No announcement yet.

My Primal Journal - his_chick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey looks like you're going well! If you're getting plenty of veg there's not much else you can do. Sometimes we're unlucky enough to get sick

Comment

Yer. I agree. Need to get sick to appreciate being well.

Breakdown for last night:
      Lamb shanks were really yummy. Succulent n fell off the bone, made with mushrooms, crushed tomato and bacon. Also added some sweet potato but next time won't because they were filling enough without.
      Also had a pear for afternoon tea too.

1661 calories
      105g carbs
      63g fat
      161g protein
      44g sugar- mostly all from fruit!

At work today, not feeling much better than yesterday but happy to be occupied.
      Today so far:
      Breakfast: 2 eggs with vege - silverbeet, tomato, broccoli and butternut pumpkin.
      Morning tea: small apple, carrot and celery sticks and 10g each of almonds and brazilnuts.
      Lunch: 2 cans tuna, HUGE salad of cos lettuce, tomato, carrot, red capsicum and cucumber
      Going out for dinner tonight to a restaurant I haven't been to before so will check ahead to see why options there might be. Excited!

Happy day!
      Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
      - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
      - People comment that my skin is glowing.
      - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
      - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Comment

I let go of all control these last two days. Chocolate and a huge piece of cake yesterday and more chocolate today. I've also been sick and I'm sure that all my emotions ganged up on me and I let go. I'm gonna try not to beat myself up but definitely shows I'm not as in control as I thought I was. Calories for both yesterday and today would have been a little higher and definitely a higher sugar percentage. I've got a sugar headache at the moment and I'm feeling shaky. Sugar hangover indeed.

Like I've said before, tomorrow is a new day and my intentions to make it better than the last two days are real.
        What I ate last night:

Went to an Italian restaurant for dinner, beautiful service, I had 1 and a half antipasto plates with vegetables and 2 garlic prawns. Dessert was a row of dark chocolate with peppermint filling and a black tea. Also ate a large piece of mud cake and some dairy milk chocolate egg. Huge fail!

What I ate today:
        Breakfast: 120g bone in steak, capsicum, tomato and pumpkin with feta cheese and an egg.
        Lunch: small portion of potato bake, salad, chicken satay kebab, caramelised mushroom and onions and a pork loin chop
        Dessert: mixed berries with coconut cream and 4 squares 'crunch chocolate'
        Others: 2 cups of chai tea and a handful of almonds and brazilnuts.

Won't eat dinner unless I get hungry, I have all intentions to fast until after breakfast tomorrow.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Don't beat yourself up too much. Just count the cake and choccy as your 20% for the week. One of the greats things about this lifestyle is that it's sustainable in the long term and and can absorb those little slip ups. The important bit is not allowing that slip up to completely derail you...and judging by today looks like you're right back on track!
          Right here Right now

An Aussie girl goes Primal

Comment

Being sick probably didn't help. It's probably one of those things, that if it happens early on in your primal journey, then your bodies default reaction to being sick is comfort food and sugar, and being sick you're too weak to resist. Don't beat yourself up, get back on track, and hopefully next time you get sick your body will be more primal-fied, and you'll know what to expect. Lots of chicken soup and cups of warm tea And if you're still feeling sick, maybe lay of the IF and get lots of healthy fats in you till it passes.

Comment

Thanks guys. Appreciate the encouragement. Chicken soup for the soul. Mmm mm.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Had a really good day today, but still feeling yucky and my craving for comfort foods are overwhelming! Managed to eat well with only chocolate this evening being my downfall. Has resulted in a enormous cramped belly and headache.

Today's intake:
                Breakfast: an egg with vege (silverbeet, pumpkin, tomato, egg and broccoli).
                Morning Tea and Lunch: HUGE salad with egg and 120 g porterhouse steak, 30g almonds
                Dinner: steamed veges with jewfish.
                Dessert: (where I came unstuck) black chai tea, coconut cream and chocolate with mixed berries. Disappointed again I gave in to my control issues. Can't stop at just one, once I start and I've really got to find something to distract myself from continually sabotaging myself.
                Really disappointed tonight.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

I still can't stop at one - if I start I still binge I think it takes time. Don't beat yourself up, and make sure there is nothing in the house to temp you tomorrow night.

Comment

Yep. That's exactly right. Friday was much better. Fortunately I didn't start and I managed to withstand the cravings.

