No announcement yet.

My Primal Journal - his_chick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omega 6 may be an issue, especially since Australia has (sadly) been moving away from grassfed meat. Do you know
    if your meat is grain finished?

I try to balance Omega 6 with fish oil / eating fish.

I also cut out nuts--found they did not promote weight loss and really pushed up Omega 6 numbers.
    Good luck on your weekend!

Comment

Yes, you are right miss blue. Nuts certainly drive up the calorie count. Additionally I only need 20 grams of almonds and brazilnuts and I'm over my omega 6 quota. Hope to be able to eat more fish soon. Just have to find which ones don't make me feel I'll afterwards.

Weekend away with family is going well, have maintained my resolve. I was craving a cold milo whilst watching my nephew with one and not wanting the sugar or dairy milk made one with unsweetened almond milk and cocoa. Ewww. It was gross.

Food wise have stayed primal and eaten lots of fresh salad, veges, eggs and fruit.
      Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
      - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
      - People comment that my skin is glowing.
      - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
      - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Comment

Another good day here, stayed strong through the biggest chocolate day of the year.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, pumpkin, tomato and carrot. Earl grey tea - black.
        Lunch: steak, salad and veges, did have some hot chips too but a little potato hopefully won't ruin my good work.
        Snacks: had a plum and a handful of grapes.
        Dinner: not sure, going to SIL so will manage with what I can. She's been very accommodating so far.

It's been a very successful weekend so far so here's hoping I can continue.

Fingers crossed!

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Dinner last night was beautiful corned beef with vegetables with a black tea for dessert. Primal all day which made me feel awesome about my resolve.

Well. Unfortunately today was a little less impressive.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, carrot, pumpkin and corned beef omelette.
          Lunch: store bought salad which until I opened didn't realise it had pasta salad included. I ate it because I'd paid for it and afterwards wished I hadn't but I was hungry and it was there.
          Dinner: 1 egg with broccoli, silverbeet, tomato and coconut cream.
          Dessert: mixed berries with coconut cream and a spoonful of peanut butter.

A disappointing end to an almost good day. Annoyed.
          Back from our Easter weekend away and hoping to continue the good habits I'm trying to build.
          Putting tonight behind me.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

I'm slowing down a bit, didn't journal yesterday and I noticed because I hadn't set out my goals or intentions for the day I found myself snacking. Hmm.
            So. Yesterday was first day back at work. We had a 'healthy morning tea' celebrating our runner up status in a work competition. The platter was piled high with cheeses and fresh fruit and I unfortunately indulged a little too much. Had probably 3 serves of fruits and way more than the 3 pieces of cheese I was going to allow myself. Other than the cheeses I stuck with primal options. No breads or crackers.
            Yesterday was also our wedding anniversary and so we ordered dinner from the local Italian restaurant. My husband had garlic marina pasta and I chose the asparagus chicken with a garlic cream sauce and vegetables. It too probably had too much cream but by not getting a pasta I remove the temptation to eat grains. Is asparagus primal? I thought about it after eating and wondered because you probably wouldn't eat it raw? Hmm. May have slipped up there too.
            Had an almond milk tea after dinner with some berries and coconut cream. Unsure of breakdown for yesterday but definitely higher in both fat and carbs.

Good thing today is a new day and I can start over. Again.

Slept really well last night and up and out of bed easily despite the cooler weather that has hit.
            Breakfast : egg, silverbeet, 1/2 tomato and 1/4 of a zucchini cooked into an omelette.
            Morning Tea: (planned) Celery and carrot sticks, almonds and brazilnuts.
            Lunch: (planned) BIG salad with canned spring tuna.
            Afternoon Tea: (planned) black tea and a piece of fruit.
            Dinner: Hoping to make a savoury mince with vegetables to be able to eat for lunch tomorrow. My husband will probably have pasta left over so I'll add some zucchini linguine to bulk mine out a bit. I'm excited for dinner.

Exercise: with my assessment last week the trainer also gave me some circuits for weights. This morning was arms, shoulders and back for about 45 mins, slow and steady. I then also spent about 15mins walking/ cross trainer.

It's a good day. I'm smiling, hope you are too.
            I'll check back in and let you all know how my planned things went.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Wednesday night! Checking in with both good and no so good news.

Good news:
              Added a fried egg and two rashers of bacon to my salad- soo yummy. Really enjoyed it and added some extra protein and fat to my macro breakdown.

Dinner was really yummy too, made tomato and basil bolognaise with mixed vegetable linguine and enjoyed some mixed berries and coconut cream for dessert. Soo good!

Not so good:
              The cheese found me again along with that nasty peanut butter again. Sad face. Just gotta get away from the triggers. Strategy 1: sit at the other table at morning tea with other like minded people and,
              Strategy 2: Don't look at the peanut butter!

Macro breakdown for today:
              1401 calories- upped a lot by my inability to resist.

Fat: 76g or 48%
              Carbs: 60g or 17%
              Protein: 123g or 35g.

Tomorrow's goal is to reduce temptations to snack and monitor triggers to be able to maintain my resolve.

