My Journey (Primal Journal: Rob)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Journey (Primal Journal: Rob)

My name is Rob and this is my inital 30 day journal of going primal. I plan to record exercise, food and thoughts of the day.

Comments, questions, support, constructive critcism are welcome and highly encouraged!

Day 1

Exercise:
    ½ mile sprint, push ups/flutterkicks; ½ mile jog, burpees; ½ mile sprints, push ups/flutterkicks; ½ mile jog, burpees

Food:
    breakfast; protein shake with whey protein and keifer
    lunch; chicken and broccoli
    supper; chick filet :-(

Thoughts:
    Pretty good day up until supper. Super excited about this 30 day challenge, and very determined to see it through, reading ch1 of the Primal Blueprint.

Day 2

No exercise, rest day.

Food:
    breakfast; protein shake with whey protein and keifer and blueberries
    lunch; chicken and broccoli and cauliflower
    supper; roast beef with potatoes and carrots.
    Snack; ½ bar of dark chocolate, 70% caco

Thoughts:
    It was a much better day food-wise. Reading ch2 of the Primal Blueprint and feeling really good about my decision. Watched an episode of a show called ‘I, Caveman’ where 10 people try to live 10 days like our paleo ancestors did. The episode I saw, they used an atl-atl to kill an elk for food, so I google-searched atl-atl and now am interested in trying to make one for myself.

I forgot to mention....

I am starting this off weighing in at 253lbs.

Comment

Day 3
      Exercise: martial arts class/low level calisthenics
      Food:
      Breakfast – whey protein shake with keifer and strawberries
      Lunch – chicken and broccoli and cauliflower
      Supper – chicken breast and broccoli
      Thoughts:
      Pretty good day over all, feeling optimistic that I can pull this 30 day challenge off. Still reading ch2 of the Primal Blueprint.

Comment

Day 4
        Exercise:
        30 min of weights, calisthenics and plyometrics

Food:

Breakfast – whey protein shake with keifer and blueberries

Lunch – chicken and green salad with cranberries, macadamia nuts, shredded cheese, and vinaigrette for dressing.

Supper – chicken and broccoli

Thoughts:
        So far so good! Feeling pretty good, however it’s the weekend and historically weekends don’t go well for me; i.e. I fall off the wagon. I feel like if I can make it past this weekend hurdle I will be doing good, also been wondering when the carb blues/flu is going to set in and how I will do getting over that hurdle. Any suggestions out there???

Day 5

Exercise:
        Played with my kids at the playground and walked a bit

Food:

Breakfast – scrambled eggs with cheese and avocado, nitrate free bacon

Lunch – chicken and macadamia nut/cranberries trail mix

Supper – grass fed ground beef cooked in coconut oil, stir-fry vegetables cooked in coconut oil, onion and mushrooms sautéed in butter, avocado on the side.

Thoughts:
        Feeling REALLY good today! Had a wonderful time at the park with the kids just playing and walking the dog. Seems like my fears for the weekend were unfounded since I am maintaining the discipline to keep on the primal path.

Comment

Day 6

Exercise: moved 10 bags of mulch from Lowes to my truck and my truck to the back yard, mowed and weed eated

Food:

Breakfast –eggs fried in butter with shredded cheese and topped with slice of turkey

Lunch – left-overs from last night

Supper – Chicken breast and broccoli

Thoughts: Well the day is done and I am still totally Primal, I survived the weekend! Totally stoked from being able to stick with the Primal path! I weighed myself last night and am down to 246 from 253 after 6 days, simply amazing.

Comment

You're going well Rob. As well as weight loss you will see a whole raft of improvements in your general well being, the PB lifestyle makes such a difference.
            Odille
            F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
            following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

Day 7

Exercise: mile and a half of telephone pole sprints

Food:

Breakfast – whey protein shake with blueberries and organic milk
              Lunch – leftover chicken and green leafy salad w/ cranberries, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, and cheese
              Supper – beef burgers (real beef) and potatoes fried in coconut oil

Thoughts: another fabulous day! Pretty proud of myself for maintaining the discipline to stay on the path. I won't weigh myself again til the 21 day mark, and maybe post a before/updated pic.

Thanx for the encouragement Analog6!

