No announcement yet.

My Primal Journal - his_chick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing much better thanks! I really struggle being at home on my own so I'm going to try to either go out or try to keep myself busy or occupied to stop myself grazing.

Yesterday was great,
    Breakfast: egg, silverbeet, zucchini, carrot and broccoli
    Morning Tea: almonds, brazilnuts, carrot, red and green capsicum slices.
    Lunch: large can of tuna and HUGE salad.
    Afternoon Tea: nibbled on raw veges whilst making dinner.
    Dinner: 3 chicken kebabs, beef tomato and red wine bolognaise sauce with mixed vegetables.

Wednesday - Today.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, silverbeet, zucchini and broccoli.
    Morning Tea: celery, almonds and brazilnuts.
    Lunch: silverbeet, zucchini, broccoli and beef bolognaise from last night.
    Afternoon Tea: (planned) tea and 1/2 banana.
    Dinner: beef bolognaise with vegetable linguine.
    Going to do my best to not snack after dinner.

Have been much better with my snacking since getting rid of the peanut butter jar. Lol.

Exercise today arms, shoulders and back session with weights.
    Loving being primal!
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Comment

After getting home tonight hubby and I went grocery shopping straight away. He ate the last banana so I had a few sticks of celery on the way to the grocery store.

Afternoon Tea: celery and a glass of water.
      Dinner: fresh caught dew fish, mixed steamed veges (pumpkin, carrot, silverbeet and zucchini) and way more hot chips than I intended.
      Dessert: mixed berries with both flaked coconut and coconut cream.
      I ate too much. I can feel it and as good as it all was.. And it was all really good, I've now felt what it is to be full and it isn't a nice feeling. Blah!

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

I actually like goat milk more than regular milk now - some people say it's got a slightly herby taste, but I don't see it myself. I just have to try and limit myself to 1-1.5cups a day, since it is full fat, but also has some carbs. Still I think it's a good trade off between full-cream and skim. I get the Paul's Goat milk, the only one the supermarket seems to stock. If I could find goat yoghurt I'd be in heaven!

Hey, for that dessrt of berries and coconut cream, do you whip the cream of just pour it over?

Comment

I keep my cans in the fridge and don't shake it before opening it. It's quite solid on top which when spooned out is like a whipped cream consistency. I love it. The bottom half of the can is more runny so I'm probably indulging in the fattiest part of the can all at once but I try to make it last 3 servings at least. Yummiest!

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Originally posted by his_chick View Post
            I keep my cans in the fridge and don't shake it before opening it. It's quite solid on top which when spooned out is like a whipped cream consistency. I love it. The bottom half of the can is more runny so I'm probably indulging in the fattiest part of the can all at once but I try to make it last 3 servings at least. Yummiest!
            OMG that sounds incredible. Next time I treat myself to dessert THAT is what I am having!

Comment

Lol. Yep. It really is amazing...

Today has been really good, have resisted cravings at work and feeling energised and strong.

Fasted through breakfast, a boxing class and leg weights session this morning and was only feeling a little light headed as morning tea approached at 11am.
              Morning Tea: celery and carrot sticks and 20g almonds and brazilnuts.
              Lunch: HUGE salad with avocado and beef bolognaise mix from the fridge.
              Dinner: not sure yet, could potentially be joining my grandma so will do my best with what is provided. Going to attempt to stay primal and enjoy a cup of tea with her.

Might try fasting through breakfast tomorrow as well and see if my cardio camp session is as fun as usual.
              Have a wonderful Thursday night!

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Shot myself in the foot again. I always have the knack of doing that as soon as I finally get on a good track. 2 small Easter eggs. My first chocolate in 3 months. Another disappointing end to an otherwise excellent day.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Originally posted by his_chick View Post
                  Shot myself in the foot again. I always have the knack of doing that as soon as I finally get on a good track. 2 small Easter eggs. My first chocolate in 3 months. Another disappointing end to an otherwise excellent day.

Ah well, 2 small eggs isn't too much, can they go to your 20%?
                  I ate my 20% in one fell swoop last weekend - cocktails, and 2 pieces of my friends birthday cake (choc mud, marzipan icing, ganache in there too...heaven. The second piece made me feel sick though). So in comparison 2 eggs is nothing!

Comment

Heheh. That cake sounds amazing. I would have gone to two pieces as well.
                    They can go to my 20% I suppose, I'm a bit of an all or nothing person and I know I'm hard on myself so I'll have to back off a bit and try to enjoy the 20% rather than get worried by it.

Got back in bed this morning and missed cardio camp, ate a quick breakfast on the way to work, though it was only a raw carrot and half a raw zucchini so not much of a breakfast. Morning Tea and lunch today are the same as yesterday so only dinner is yet to be decided.

