• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas, Sweet Siobhan~
    and we'll know your necklace is under there, too
    Sing like the angels.

Comment

• Happy Christmas too

Just mopping the kitchen floor, have set the table for breakfast (some hope with teenagers, But hey it;s Christmas!), and about to go to bed.

I hope everyone has a happy, restful and peaceful day tomorrow.

Comment

• Agreed, porterhouse for breakfast and rib roast for dinner!!

A very Merry Christmas to you.

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Oh, the spambots found my chimney and left me a gift! Too bad I didn't leave a fire burning last night! Or put the catbox right under the opening.

The service went wonderfully last night and I was very dressed up and got many compliments. Yes, I will admit I love getting compliments. We sang beautifully.

The porterhouse is sizzling away right now, I have two primal sauces ready, and the brazilian cheese bread is puffing up nicely in the oven. Merry Primal Christmas Breakfast!
          Last edited by Siobhan; 12-25-2012, 09:59 AM.
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• This post is probably TMI, but here goes. I got myself a Christmas present of some new underwear. I bought some last summer and it was the worst stuff I ever got. It's falling apart! In a departure from my usual black I bought plum colored panties. I like them a lot and the quality is much better. It's really just not a good thing to wear cheap falling apart undies. And I got two new bras that are a very odd combination of sports bra and regular bra. They are in one piece but have a regular hook-and-eye closing where you would expect to find it. Hard to get into! But with my new primal lifestyle I want to have an everyday bra that will do the job if I decide to go for a hike or a sprint. They are not plum but a very ordinary cream color. Anyway, I'll be rocking the locker room at the pool!

I'm watching the Nature program about Echo the elephant, which I've already seen about ten times. Still, it gets me every time. Why does human birth leave me unmoved, but I cry like crazy when I see elephants being born? (In the course of my job I attend births regularly. I find them disgusting.)

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I'm always amazed with large animals, when the infant drops that they are not hurt or killed more often.

Comment

• Yeah, it's a six foot drop, can you imagine?

Comment

• Okay, now we've moved on to bears. During the winter they hibernate and don't urinate or defecate for months. They recycle their own waste into protein, losing fat and gaining muscle, barely moving! Why, oh why, can't humans do that? They also sleep through birth. I wanna be a bear!

Comment

• You're not planning anything, are you?

Comment

• Hells bells, I wanna be a bear. No recourse for getting fat, no need for a job, sleep through labor, efficient waste system, gratuitous sleep, and, if you live in the right cave, no hunters!
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yeah, if there is reincarnation, I'm coming back as a bear! Yep, the days start getting short, I'll gorge on delicious fattiness, have a lot of sex - mind you, the male will be looking for a nice plump mate - then when I feel like it I'll fall asleep for a long while and when I wake up, the kidlings will be practically grown up and I'll be all slender and nicely muscled.

I might as well put down my eats for the day so far. Started the day with the rib eye portion of a porterhouse and three cheese bread popover thingys. Tea with milk. Smoothie a couple of hours ago, also a pear. Four oz. red wine. I've made the mashed cauliflower (I understand it reheats beautifully) and the rib roast is ready to go into the oven.

Comment

• BW Cat smells like peppermint, I have no idea why.

Comment

• Okay, I've had porterhouse and rib roast on the same day. That's insane. But I can say definitively that I might as well have a porterhouse instead of going to the trouble of cooking a rib roast. Maybe just save that for restaurants. It's not really a lot of trouble, but it's messy and not the easiest thing to handle, especially compared with cooking a steak. My mashed cauliflower wasn't as good as the first batch - this tasted more like cauliflower. There is a lot left, I wonder how to temper it down, get rid of that sulfurous taste that I'm not so fond of? Maybe more garlic. But all in all the meal was good. Ate two more popovers, and being the carb addict that I am, that was the best part of the meal. I love the way they are all crunchy on the edges. I can't believe how many of them I ate, but I am glad they are gone. I cannot have those around the house. Zero willpower. Also I had a large salad with pesto dressing and I'm washing it down with some kombucha. I'm happy to go back to a more normal pattern tomorrow. Will swim, eat leftovers, and work tomorrow night.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday!

Comment

• Chloe smells like ham, and I'm pretty sure I know why.

Comment

• Sounds like Chloe had a merry Christmas!

Well, a big storm is barreling this way, although this morning is sunny and pleasant. It snowed on and off yesterday but left only a dusting. I only hope my commute home tomorrow morning won't be too horrible.

Woke up not hungry this morning. That's really no surprise. I feel like I've eaten enough in the last week to carry over for awhile, although we all know it doesn't work that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X