Crossing my fingers!
              Last edited by his_chick; 04-11-2012, 03:41 AM.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

I am at a point now where I habitually just say no at morning tea. I figure if I desparately want cake or whatever it is, I can buy or make some really good quality stuff another time. I've never made a cake yet. I always find 'just once' starts a slippery slope to 'every day', and 'seconds'.

Comment

*nods head in agreement*

Totally agree. It was hard but I could have definitely done better in managing my cravings.
                  Yesterday's breakdown:
                  1130 calories
                  47% or 60 g of fat
                  44% or 117g protein
                  11% or 32g carbs

Had silverbeet, tomato and carrot omelettes for both breakfast and dinner and a ground beef, tomato bolognaise with salad for lunch. Morning tea was my carrot and celery sticks with a can of tuna.

I did a boxing class in the morning and was feeling hungry so I ate my almonds and brazilnuts then.

Had a much more successful day yesterday avoiding the snacks and temptations. Another day to add to the resolve.

Today was my day off and with a change in routine comes difficulty in saying no. I had my first scone with jam in 3 months today, my grandma bought morning tea for us and although I didn't feel obligated to eat it I did. It wasn't amazing and I regretted it almost immediately because my tummy reacted to it that quick. Needless to say I won't be doing that again. Even if it was the polite thing to do.

Breakdown for today:
                  Breakfast: iF until 10am.
                  Morning tea: scone with jam and cream. 10g of almonds and 2 cups of tea.
                  Lunch: 4 shortcut bacon rashers and an egg with a huge salad.
                  Afternoon tea: 20g brazilnuts and a carrot.
                  Dinner: grilled chicken and vegetables with a coconut cream sauce.

Haven't added that all up yet so will check back later tonight with figures.

Happy Friday night!
                  Last edited by his_chick; 04-13-2012, 12:44 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Ended making a Thai marinade for my chicken so dinner was a Thai marinated grilled chicken with stir fry vegetables.

Breakdown:
                    1366 calories, a little high from my scone with cream and more snacking on nuts today. Sad face because I was doing so well.
                    54% fat or 84g fat
                    21% or 75g carbs
                    25% or 86g protein.

Starting again tomorrow. Humph.
                    Super Saturday!

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Saturday was a day at home and with it comes the temptation to snack. Finished off the peanut butter so at least as long as I don't buy another jar that temptation is gone. ate primally all day minus the peanut butter.

Dinner was at a friends birthday party and I steered away from the nibbles and was doing quite well until the cake. I haven't indulged in cheesecake for so long and all the excuses in the world could be made but I really just wanted it. So I had it. Beautiful and enjoyed every bite.
                      Lol. I'm terrible at this restraint thing I know.

Sunday, day of rest, day for new beginnings.

Today's goals are IF until mid afternoon if I can, a good yummy primal dinner and an early night to bed. No snacking, no little bit of this or that. 100% for April restarts here.

I can do it and I will. The only person controlling me... Is me.

Best of luck in your day today too!

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Went to estabar for lunch. They weren't very helpful with alternatives or straying from the set menu. Which was annoying but unavoidable. Enjoyed scrambled eggs (which probably had cream or milk in there) and a coconut frappe which also probably had milk in it. Another yummy meal that I enjoyed but should have steered away from.

Shall endeavour to make a scrummy and VERY primal dinner.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Dinner was yummy. Made sautéed vegetables with an egg. My favourite easy meal. Enjoyed a warm plum with some coconut cream and a cup of black tea for dessert. Back on the wagon for the thousandth time.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Monday has started well, up and at the gym early for a legs and body weight session. I'm really enjoying the activity and cooler air of the mornings since I started going to the gym.

Breakfast: (eaten prior to my workout) steamed silverbeet, mushroom, zucchini and broccoli with a poached egg.
                            Morning Tea: celery and carrot sticks with 1/2 avocado and 1/2 a tomato, 10g each of almonds and brazilnuts and some cake crumbs. Better than taking a whole slice but still disappointed. Meh.
                            Lunch: (planned) canned lemon pepper tuna with a HUGE salad (cos lettuce, carrot, tomato, red and green capsicum, cucumber and mushrooms) and 1/2 avocado.
                            Dinner: freshly caught dew fish and either salad or steamed vegetables. Also might try and create a lemon coconut cream sauce to put over the fish.

Goals for the rest of this week are to:
                            1. Eat primally without giving into temptations at work.
                            2. Stay away from snacking on ingredients whilst cooking.
                            3. Drink more water.

I'm looking forward positively.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

Well, dinner couldn't have been further than what I had planned. Went to mums for dinner and we had beautiful roast lamb and sweet potatoes. Reaaaalllly upped my carb count for the day but I was at less than 50g prior to it so not too bad overall.

Breakdown for today:
                              1471 calories total
                              91g or 24% protein
                              65 g or 38% fat
                              149g or 38% carbs.

Removing the sweet potato tomorrow will keep carbs and calories down.

Feeling energetic and pumped to continue improving my resolve.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

How's it all going? I came of the wagon entirely Saturday night at a friends' 30th, but have been back on for 2 days now...trying VLC this week to see if I can kickstart a loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X