No announcement yet.

A Little Bit of R & R

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to admit to just realizing that going straight from GAPS into to ARMY probably isn't the best plan. I've been struggling with this a lot too, so I think it may be best to chalk this up to a learning experience. I'll try again in the summer and try to implement a few things I've learned.

1) eat enough food. I can't do the whole "eat when you're hungry" because my first sign of hunger isn't being hungry, it's mental impairment and fatigue because I'm broken.

2) omg freaking eat enough food. Slow digestion is a symptom of starvation dumbass. Given I was fat way before dieting became cool, but caloric restriction basically from my EARLY teens onward (except during swim season when I gorged and still lost weight lol) is probably what broke me.

3) there's something to this GAPS diet, but the intro is HARD to eat enough food without overdoing it on the concentrated sources. If I absolutely have to while in training, I'll eat oats and rice, but I am going to avoid wheat if I can. Hopefully they'll have unlimited bananas, but probably not. I need to come up with a general, alterable plan.

4) those lemon seeds in my poop were possibly gallstones. Interesting. After seeing them, I did decrease my fat intake. I was getting stomach upset every time I ate, so obviously that much fat isn't for me, but there may be something there therapeutically. I may try a gallbladder flush next week/end just to see what happens.

5) I need protein. A long while ago I took some quiz on a website that labeled me as the protein type. It was very low carb if I remember, so I kinda didn't follow it. However, I need to remember that's a thing. I simply function best with high protein. I should probably have some at every meal instead of trying to convince myself that it's okay to go until lunch on fruit. I need to remember that every time I do that, I crash and just eat more sweets, continuing the cycle.

6) my body's own HCl is improving! I'm on the lowest dose of supplementary betaine HCl and I feel a pleasantly warm sensation of good digestion. Salty and savory meals seem to be the best (I was eating sashimi when I noticed), but that could be a fluke. This also corresponded with a caloric surplus/adequacy, so it could be that too. Probably both.

7) I need to have food prepared. SO THAT I CAN EAT ENOUGH OF IT. I am going to start batch cooking so that I'll only have to make extra meals a few times a week, specifically things that don't keep like hamburgers (grass fed ground beef woo). Veg included. Meaning I need to buy more containers.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Just stumbled on this and I love it.

http://www.girlsgonestrong.com/the-3...-active-women/

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
        Just stumbled on this and I love it.

The 3 Biggest Myths About Fat-Burning For Active Women | Girls Gone Strong

Cool.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          Cool.
          Right??

In other news. I WANT TO GET BACK IN THE GYM. GRR.

I also bought kefir. Maybe this is the wrong way to come off GAPS, but I'm pretty sure expedited into ARMY is definitely the wrong way.

But I do love kefir.

Comment

kefir.
            Awesome! Not sure why that's a bad thing but I hope it goes well with the kefir. What kind did you get?
            Music of the day/week/month/whatever:

K.A.A.N. - L.T.N. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWocmse1Ef4

Comment

• Originally posted by Nellodee View Post
              Awesome! Not sure why that's a bad thing but I hope it goes well with the kefir. What kind did you get?
              Lifeway. Probably the single best thing the commissary sells.

So far only good reactions lol. I love dairy.

Comment

• Mm that's the best kind imo. Full fat though, the low tastes funny. Hope the kefir and eventual Army food don't hurt you too bad!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nellodee View Post
                  Mm that's the best kind imo. Full fat though, the low tastes funny. Hope the kefir and eventual Army food don't hurt you too bad!
                  Yeah that's the one thing, they don't have fully fat in the commissary. The only whole milk foods are actual milk. Most of the yogurt is 0% lol.

That menu I did (very, very hopeful) really isn't all that bad. If it were whole milk and the veg were reliably present, I'd be okay with my family eating similarly. I'd add a bit of butter to the veg though lol.

But I'll bet at least a lot of they days the offerings will be meatballs (with breadcrumbs), fried cutlet (basically more breadcrumbs and veg oil), and stuffed fish (with more bread than fish). Or lasagne lol. The army loves it's healthy complex carb white pasta.

One day I'll post the streetlight examples. It'll make you cry with frustration what they're feeding the boys (and girls!) who need all their wits and strength to stay alive.

Comment

• PT: easing back into it with a good twenty minutes on the bike.

Made all my calorie goals, but cronometer says I'm low in iron, manganese, and vitamin E.

Comment

• Oh my god RR. Why does your food always look so pretty? There must be something wrong with mine _

Those are the things I'm always deficient in. Those and vitamin K. Might be because you're eating less meat now.

Comment

PT: easing back into it with a good twenty minutes on the bike.

Made all my calorie goals, but cronometer says I'm low in iron, manganese, and vitamin E.

Holy crap that all looks so tasty. Especially the eggs and avocados. I'm cooking that tonight just cause I saw it!
                        Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• I love eggs and avocado! RR, you do take a tasty photo. Mine always look like mush. This could be because my basic food is: protein + sauce and/or spices + rice, all smooshed together in the rice cooker. IOW mush.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Yay I'm glad my random phone pics brought at least a few people some good food!

Nell, that last one is the frittata recipe I just gave you minus the cheese. It was good. Cheese would have made it magic.

Comment

• Not pictured: whey, banana, cacao, and amazing grass smoothie. I cooked so much I didn't want to cook anymore lol.

But now I have chicken salad prepped and soup ready to go in the slow cooker for lunch tomorrow. Okay, I had a few spoonfuls of the salad too. Omg. I made mayo with avocado oil. So much thicker than olive oil. It's still a refined oil, though it isn't one of the I herently toxic ones, so it's not an everyday, adding to my health food, but it's damn tasty.

Dinner being rather snacky, wasn't exactly ideal for my nutritional goals.

PT: I miraculously got off work and went to the Saint Patty's day parade. Wow I don't know how that happened. I walked around pretty much all morning and was super tired when I got back (right at five), so I logged that for my workout of the day. Probably could have done more, but damn I was way too tired to care about doing a quality workout, and I need to be able to do that especially to recover well.

Stress: surprise not going to work does wonders, but crowds kinda suck. I didn't punch anyone in the face though. Being up and active all day was a good practice in not slouching too.

Comment

• If you can't tell, eggs + avocado = much too much yum to get bored. Especially when there's Gouda under that egg.

Comment

Working...
                                X