Friday:
                    Breakfast: 2 eggs, carrot, tomato, red capsicum and a small portion of potato bake.
                    Morning Tea: capsicum, carrot and celery sticks and an apple.
                    Lunch: salad and smoked tuna can, 2 almonds
                    Dinner: chicken, tomato, eggplant, mushroom, spinach, onion and butternut pumpkin all mixed in together. Tasted amazing but the after effects lasted all night. Hehe. Gonna have to figure this one out now.
                    Dessert: raw cocoa, some thickened cream and mixed berries.
                    Had a win on the resisting tonight. In the past I've found that my first setback starts a pattern, (which it did) but this time I've got the support and motivation to stop that pattern.

Reading around the journals also helped because it seems this week lots of ppl were struggling with emotional eating. Not that it makes my struggles any less important for me but it's also nice to realise that everything goes in cycles and effects others too. Thanks agin Lucy and ellement for the encouragement. I appreciate the support. ;D

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Originally posted by his_chick View Post
                      Reading around the journals also helped because it seems this week lots of ppl were struggling with emotional eating. Not that it makes my struggles any less important for me but it's also nice to realise that everything goes in cycles and effects others too. Thanks agin Lucy and ellement for the encouragement. I appreciate the support. ;D
                      Hey, you're more than welcome ...we're all in this together, all have our own hurdles to overcome, all need some support sometime, but equally all have something to give back to the community in return. At least we have somewhere where we know everyone is (mostly!) on the same page, makes the journey that much easier, and enjoyable too!

Hope you're having a great weekend
                      Right here Right now

An Aussie girl goes Primal

Comment

I am having a nice one. Found a beautiful fresh fruit n vege shop only 10 mins from my house that stocks mostly locally grown produce. Got excited n spent $50 in there.
                        Went to a baby shower this afternoon for my SIL, so excited for her and my BIL, this will be there first. There was beautiful cakes and pastries and homemade rolls and sandwiches on offer and I resisted for the whole party but came unstuck on the way out. Ate lots of cake n again disappointed because I had a really good primal day til then.

Breakfast: a serving of leftovers from last nights dinner, with an egg all mixed up.
                        Lunch: skipped as breakfast was late and the party started at 1pm.
                        Afternoon Tea: ate some cheese at the party as it was the most primal (and it isn't primal) option.
                        Dinner: 120g steak with steamed carrot, pumpkin and choko.
                        Dessert: a lot of cake. Nibbled at it so unfortunately don't even know how much. Enough to give me a belly ache and sugar headache again.

I WILL eventually flex that willpower muscle. So addicted to sugar, so hard to quit.

Had probably 5 cups of tea at the party. Lol. Trying to stave off the eating urge.

Tomorrow is another. New. Day. Looking forward to bacon, eggs spinach and tomatoes for breakfast.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Aw babies! My SIL had a baby last year, first in the family, and it was such a great happy time, baby showers and all the excitement. She is now the most spoiled 10 month old in Australia. You did pretty well considering the party atmosphere -I always lose my self control at those things and start inhaling everything in sight.

Comment

I'm so clucky. To the point where I would rather babysit than go out on a Friday or Saturday night. Lol.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

I hear that - I am obsessed with my niece, just had a visit this afternoon. Last year after I got married I was at a crossroads - if I got my scholarship it was PhD then baby, otherwise baby. So now I have to wait three years!

Comment

Hopefully like myself it will be worth the wait. Doesn't make waiting any easier though.

My day today was really good. Lots a beautiful primal food with no slip ups of 'just one'. I ate a lot, but it was a lot of yummy food and I enjoyed each and every little bit.

Breakfast: green smoothie with silverbeet, a banana, a few strawberries, a cup of almond milk, 30g coconut milk and a raw egg.
                                Morning Tea: black tea and handful of trail mix, 2 small slices of cheese with celery sticks.
                                Lunch: 2 thick sausages, 2 lamb mince sticks, heaps of salad, salami and sweet potato dip.
                                Dinner: 3 rashers of bacon, fried egg and tomato on a bed of wilted silverbeet.
                                Dessert: mixed berries with raw cocoa and coconut milk.

Yummy, guilt free day. Intending to get back into the gym tomorrow morning after an entire week off due to sickness.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Working...
                                X