Comment

Day 8

Exercise: yard work (hoeing and raking mulch)

Food:

Breakfast – whey protein shake with blueberries and organic milk
                Lunch – chicken and green leafy salad w/ cranberries, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, and cheese
                Supper – steak cooked on butter, sautéed mushrooms and onions, broccoli, and mashed potatoes.

Thoughts: Another successful day! Had a moments weakness when the wife walked in from school with take-out from BK b/c she missed lunch, but I quashed that impulse with the iron fist of discipline and marched on to one more day totally primal.

Comment

Day 9

Exercise: ½ mile sprint, calisthenics, ½ mile jog, burpees, ½ mile sprints, calisthenics, ½ mile jog, burpees

Food:

Lunch – chicken and green leafy salad w/ cranberries, cilantro, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, and cheese
                  Supper – chicken, that’s it

Thoughts: Almost didn’t work out this morning, but I crushed the impulse to take the easy way out and did my thing; and was glad I did. Another great day overall under my belt; or should I say out from under my belt?

Comment

Day 10

Exercise: took a break

Food:

Breakfast – scrambled eggs and nitrate-free bacon
                    Lunch – chicken and broccoli
                    Supper – chick filet

Thoughts: Had to run errands in the evening with the family and we ended up getting chick filet. NOT happy about it and wondering on a scale of 1-10 how horrible it was. Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Comment

Day 11

Exercise: 30 min of weights, calisthenics and plyometrics

Food:

Lunch – chicken
                      Supper – roast beef w/potatoes and carrots

Thoughts: well another good day, no hiccups this time.

Comment

Day 12

Exercise: moved boxes from attic to garage in preparation for moving.

Food:

Lunch – chicken
                        Supper – chicken and stir-fried in coconut oil vegetables

Thoughts: arduous day today. The ice cream temptation was strong and it didn’t help that there is a gallon of it in the freezer (belongs to the wife). But I managed to endure and another successful day.

Comment

Day 13

Exercise: day off

Food:

Lunch – scrambled eggs and cheese
                          Supper – chicken and stir fry veggies in coconut oil

Thoughts: pretty good day, had a hard time with sugar cravings so broke down and had some chocolate and drank plenty of water. Another day down!

Comment

You're rolling along just great Rob. I have ice cream cravings too - and funnily enough I have rarely been able to eat it because I have extra sensitive teeth and anything icey cold gives me a humdinger of an instant headache - but I have made up a yummy chocolate / avocado mousse (w hav 3 avo trs) for craving times. Trouble is my partner will gobble it all up if I leave some in the fridge! I warn you that it is very more-ish! Other fruits could be substituted, of course.

Odille's Avocado / Chocolate Mousse
                            (I find about 50-70 g is an ample serve, but 100g is a nice even number to calculate the carbs count. I measure most of my foodstuffs to 100g, then just work it out from there after weighing.)

Ingredients
                            250g Avocado Shepard/Fuerte preferred
                            1.5 tbsp Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened
                            1 tsp Vanilla extract
                            1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
                            1 cup (250ml) Cream, fluid, heavy whipping
                            25g bar ark chocolat (I us Aldi 85% Moser Roth)
                            1/4 tsp stevia or a som honey to taste

Method
                            Mix all ingredients in food processor/blender (dark choc needs to stand out at room temp for a couple of hours beforehand). Divide into bowls or glasses and chill in the fridge. Top with shaved dark chocolate or mint leaves. Makes 4-6 serves and is veryrich.
                            (Note it is NOT very sweet, I am not a big sweet eater. If you want it sweeter, a some honey or some extra sweetener)

Nutrition pr 100g Serving (but I could only eat half a serve, I found, as it is so rich)

Energy - 288 calories
                            Carbs - 4g
                            Fiber - 1.5g
                            Sugars - 1.3
                            Fat - 30g
                            Protein - 2.6g
                            Odille
                            F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
                            following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

Day 14

Exercise: 1 ½ mile telephone pole sprints.

Food:

Lunch – chicken and left over veggies
                              Supper – chicken breast and a slice of cheese

Thoughts: Sprints seemed a bit short this morning, thinking about keeping the distance and increasing the length 2:1 (2 length sprinting/1 length walking) Another good day overall, doing well, feeling even better!

Thanks for the tip! I may try that here this week, school sked allowing!

Comment

Working...
                              X