to take to the thrift shop. I was surprised at how many pants I have that won't stay up any more.

I was going to make a big ole recipe I found on the recipe thread but would you believe the grocery store was out of chicken? Yes. So this morning I went ahead and made it although I didn't have chicken...cauliflower...or cheese. Kidding. What I did was make a big pile of sausage, onion, garlic, and mushrooms. I can use this in a lot of different things, as well as eat it just as it is. I put some on a plate, then fried a couple of eggs in butter and lemon and plopped them on top. It was quite delicious. Eggs and lemon, a surprisingly good combo. Got this idea from the recipe thread also.

Playing a bit of catch up today, my first real day off since last Thursday. As you can imagine, the laundry was out of control. I'm thinking about swimming but I really need to do some stuff. I can go tonight, there is open swim from 6-7 PM. That is a better plan.

I'm listening to a Valentine's Day radio show from yesterday hoping my dedication to my dad got played.

Brilliant sunny day, I am going to get out my showshoes and have a go around the property.

Comment

• This morning I remembered some jeans I have tucked away from years ago - Lucky Brands that I held on to for sentimental reasons and also because they are bloody expensive. Well. They fit. Today I can go struttin' out in my favorite pair. I also dug out a belt from the olden days. Haven't worn a belt in years (fat ladies don't wear belts - at least this fat one didn't). This belt doesn't fit. It's too big. I'll have to poke a new hole in it if I want to wear it.

Comment

• That is so cool

Comment

• Also want to document that I am very happy with my expensive skin products, which are turning out to be worth it. Even though the price tag is daunting, these products are generously sized and highly concentrated, meaning they will last for a very long time. Although I wouldn't expect anyone else to notice a difference, I definitely notice the texture of my skin is improved. And it is so much fun to be able to choose and use any product I want rather than the frantic-please-stop-my-skin-from-breaking-out that I have lived with for so long. (I spent thousands of dollars on doctors and prescription products that never helped and often made things worse.) Although someone told me I look beautiful last night (in a platonic way) so maybe the products are having more effect than I give them credit for. Funny, when I was young and trim and firm and basically pretty nice looking, no one ever told me that I was beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X