Have a great Friday Funday!
                    Watching the test tonight. Go Aussies!

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Friday Funday!

Breakfast: half a zucchini and a carrot, both raw.
                      Morning Tea: carrot and red capsicum slices with some diced cucumber. Also, 20g almonds and 10g brazilnuts and a black tea.
                      Lunch: HUGE salad with 200g beef bolognaise and veges with a small avocado.
                      Dinner: 130g beef bolognaise and veges with steamed broccoli, zucchini, butternut pumpkin and 2 eggs.
                      Haven't had anything since dinner and although I'm craving some chocolate I'm hoping I don't give in. Fingers crossed! Might make a tea now though. Gotta love tea.
                      Going to a new boot camp class in the morning. Looking forward to it but a bit daunted. Excited!

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Today's totals:

Until yesterday I was tracking my meals with Paleotracker which I really enjoyed because it let me know if my days eating was Paleo. Makes sense but what it doesn't do is separate meals, so I couldn't really see the meal breakdown only my whole day. For that reason only I've gone back to myfitnesspal because it both breaks up meals but also remembers the things I recently eaten. I tend to eat the same things everyday with only a little variation so it works better for me. Which tracker do you use and why?

Today:
                        979 calories made up of:
                        45g carbs
                        54g fats
                        85g protein
                        12g sugar- mostly from my carrots and capsicum.

Feeling pretty content too.
                        Last edited by his_chick; 04-20-2012, 03:25 AM. Reason: Spelling

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Had a really good happy day today.
                          IF'd through breakfast and a HUGE bootCamp session. Ate at 1230pm.

Breakfast: IF
                          Lunch: bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and silverbeet. 20g mixed trail mix.
                          Dinner: 2 eggs, silverbeet, zucchini, broccoli, butternut pumpkin.
                          Dessert: 30 g mixed berries. 2 brazilnuts.

+ 3 black English breakfast teas throughout the day.
                          Didn't pick at food today which was a nice change. Was content all day too.

Not feeling amazing today. Little bit out of it and a terrible sore throat and lethargy coming on. First time I've been even a little sick in ages. If anyone can tell me if I need to add anything into my diet that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

I've had a similar day to you, good happy day without feeling the need to graze ...sorry you're feeling a bit off though, hopefully it passes after a good night's sleep. Can't really advise on the diet as I'm still fairly new to this Primal thing myself.
                            Right here Right now

An Aussie girl goes Primal

Comment

Hey, I just use calorie king to track all my stuff - it may not be the most accurate, but it's easy!

Regarding feeling sick - are you getting enough veggies?

Comment

I think so... eating veges at every meal and trying hard to get lots of colour in too. MIght just be a 3 day bug or something.

Sunday:
                                Breakfast: eggs and veges at mums. Raided her fridge so had a mixture of pumpkin, tomato, carrot, broccoli and zucchini with 2 eggs and some mustard. Really yummy and filling too.

Snacked on some trail mix around lunch time with. Cup of black tea but didn't have anything else as I wasn't that hungry.

Dinner: made a roast chicken with roast veges from scratch. Seasoned it with lemon and garlic and ginger. I was pretty happy with it and it made me realise how much oil the store bought ones have. It was a lilydale one too so I felt a little better about the good fats and nutrients that may have been kept in there.

Dessert: indulged in some coconut chocolate mousse that was spoken about in the recipes tab. 541 calories worth seemed expensive but I really enjoyed it! Made on coconut milk, coconut cream and a milk chocolate bunny from Easter.

Totals for Sunday:
                                1263 calories
                                69 g carbs
                                67g fat
                                72g protein
                                34 g sugar - mostly from the chocolate.

That hopefully will be my indulgence day for this week. Fingers crossed.

Monday.

Woke up today not feeling up to a day at work. So spent the day cleaning the house instead. Took it out of me, sleepy girl come 3pm.

Breakfast: left over roast veges, cup of black tea.
                                Morning Tea: black tea and 10g almonds and 10g brazilnuts.
                                Lunch: eggs and veggies, 1 egg, silverbeet, carrot, tomato, broccoli, 100g left over roast chicken.
                                Dinner: planning to make a lamb shank soup, haven't done it before, so will be interesting to see how it ends up. Will probably add extra vegetables to bulk it out a bit.
                                May have a black tea for dessert. Struggling to drop the after dinner cravings but am staying simple so it's a start.

No exercise today as I wasn't feeling up to it. Did clean the house thoroughly, though so that counts too.
                                Happy Monday!

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Working...
                                X