No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Siobhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am thinking my cats have a whole alternative life that I know nothing about.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Yes, I was also wondering if you have found the avocados. Hopefully before they start to decay...
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Primal lion cats strike again!
        Female 55
        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
          Made some coconut macaroons last night. Primal, of course. Just coconut, egg whites, vanilla, honey. Very, very good. Would be even better with some chocolate on them, but I didn't do that. I can't make these too often, I will eat them ALL.
          I'm not sure if I want/should ask for the recipe...

Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
          Very pretty outside, a winter wonderland. The trees are covered in snow and the sun is shining.
          It rained here today and the snow is all gone But I got to wear my new rainboots!

Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
          BW Cat just ran by me with a banana. Where did he get a banana? And why does he want a banana?
          Hahaha!
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• This is the one I used: Primal Coconut Macaroons Allison Eats. But I didn't put chocolate on them, though I am sure it would be wonderful.

I solved the mystery of the banana. At least I discovered where he got it. What he saw in it, that is still a mystery. Apparently my landlord dropped a couple of bananas in the garage by accident. When the guy came to fill the propane tank, he saw the bananas and put them on my stairway. (I had left the door open for him in case he needed to come in.) So there is one still around somewhere. Probably with the avocados. This cat is crazy. I used to have a cat that would hide away shiny things like earrings if she could get hold of them, but I have never heard of a cat that hides fruit.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
              I am thinking my cats have a whole alternative life that I know nothing about.
              Lounging on your bed, listening to opera, sipping banana margaritas. Nice.

Comment

• Love the image of your cat running past with a banana. One of mine steals things from the kitchen if they're left out for too long, though she always leaves evidence in the middle of the living room floor. HOW she carries some of these things and gets past the dogs with them, I will never know.
                My journal

Comment

• I am so making those macaroons.
                  I don't see why not tonight

Comment

• The cool thing about macaroons is that even normal recipes don't usually have any flour or grains - they are commonly eaten during Passover if you're kosher. (Or even if you're not.) So the recipes don't have to be modified very much, usually just swap out honey for the sugar. I think I'll have to make some more, this time with chocolate!

Good food today. Steak, roasted cauliflower, a salad with a poached egg, fish, cauliflower rice. Small piece of dark chocolate. I'm a huge fan of Endangered Species chocolate. I only buy it because of the animals, of course.

Comment

• I'm really glad I finally gave in and explored cauliflower. I never liked it before. It is such a great substitute for potatoes and rice. And today I discovered that if you toss it with oil and curry powder and roast it in the oven until it is quite brown and crisp, it tastes and crunches very much like fried breaded food, like a fried mushroom or clam. And it is delicious. I am sure other spices would give a good result also.

I deliberately stayed off the computer most of today and there were so many things I wanted to put here in my journal and now I have forgotten them all!

Comment

• Toss some turmeric on the cauliflower when roasting, along with garlic, and maybe paprika, plus s & p. It's rather lovely. Cauliflower "rice" is versatile, and mashed cauliflower is rather amazing. Especially with lovely cheese & butter added. And have you tried parsnip fries? You must. Seek out Primalpat's blog. Don't have the link bookmarked, but she has an amazing BBQ parsnip fries recipe that's oh so good.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I will try that tomorrow! I am a big fan of smoked paprika so that will probably be a treat.

I've been drinking turmeric tea nearly every day and I know this sounds crazy, but I sing better after drinking it. I add three notes to my top range. Is this my imagination? No other hot drink does this. I drank some before going to choir last night and fearlessly went for all the B flats I missed the week before. Weird.

Okay, got the BBQ parsnip recipe. That's gonna be on the menu this weekend. My ex is coming to visit and he will eat primal with me. Especially if I make stuff like this!

Comment

• Yum, parsnip fries!
                            My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Okay, I'm printing out recipes like crazy here. It's going to be a gluttonous weekend.

Comment

• Roasted up some more cauliflower. That stuff is so good! When I eat it, I suddenly remember a beach restaurant that I used to go to in Massachusetts - fried stuff up the wazoo. I was never as into that stuff as my husband, but it was fun to go there. The earthy taste and the texture are so similar. The difference is that I actually really like roasted cauliflower.

I remember once we were driving home after eating at that restaurant - I was driving - and he suddenly told me to pull over. He got out and projectile vomited. He got back into the car, quite cheerful, and said, "Bad clam!" That episode did not dim his enthusiasm for the place.

Have you read Mark's post today? Great stuff! Really, really great! The idea that in 'treating' yourself you are handing over control of your eating to some outside authority resonates with me. I have always been very uncomfortable when someone picks up a cupcake and says, "Oh, I shouldn't eat this. I'm bad. But I deserve it." That just seems so wrong on every level but I could never articulate why it bothers me so much. It is all just a choice - your choice - as to what you put in your mouth.

That said, I am personally 'treating' myself to all sorts of Tazo teas. I was in the break room in the ER, where I do not belong, but I often rummage for tea in their cupboards because frankly there is a lot of good stuff in there that no one seems to use. The table was covered with corn chips, cupcakes, cookies, doritos. I found a ziplock bag stuffed with all sorts of different Tazo teas. I asked around if I could have one and the secretary told me to take the whole thing, that it belongs to her mother who is out for several more months on sick leave. I started off with a cup of KE tea pre-meal, then had some Lotus during the meal (roasted cauliflower and leftover steak) and now am tucking into a cup of caramel. Not real caramel - a lot of herbs that taste like caramel. Although I think it would be stupendous with a bit of butter in it...yes, it is delicious with a pat of Kerrygold in it.

We're having very, very high winds today. At least 60 mph. It's kind of nerve-wracking. At least the rain has stopped. It was coming at me sideways this morning when I left work. It is, oddly enough, about 60F, but it is supposed to get colder tonight.
                                Last edited by Siobhan; 01-31-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X